New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The one Laker signing I didn't understand was Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - $40 million for three years.

Perhaps I don't understand his contribution - other than being a Klutch Sports client.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
The one Laker signing I didn't understand was Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - $40 million for three years.

Perhaps I don't understand his contribution - other than being a Klutch Sports client.
Rich provisions ;)

Reactions: WLVCA and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

It's not much different than the hold out negotiations with JR Smith wherein Rich Paul bagged him $57m for 4 years. There were reports that LeGM was impatient during the hold out. Same case then with yet another Paul client Tristan Thompson. They both got extended very very well. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

I'm a Lakers fan and IMO I am happy he signed again

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And Tatum becomes the cornerstone of this Celtics era. I remember Jack said when he played so well in his first year, he made the Gordon Hayward's role redundant. Now, Tatum is 'alone'. :D
$195m for 5 years.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Celticblog reports that Ainge finally woke up (dunno if it's the son of the father) and signed Tristan Thompson (hmmm, stable of Rich Paul, probable spy :D ) and Jeff Teague. So so pick ups.

I heard that Ibaka agreed to sign with the Clippers.
Tristan will be bringing the Kardashians to Boston with him. How lovely!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Tristan will be bringing the Kardashians to Boston with him. How lovely!

Wow...Maybe I should be tuning into their K's reality show now? Maybe not, the K's Curse may strike for the C's. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
So the Lakers traded Javale McGee to Cleveland to create space to sign Marc Gasol. I like Gasol but he won't bang underneath like either Howard or McGee - more of a finesse player with good touch with the ball, great passer and a decent shooter a little further out.

Interesting move, good counterpoint to Harrell's game I suppose.

The did at least give Marc a little love after trading him for his brother way back when.

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles

KCP was so-so during the pre-COVID season as he was mainly used as a tough defender and spot-up shooter. His role became more crucial in the bubble as Avery Bradley stays home and Danny Green was totally useless(IMO). He steps up big time during the bubble and in the playoffs which is why the Lakers rewarded him with the 3-year $40 mils contract(3rd year is a team option).

Reactions: Steve Williams

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
It's not much different than the hold out negotiations with JR Smith wherein Rich Paul bagged him $57m for 4 years. There were reports that LeGM was impatient during the hold out. Same case then with yet another Paul client Tristan Thompson. They both got extended very very well. ;)
Btw. Phil, I like your new moniker :cool::D

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Btw. Phil, I like your new moniker :cool::D
Thanks Christoph. Very fitting too. :D But honestly, I picked it up from a YouTube poster.
And here is one article that has some reference to his LeGM-ship. :D:oops::rolleyes:

"Ego could have stopped Pelinka from apparently surrendering to the best team builder of the past decade, LeBron James, and making sure everyone knew the squad moves were their own to cement their own prestige in the league.
At James' other stops, the men in charge resisted the idea that the best player was actually running things, sometimes making moves without his blessing or even his direct wishes - perhaps out of resentment or traditional basketball norms."

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Sadly Phil, the facts are the facts. This is what he does and because he excels at it we all hate him

I never gave the Lakers a chance to win it all last year but he engendered the proper team attitude under the bubble and came away with the trophy and another ring

When I look at the strength not only in the west but so also the East I also have to wonder if they can repeat. Yet some of the trades the Lakers made over the past few days IMO serve only strengthen. the team and make a bid for a "repeat"

The Warriors were at the top of my list until Klay went down. Man, I feel for him. Shades of D Rose

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

another huge contract as we alll wait for Gianni to ponder over his.....

Source: Boston Celtics, Jayson Tatum agree to max rookie extension worth up to $195M​

Jayson Tatum has agreed to a five-year extension worth up to $195 million with the Boston Celtics, a source told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

The full designated rookie max of $163 million could go up to nearly $200 million with All-NBA escalators, sources said.

Tatum's agent, Jeff Wechsler, and the Celtics finalized details Sunday, the source said.
Tatum will receive the 30% max that would boost the contract's value to $195 million only if he makes first-, second- or third-team All-NBA next season, per sources. Tatum was a third-team All-NBA selection this past season. He also will receive a player option in the deal, a sourced told Wojnarowski.

The No. 3 pick in the 2017 NBA draft, Tatum made his first All-Star team this past season, as he blossomed into the face of the Celtics while leading the franchise to the Eastern Conference finals again.

Tatum, 22, averaged career highs of 23.4 points, 7.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.4 steals this past season for Boston, and boosted his 3-point attempt rate from 3.9 per game in 2018-19 to 7.1 per game. He scored 39 points while guarding Kawhi Leonard in a win in Boston over the LA Clippers before the All-Star break, then scored 41 points at Staples Center in a loss to the Los Angeles Lakers shortly afterward.

"The kid is special," LeBron James said after that Feb. 23 meeting. "Obviously, that's a reason he's a first-time All-Star, and he's been special all year."

Boston now has Tatum and fellow wing Jaylen Brown under contract through the 2023-24 season, giving the Celtics one of the best young foundations in the league. The star duo has already made two trips to the Eastern Conference finals together and is looking to get Boston back to the NBA Finals for the first time since 2010.

Tatum's extension caps a busy opening 48 hours of free agency for Boston in which the Celtics lost Gordon Hayward to the Charlotte Hornets, traded away Enes Kanter, and signed Tristan Thompson and Jeff Teague as free agents.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sadly Phil, the facts are the facts. This is what he does and because he excels at it we all hate him

I never gave the Lakers a chance to win it all last year but he engendered the proper team attitude under the bubble and came away with the trophy and another ring

When I look at the strength not only in the west but so also the East I also have to wonder if they can repeat. Yet some of the trades the Lakers made over the past few days IMO serve only strengthen. the team and make a bid for a "repeat"

The Warriors were at the top of my list until Klay went down. Man, I feel for him. Shades of D Rose
Re Klay, I was just texting with my good friend who lives in Fremont and a big Warrior's fan. He said it's better this way to have the injury at the beginning instead of the playoffs. And now they have to execute a plan B. Their alpha dog is still Steph and he will need an MVP season, and hope the rest do their jobs.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing