New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Well what do you know, just when I never expected the C's to win, they come out with a win on the road in Philly. That is more of the playoff games from last year that I am used to seeing the C's play, and without Kyrie who is nursing a sprained knee. Hayward topscored for the C's with 26 and he just has to get more grind in his teeth and have that old killer shooting instinct. Memorable play of the game - bulldog Smart driving down the lane knowing Embiid had 5 fouls and dunked it right through the big man. Way to go, Smart - the atoned your horrible misses from the outside. :D

I was listening to Colin Cowherd today and he said the Celtics are better without Kyrie as evidenced by the win over the 76ers.

He also said that Tatum will be the Celtics best player eventually, just needs more time to develop.

Seemed to make sense to me, hadn't considered those things before.

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I was listening to Colin Cowherd today and he said the Celtics are better without Kyrie as evidenced by the win over the 76ers.

He also said that Tatum will be the Celtics best player eventually, just needs more time to develop.

Seemed to make sense to me, hadn't considered those things before.

Because Kyrie is a ball hugger. All the Celtics fans say that each time the Celtics win without Kyrie. But I feel that in a playoff series game 7, Kyrie is needed in those clutch situations as he had proven before. Rozier has become a pre hot shooting Smart - throwing up prayers.

Tatum is an special talent. He Is no Al Jefferson whom Danny traded for KG.

Reactions: WLVCA

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Isaiah Thomas was back on the court for Denver last night as his hip has healed. He scored 8 points and had 2 assists in 13 minutes last night against the Kings......maybe he should go back to the Celtics to replace Kyrie. :)

On to the Clippers....what kind of tanking are the Clippers doing? They won again last night versus the Suns. Come on, LAC - get with the program please. ;)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Isaiah Thomas was back on the court for Denver last night as his hip has healed. He scored 8 points and had 2 assists in 13 minutes last night against the Kings......maybe he should go back to the Celtics to replace Kyrie. :)

On to the Clippers....what kind of tanking are the Clippers doing? They won again last night versus the Suns. Come on, LAC - get with the program please. ;)

Happy to see IT healthy and contributing. His 28 ppg average in his last season with the Celtics is still an impressive stat. As much as I like the guy, I'd still take Kyrie. :)

As for the Clippers, that top 14 protected pick must be the one owed to the Celtics. I even forgot who Danny or how he got that pick for. :) If the C's do get that pick, it could be used to trade for AD's one year rental. :) Yeah, plus some more picks. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I didn't want to mention it previously but, yes, it is the Celtics pick....and I would like to see the Clippers keep it! ;)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Well that isn't surprising....Celtics have employed questionable tactics dating back to the Red Auerbach days! :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Well that isn't surprising....Celtics have employed questionable tactics dating back to the Red Auerbach days! :)

I only know about the Bird drafting bit. Didn't read up on the rest. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Jayson Tatum predicts a championship for the Celtics this year. I'm OK with that - the Warriors have enough titles now.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ltics-jayson-tatum-win-nba-finals/2906669002/

Thanks Mike. I have a small belief in that and for sure I'm OK with that too. :)

I think he is pumped up after winning some skills contest in the All Star weekend. That is a good attitude to have. A thought just came into me re Colin Herd's statement that Boston is better off without Kyrie and that is because of Kyrie's 'slower' in defensive rotation or assignment. Rozier is a much faster guy and during last season's playoff run where Kyrie was injured, the defense of the C's was much tighter that what is has been this season. Hopefully this changes as they try to make Tatum's prediction come true. And to do that, I feel the C's need a 90% Hayward of old, as a starter, to consistently deliver 20 ppg.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hayward sprained his right ankle in a practice game with 2 fellow Celtics. Thankfully, it was not the repaired ankle. Scary to hear these things on Hayward and that has been the 'mental' part of the recovery. Stevens said Hayward should be back in a short time.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Celtics vs Bucks tonight. Hope Hayward can play. Should be a good game.

Sorry to see that Zion Williamson was hurt in the Duke - North Carolina game. I was looking forward to watching him play and he was injured in the first minute of the game. He's likely to be the #1 draft choice this year. Early reports sound like he'll be OK.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Celtics vs Bucks tonight. Hope Hayward can play. Should be a good game.

Sorry to see that Zion Williamson was hurt in the Duke - North Carolina game. I was looking forward to watching him play and he was injured in the first minute of the game. He's likely to be the #1 draft choice this year. Early reports sound like he'll be OK.

Yeah, hope Hayward has recovered. Test for the Celtics.

My friend in Michigan messaged me to watch the Duke game but I was also disappointed to see Zion going down so early. There are even reports that the Nike shoe that broke was the cause of the injury, and Nike stock price went down.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Good game by the Celtics. Clearly the Bucks have a lot more talent so the C's needed to play a good game. Despite the number of 3s converted by the Bucks, the Cs held the Buck who are averaging 116 ppg to 98 points. I'm happy with that. :) I'm ok with Kyrie missing the game winning shot too. Bucks played him well in that sequence.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Good game by the Celtics. Clearly the Bucks have a lot more talent so the C's needed to play a good game. Despite the number of 3s converted by the Bucks, the Cs held the Buck who are averaging 116 ppg to 98 points. I'm happy with that. :) I'm ok with Kyrie missing the game winning shot too. Bucks played him well in that sequence.

That was a heck of a game, great play by both teams. Obviously the last play was intended for Kyrie but Al Horford popped wide open on the left wing. Not going to criticize though - heat of the moment you have to make a quick decision.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing