New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Who is betting Melo gets traded to the Nets now that the Nets' owner supposedly called off the deal.

I think it is totally believable. The Lakers have played very few games against teams with winning records, yet they have now lost 13 games. Barring a trade the Lakers may not even end up with the 2nd best record in the west. Right now the Lakers are a team that is only 6 deep.

Barnes injury impacts only their defense. He can't create his own shot.

R u watching the W's?

Boston pulled it off or should I say Detroit gave it up at the end

Shaq seems to be a bit rejuvinated in this game. Diving for a loose ball? Blocking a shot and landing into the photog's lap? And making a 3 point play down the stretch. I believe if Boston goes the distance, he could help, granting Doc does not overuse him in a game, in terms of minutes played. His motivation may be winning a ring in his twilight years like Bill Russell, or even Wilt.

So here's a new question to you NBA followers. Recently the NBA has been showing commercials on TV that show either a young Steve Nash or Amare Stoudemire when they were much younger and and in college before their NBA playing days as well as Kevin Durant in high school. How do they manipulate the dialog of the persons in the commercial with the 3 of them as they predict what the three of them will do in the NBA

it's 5 plus am here in manila and i caught the game at mid 2nd quarter with the celts up by like 7. garnett gets a gash on the head, i took a little break, when i came back, boston is down by 4 at half-time. i've seen it many times when a key player of boston goes out, they seem to play 'lost'. it must be psychological or what.

Last edited:
So here's a new question to you NBA followers. Recently the NBA has been showing commercials on TV that show either a young Steve Nash or Amare Stoudemire when they were much younger and and in college before their NBA playing days as well as Kevin Durant in high school. How do they manipulate the dialog of the persons in the commercial with the 3 of them as they predict what the three of them will do in the NBA

i wonder that myself, steve. my only guess is that the guys who were whispering were guys from present day and a young amare was really from his younger days. maybe a good hollywood director did the splice. :)

Steve, did you watch the first game this morning - Thunder v Heat?

As I was watching the C's against the Lakers I was taken by the complete difference in game tempo between the 2 games. The first was very up tempo by both teams, neither of which has any low post offense, whereas the 2nd was mostly walk it up half court offense.

Ron, I am so bummed that I had to go out before it even ended. The Black Mamba can't carry them on his shoulders through the final. Gasol in the past 10 games is soft and reticent and where the heck is Bynum who is supposedly healthy now.

In the time-outs Doc was hoarse with imploring his team what to do whereas the zen master was merely saying to his team, "come on, you're better than that"

Lakers are indeed vulnerable.

Yes I saw the first game and I love watching the Thunder. These are a bunch of highly talented very young kids led by KD who is a gentleman and far from the flamboyancy of some of the other stars of the league. I was hoping they would beat the Heat but they made some silly turn overs at the end

Yep. The Lakers may be done, not only this year but for a while unless they make a trade and really shake things up. They are slow and are only 6 deep.

Is There A Shakeup Coming In LaLa Land

After L.A.'s 13-point loss to the Celtics on Sunday, GM Mitch Kupchak has hinted that moves may be on the horizon.

Lakers' struggles have Kupchak ready to make moves

Posted Jan 31 2011 6:56PM - Updated Feb 1 2011 7:13AM
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- The Lakers officially entered crisis mode Monday, when general manager Mitch Kupchak told NBA.com that the recent poor play by the two-time defending champions may drive him to make a trade to shake up an underachieving roster.

"Regarding a trade, I may have to," Kupchak said at the team's practice facility a day after the convincing loss to the Celtics. "I'm not saying that I've made calls today or I'll make them tomorrow. But I just don't think that we're playing as well as our talent level should allow us."
Even speaking in his usual measured tones, Kupchak's disappointment and frustration were obvious. More importantly, while saying he had not talked to owner Jerry Buss since being controlled by the Celtics in the fourth quarter at Staples Center, Kupchak said, "I'd be surprised if he feels any different."
The Lakers are 33-15, good for second place in the Western Conference, 7 1/2 games behind the Spurs and a game ahead of the Mavericks heading into Dallas' meeting with the Wizards on Monday night. But Los Angeles mostly built that with a good start against a soft schedule. Even the recent showing of 10 wins in 12 games did little to erase internal concerns, especially since that has been followed by home losses to the Kings and Celtics.
Most glaring of all, the Lakers have struggled to play with consistency against the best teams in the league, the clubs that will become the obstacles between a third consecutive title and a disappointing end to what Phil Jackson says is his final season as coach. Since Christmas alone, they have lost to the Heat by 16, the Spurs by 15, the Mavericks by nine and, now, the Celtics by 13, while beating the Thunder by seven.
"I try to be as objective as possible, but I'm concerned that our performance is not living up to our talent level," Kupchak said. "Our record is certainly OK. But we've lost a bunch of home games. We've lost a couple of big games at home. And to me, those are red flags.
"I'm not convinced it's lack of talent. I think it's there. Our team is very similar -- certainly our starting five is exact -- as the team last year. Yes, we're a year older. But it's not like our guys are 34, 35 or 36. They're all between 29 and 31 or 32. I think we've added a couple players that may make our roster even stronger, with Steve Blake and Matt Barnes. ... You don't age off the charts in one year when you're 30 or 31."
So, the Lakers may consider trades.
"I wasn't," Kupchak said. "But it looks as if we may have to. ... It's something I may do in the future. I just don't think that our talent level is playing as well as they can play. We have an incredibly high payroll and we do that because we have players that normally produce at a high level. And I'm not sure I see that now."

Also Monday, Jackson added to the growing unease by admitting, in response to a question of whether he is alarmed, that "Yes, I am."
Asked what alarms him the most, Jackson said, "Inconsistency, I think, offensively is the thing that bothers me the most. We have defensive mistakes. We've plotted them out. We talked to them about it today and what we made mistakes doing. But really, our inconsistency playing offense is really something we have to work on."
The Lakers play the Rockets on Tuesday at Staples Center before hosting the Spurs on Thursday in a game that suddenly has unusually high importance for February. They begin a seven-game trip from there, now with a cloud of uncertainty hanging over the roster.

Hi

Saw the Lakers on the Tube and they are so far disappointing .. Recently saw the Heat in Miami destroying the hapless Cavs ... in Miami where I can't understand how the Arena can be so empty ... regardless of the games .. Relatively easy to find tickets .. I am looking forward to find the Clippers ticket , the Cavs game tickets would have been easy to get even if they were playing the Lakers .. This team should be demoted to the CBA .. Man ..
Anyhow .. The Heat play with passion and discipline .. These guys are having fun with each other and are determined to leave their mark on the NBA.. Lebron has gotten better (Scary thought) and DWade even more so, this kid is amazing quick and with a body control the leagues sees rarely ( MJ, Lobe, DoctorJ kind of Body Control) ... Bosh is playing wih a passion reminiscent of Kevin Garnett. And he is effective , he is where Gasol can be if he put his mind to dominate .. I believe Gasol has better skills than about any power forward in the league but he doesn't seem to want to dominate.. The Heat are very, very good but the low-post game is non-existent once you remove DWade and Lebron penetrations .. , Bosh is decent down-low but he is not the greatest back to the basket forward you will find .. Not close to Gasol anyway ... They will be unbeatable if they acquire a world-class center and a decent power forward and of course some modicum of bench .. Don't worry about Point Guard with the Ball handling skills of Lebron and D-Wade .. I was impressed .. this team is scary .. There is a chemistry on this team that one hasn't seen since the 80's Celtics or the Lakers post-Kareem when it was clear that the boss was Magic or the really Detroit bad Boys where they all were and proud to be so ... You can see it the moment they introduce the players ...
Scary ..I tell you only wait till next year ...
Meanwhile the Celtics know how to rise to the occasion, call them old iof you will but they will beat a lot of team before they retire and likely will grab another championship .. The future however seems to belong to the Heat .. unless the Knicks get Melo ... with Melo and Amarre Sheldon can reveal himself to be more than adequate ... The Italian kid (forget his name) is beyond decent he got game !! .then it becomes another league where the action has moved East ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing