New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Steve Ballmer was on the Jimmy Kimmel (Laker Lover) show last night.

Good interview but no secrets revealed. Hard not to feel enthusiastic when Ballmer gets all pumped up.

So much better than pretending the previous owner didn't exist.

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Steve Ballmer was on the Jimmy Kimmel (Laker Lover) show last night.

Good interview but no secrets revealed. Hard not to feel enthusiastic when Ballmer gets all pumped up.

So much better than pretending the previous owner didn't exist.

Can't wait to see Ballmer's face if and when the Clippers win a title. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In the meantime, the Celtics and the Spurs are somehow in some slump, losing a few games lately. I wonder if there will be such a thing as activating a playoff 'switch'. :D

Reactions: WLVCA

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Brutal article....LeBron is not looking good.

I said a few nights agothsat in the loss to the Grizz the team looked distracted and I stated that my bet s they have given up on him, don't trust him and would prefer to play elsewhere next season

As I also said when the deal was announced that I just cannot cozy up to him as a Laker. He will never be on in my eyes. He is only interested in himself and his legacy.Ive said age is an issue here and with 3 years on his contract I can't see him crossing the finish line. He just doesn't look himself. He misses as many shots as his team mates yet he blames them for the team problems

No one is going to follow him. It'll be up to Magic and as much as I like Luke, I feel his time as a coach is numbered. The King is a scoundrel who will do anything for his legacy

Steve Williams

Halftime

Lakers up 63-57

Yawn

Yawn

All of the go to shots, fo to, well guessnwho, the King, who misses all of those shots which used to be a given for him. For him it's not distraction, cuz he's got the desire but his age is catching up and ho e just doesn't have the ability as well as before.

Ingram still looks distracted and Kuzma hasn't impressed and Ball remains on the injured list

Rondo to me should be the starting PG. He still has a lot of guts and desire

On the other hand to watch the brow do a hop step and a jump from half court to a simple layup I still am reaching out to Magic who might just be starting to worry about Le Bron let alone his team as a whole.....Magic if you hear this The King for the Brow
I forgot Randle is a Pel now. He looked determined but Davis who is just reaching his peak and money potential and LeBron who is over the hump.

To play 'James ball' he needs to assemble the team and hopefully Magic won't give up the farm.

James needs to look in the mirror

Steve Williams

Lakers open a 12 point lead in the 4th only to once again create angina in Luke Walton's chest
as Pels come within 3

For once James nails a critical tre with 31 seconds left in the game

Lakers finally win a game even though they were just OK

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
who is Bullock and where did he come from. He played some good minutes

Reggie Bullock was originally drafted by the Clippers in 2013. He was later traded to Phoenix as part of a 3 way trade with the Suns, Clips and Celtics that brought Austin Rivers to the Clippers.

He ended up in Detroit and then was traded to the Lakers this year.

I may not be 100% accurate here but that's generally correct.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The 'distraction' that was the AD to LAL has now morphed into a nightmare scenario even for the Pelicans. At first they didn't want to play AD anymore for fear of a possible injury, and the league compelled them to do so, and now they are just letting him play some minutes and not in even in close game situations is he in there. He is now like a commodity in a chiller, in between the ref and the freezer. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The 'distraction' that was the AD to LAL has now morphed into a nightmare scenario even for the Pelicans. At first they didn't want to play AD anymore for fear of a possible injury, and the league compelled them to do so, and now they are just letting him play some minutes and not in even in close game situations is he in there. He is now like a commodity in a chiller, in between the ref and the freezer. :D

Looks like LeBron's buddy Rich Paul really screwed Anthony Davis.

Steve Williams

Looks like LeBron's buddy Rich Paul really screwed Anthony Davis.

Rich Paul works for the King

IMO the King screwed AD just like he did the entire Lakers team and likely Luke Walton

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
WIth this 4 game losing streak of the Celtics, I am now beginning to believe what the critics say, that the other Celtics are just watching Kyrie do his iso. To top It all, this trance mentality makes them forget to play defense too.

Reactions: Steve Williams

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Rich Paul works for the King

IMO the King screwed AD just like he did the entire Lakers team and likely Luke Walton

Please be more accurate: Self declared King :rolleyes:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Please be more accurate: Self declared King :rolleyes:

Self declared king and self declared GOAT, he declared that by virtue of one title to end some decades-old drought in Cleveland.

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

needless to say you can tell I am far from a LeBron fan. His antics has destroyed 3 teams (4 if you count Cleveland twice). His tactics continue togo unnoticed by the league office that one wonders what the job of the commissioner is. Remember when the commissioner blocked the trade between New Orleans and the Lakers for Chris Paul because it would have made the Lakers unfairly stronger than other teams and the deal went instead to the Clppers

Meanwhile GSW is losing and the Nuggs keep winning and are a half a game back

In the East the Bucks remain the team to beat but where the heck did the Brooklyn Nets come from to be in playoff contention

The playoffs this year will be interesting as the East IMO might just have some answers for the West and the GSW

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing