New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Do you remember the Pistons in their glory days. About as blue collar and mean as any I have seen

Mean and hard and even more. In the Celtics series , but more so in those later Chicago playoff games. What can you expect with a whack like Rodman, and an enforcer like Mahorn, and a swinging Bill Laimbeer in the frontcourt?

Reactions: Steve Williams
Finesse over hardness for me anytime.
And by that I don't mean bad acting divas like Neymar in soccer.
Hardens neymaresque behaviour in the last playoffs enraged me vastly :mad:

Reactions: JackD201
Lambeer was the meanest

I didn't see this live in those days, only via the magic of youtube in recent years. Laimbeer with a complete body take down on a Bird layup. Bird was so angry he threw the ball at Laimbeer afterwards, and guess who came in as back up to hit Bird - Rodman. Bad boys at their meanest.

Reactions: Steve Williams
Reactions: jadis and WLVCA
You do have to play the games before you crown a champion so all this offseason talk is just that...talk.

The NBA is wide open for the first time in few years. Should make for a great season. I am ready for the games to begin!

I feel bad for Jeremy Lin. Nice guy and better than average player but seems his journeyman status is about to be cancelled

Jeremy Lin says he's hit 'rock bottom' during free agency
Veteran guard shared his feelings during a motivational speech in Taiwan
From NBA media reports

https://www.nba.com/news

Reactions: jadis
I feel bad for Jeremy Lin. Nice guy and better than average player but seems his journeyman status is about to be cancelled

Jeremy Lin says he's hit 'rock bottom' during free agency
Veteran guard shared his feelings during a motivational speech in Taiwan
From NBA media reports

https://www.nba.com/news

To me, Lin has got a very good journey. The only Asian to have an NBA ring. How bout that? Not even Yao Ming has one. His Linsanity will not be forgotten easily, specially in a big city like New York. Again, I have to wonder what that big contract he had with the Rockets did to his career. Linsanity was not in Houston, and certainly not in Toronto. But as I said, nothing to be ashamed of, the fact that he was signed a played some games but was not the 'fit' for the newer style of the game now, it's been a good journey for him. Many journeymen went through that and even got nothing much to be remembered for. Lin has been a good figure all throughout, in and out of the court.

Reactions: christoph and jadis
A terrific read but for me it is just lip service and nothing will ever change. The league is not run by the owners but rather by the players

Inside a tense NBA owners meeting that might change free agency

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27243621/inside-tense-nba-owners-meeting-change-free-agency

Well, not only did the league evolved into the players holding all the power to do whatever they want, but on the side of the owners, some teams are really wanting to pay the luxury tax, led by Golden State, then teams like Portland, Miami, OKC, Denver, etc were paying the tax like it's drinking milk. The rules are not working according to plans, it seems.

A light (or heavy) moment in a church in Toronto. :)

67648077_2539161232802409_3265024792570363904_o.jpg

Good luck coach.

The Los Angeles Lakers head coach Frank Vogel made his motives clear why he wanted to see Jason Kidd on his coaching staff, per Silver Screen & Roll:

“I’ve gotten really comfortable with Jason. What I would say is every assistant coach in the NBA wants to be head coach. Jason’s no different in that regard. It was brought to my attention that they had an interest in bringing him on as an assistant … we had a great talk and a great interview and he’s in a terrific place.

The thing about Jason that kept me to have an open mind immediately is that the lead assistant role on my staff, I’ve always tried to fill with a former player, a former respected player that has coaching experience dating back to Brian Shaw first, initially, and then onto Nate McMillan, and then Corliss Williamson on my coaching staff in Orlando,” Vogel said.

https://www.talkbasket.net/48965-la...kidd-ive-gotten-really-comfortable-with-jason

Stephen A calls it as it is.........

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=27286416

All these proclamations of not winning a title would be a failure reminds me of Karl Malone when he joined Shaq and Kobe. Indeed during that time, it was hard not to believe Karl. But there are so many X factors in sports. Like a 5 minutes into the game gruesome injury to an All Star or a playoffs non-contact injury, or a player dreaming to be somewhere else while in contract with his team, and the quality and chemistry of the other contenders. Can't wait to have the season start. :)

Interesting read

Do you all agree?

Lakers are only ranked 4th :)

Mid-Summer Power Rankings: Clippers sit atop new-look Western Conference
Utah, Denver round out top three after busy offseason of player moves
John Schuhmann
John Schuhmann NBA.com

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/07/29/western-conference-power-rankings-mid-summer-edition

I feel Lakers should be No. 3 over Utah. :) Record wise, Denver has won a lot of games last season and IINM was a top 2 in the regular season in the West. Clippers can slip to No.2 depending on the load management of Kawhi and PG who I read had shoulder surgery.

I feel Lakers should be No. 3 over Utah. :) Record wise, Denver has won a lot of games last season and IINM was a top 2 in the regular season in the West. Clippers can slip to No.2 depending on the load management of Kawhi and PG who I read had shoulder surgery.

Not so sure Phil. Lebron is still hitting 35 with a prior groin injury

IMO I think 4th is realistic for now until the season begins. Denver easily handled the Lakers all last season

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing