New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Enjoy your trip. We've been to Australia but never to New Zealand. It is on our bucket list. My son was there a couple years ago for hiking and camping and said it was beautiful.

Lakers are on TNT tonight playing the Rockets. I'd prefer being in New Zealand to watching the game on TV.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Thanks

We are on the last leg of an 18 day trip. Arrived today in Auckland for a few days and home Sunday

This has truly been the most beautiful country we’ve ever visited especially the South Island

Reactions: WLVCA and jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Lakers were down by 19 in the third quarter but came back to beat the Rockets 111 - 106.

Lebron had 29 points, Ingram had 27. Nice win for LAL.

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Harden just keeps shooting even in impossible situations. Wonder what D'Antoni's plan is, but there are no plays when they needed points. CP3 just kept playing 1 on 1, and Rivers was throwing bricks, open bricks.

Reactions: WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lakers visit Pelicans but news is that AD will not play. Hmmm. Maybe waiting for 'dinner' with you-know-who? :D

Steve Williams

Finally home to sunny but cold southern California

I see the Lakers lost to the Pels who played without AD

Latest headline is LBJ not happy with losing

Well nothing has changed in the past 2 1/2 weeks that I've been gone. I am now of the opinion that with the deadline past on trades the Lakers are almost certain to miss the playoffs which to me signifies the King will demand a coaching change and major off season trades

I love the Lakers but still have never cozied up to LBJ as a Laker

If they miss the playoffs this year his run is over

I also feel contrary to most other readers here the at age 34 I see LBJ starting to break down just the wy Kobe did in his final 4 years

Kobe also had a huge 4 year contract like LBJ and sustained many season ending injuries. This plus the fact that as I see it no player is rushing to his side to win the title as there are too many good teams in the east and West this year

What is happening with the Raptors since I've been away

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Welcome home Stevie! Kiwi Land is on my bucket list!

Steve Williams

Welcome home Stevie! Kiwi Land is on my bucket list!

The South Island is paradise Jack although we loved the North island as well. I thought NZ was the most beautiful country I’ve ever visited.

Steve Williams

Watched my first Lakers game in 3 weeks and true to form they lost to Memphis having trailed the entire game . There was a glimpse in the final minute where they could have tied the game but true to form the King thinking all he needs to do is barrel down the court and run through the defender like a steam engine but this time the refs called it right in spite of LeBron thinking no foul at all

Lakers haven't been the same since December when they were in 4th place. Free fall ever since

Expect big changes in the off season none of which will be for the better as I think of Luke's demise

Steve Williams

Well well the King hath spoken

https://bleacherreport.com/post/los-angeles-lakers/579a395a-7b7b-4143-8501-38fd28c8e2c6

Here’s my take as I watched the game tonight ......

Players such as Ingram especially were missing easy shots. They do seem distracted

OR just maybe .....

His team mates don’t want to play with him and the season is virtually over as each game they sink deeper

Perhaps Ingram wants to be traded etc etc

Trading deadline has cone and gone so the off season makes for some big trades. My sense is these kids can’t concentrate and want out.

The King’s reign is rapidly ending. How dumb of the Lakers to spend $138M and not to get to the finish line in those 4 years.

I was dead serious when I said Magic should have traded The King for the Brow

Again I think of Luke.

Lakers fans are getting restless

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Definitely appears that LeBron is unhappy with the Lakers to this point....and I am sure there are questions up and down the organization about what to do next.

Reactions: jadis

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Doc Rivers paid tribute to Dirk Nowitzki last night by calling time out with a few seconds left in the Clippers - Mavericks game to ask Clippers fans to give Dirk a round of applause to show their appreciation for his great NBA career.

Reactions: jadis and christoph

Steve Williams

Definitely appears that LeBron is unhappy with the Lakers to this point.

perhaps the opposite is also true, that many Lakers are unhappy with LeBron to this point

3 years left on his contract. I don't see him leading them past the finish line in that time

Magic should have some brass cajones and keep the young kids who showed great potential until the king arrived and everything has gone south since Christmas when they have gone 6 and 16 and trade the King for a bunch

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I think LeBron has overstepped his boundaries with the AD/Rich Paul thing. Was he trying to do another Kevin Love/Wiggins thing? I think so. This one is bigger as it was done in the middle of the season with players trying to find chemistry (along with the coach too). Bigger distraction, yes. But only because it failed. And not saying that if had it gone through it would have been better for the Lakers. I mean, picture a team with James, AD, Lance, Rondo, McGee, and one more on the bench trying to make a run for the playoffs. And the thing about James now is that he has propped himself up so much in the media that losing a game means 5 microphones asking him a thousand questions afterwards. Well, yeah, easy to see the Lakers are distracted.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing