New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I can't think of a single center in the league that can beat Howard for the price and 15 minutes per game. He isn't what he used to be but he is still a beast under minute restriction. He is still one heck of a rebounder and can close out to the arc if he isn't winded. My beef with Howard is that his blinders come up almost every single time he decides to put the ball on the floor. So predictable! Best not to give him a touch unless he's rolling or in good post position.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I can't think of a single center in the league that can beat Howard for the price and 15 minutes per game. He isn't what he used to be but he is still a beast under minute restriction. He is still one heck of a rebounder and can close out to the arc if he isn't winded. My beef with Howard is that his blinders come up almost every single time he decides to put the ball on the floor. So predictable! Best not to give him a touch unless he's rolling or in good post position.
I hope you’re right Jack. Don’t forget he had spinal surgery and has plated only 7 games last year

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
He was 16 and 10 in 25 mins those games he played so I'm hopeful for the Purple and Gold. What I have to look up is when he played in the season. Lemme see :)

Steve Williams

The more I read about Boogy I believe that if this doesn't end his career (his ACL and now the alleged violent threat against his ex girlfriend)I believe he'll be out this year and am betting a lengthy suspension by the league as well as a huge fine

Reactions: jadis and christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
The more I read about Boogy I believe that if this doesn't end his career (his ACL and now the alleged violent threat against his ex girlfriend)I believe he'll be out this year and am betting a lengthy suspension by the league as well as a huge fine
In don't see a lenghty Suspension but an even bigger fine by the league :eek:
They want him playing and put on a Show. People want to see him again and are willing to pay for that ;)
The league is only about the Money and the Show (which means more Money) :rolleyes:
A grounded Boogy does not generate Money :p

PS: Often times when I write in this thread, shaking my head, there is the song by Randy Newman in my head:
"It's money that matters
Hear what I say
It's money that matters
In the USA..."

Last edited:

Steve Williams

In don't see a lenghty Suspension but an even bigger fine by the league :eek:
They want him playing and put on a Show. People want to see him again and are willing to pay for that ;)
The league is only about the Money and the Show (which means more Money) :rolleyes:
A grounded Boogy does not generate Money :p

PS: Often times when I write in this thread, shaking my head, there is the song by Randy Newman in my head:
"It's money that matters
Hear what I say
It's money that matters
In the USA..."

I agree in part as to what you say about the league and money. As I read the facts, they have the tape of Boogy's threat. Not only will he not play for the Lakers this year because of the injury but so also I predict a big fine as well as suspension, so much so that I would be surprised to ever see Boogy play a game in a Lakers uniform. He is now more than tarnished goods. I think his career has reached some form of end point

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Steve Ballmer is thinking that Doc is a genius for using reverse psychology on his two new superstars who may have gotten a little full of themselves during free agency. ;)
Touché

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
“When you think of the Celtics, you think of ‘The Big Three’ [Paul Pierce, Garnett, and Allen], but that doesn’t include [Rajon] Rondo or Perk [Kendrick Perkins], who were both phenomenal players, or Eddie House, Tony Allen, James Posey, PJ Brown, Big Baby [Glen Davis], and Leon Powe. That was a deep basketball team. Teams aren’t as deep now.

I think Doc forgot about Sam Casell. :D Sam was and old and clankety microwave. So taking away Powe (who was a star for 1 finals game - surprising Phil Jackson), that Celtics team had 6 good bench players and IINM 3 of them had rings. I used to think after the title year that Doc loves to work his first 5 to death but in thinking about this 2008 lineup, he did give a very good spread to the bench players. For Doc, the off the bench guys should perform instantly, or he will lose trust in them, imo. But now with the Clippers, Doc has to deal with his star, Kawhi, who has invented load management, so the bench really should be like microwaves - well there is Lou Williams. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Sam Casell played for the Clippers 2 1/2 seasons before they accommodated his request to go to the Celtics halfway through the 2007-2008 season. Sam was incredible with the Clippers , especially in the season they made their first trip in a long time to the playoffs in 2005-2006. That guy played with no fear and had massive cajones.

As Phil noted, by the time he went to the Celtics his best days as a player were behind him.....but in the 05-06 season we knew when the game was on the line we could count on Sam.

Edit - Sam is also an assistant coach with the Clippers now.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sam Casell played for the Clippers 2 1/2 seasons before they accommodated his request to go to the Celtics halfway through the 2007-2008 season. Sam was incredible with the Clippers , especially in the season they made their first trip in a long time to the playoffs in 2005-2006. That guy played with no fear and had massive cajones.

As Phil noted, by the time he went to the Celtics his best days as a player were behind him.....but in the 05-06 season we knew when the game was on the line we could count on Sam.

Edit - Sam is also an assistant coach with the Clippers now.

Oh, I didn't know Sam is an AS of Doc now. Good rapport must be.

Steve Williams

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Steve Williams

I truly feel Jalen Rose is the most misguided basketball commentator in the game today. He pontificates as if he is the expert on anything and everything and never says anything meaningful. He swore up and down about that little bird who told him Kawhi was going to re-sign with the Raptors. Stephen A is similar but I like Stephen A. Jalen on the other hand.........

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=27490822

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing