New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I believe that there is now such parity in the league that on any given day , any team can defeat any other. What it boils down to is winning best 4 of 7

Personally I feel Portland will prove to be a very good team this year. I just don't think they could win 4 out of 7 vs Lakers

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Harrell was one player who I had a lot of respect for last year. He killed the Lakers with his strength. I'm sure glad he is now a Laker....

Montrezl Harrell: Why He Joined the Lakers​

Reactions: MikeHorns

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
I thought they said that last season in round 1.
The video IS about last season, on how almost all the "experts" voice out their opinions about the Lakers' in the bubble. Is kind of funny how these same naysayers retreat to the reason the Lakers won is due to an easy playoff schedule. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The video IS about last season, on how almost all the "experts" voice out their opinions about the Lakers' in the bubble. Is kind of funny how these same naysayers retreat to the reason the Lakers won is due to an easy playoff schedule. :D
In my observation, Lebron feeds on media negative talks about him and his teams as motivation. Paul Pierce for one should stop making those predictions. It goes back to the Heat Celtics wars many years ago. Doc was telling the media not to say those 'motivational' words after James scored 45 points in game 6 to the tie series after being down 2-3 at home.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I just read that the Warriors have a mid level and a $17m trade exception to get 2 more quality players. The seems to be a good sign, and to me , what is better would be for Wiggins to play his best potential given that he's at a long term contract worth around $30m a year. Their player development staff has been quite good the past few years and there is some bright light for Warriors fans.

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I just read that the Warriors have a mid level and a $17m trade exception to get 2 more quality players. The seems to be a good sign, and to me , what is better would be for Wiggins to play his best potential given that he's at a long term contract worth around $30m a year. Their player development staff has been quite good the past few years and there is some bright light for Warriors fans.
I didn't realize that Wiggins is now with the Warriors :cool:
I really like Wiggins. Such a smooth and elegant player :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I didn't realize that Wiggins is now with the Warriors :cool:
I really like Wiggins. Such a smooth and elegant player :)
Wiggins was one of the first casualties or players to be GM'ed by LeGM back in the days when he wanted to return to the arms of Dan Gilbert as he spotted the young Kyrie but felt he needed Kevin Love. :D And Wiggins was shipped to the Wolves and did decent numbers, having a career average of 20ppg. And that's what he is, smooth and elegant. But to win the title, he has to be 'nasty'. :cool::D

Steve Williams

A terrific in depth assessment of the top 4 teams from East and West

I was surprised the Warriors didn't make it over Portland

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Silence from Giannis,

AD has yet to sign pending decision from Giannis

I think some meaningful trades were made this year and strong teams will be stronger

Phil.....I thought Ainge was a little sleep at the wheel in free agency and I was surprised to read that you might have tired of both Ainge and Brad. I have to admit that I like Brad as the coach and Ainge has pulled some feathers out of his hat over his years with some meaningful acquisitions

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Wiggins was one of the first casualties or players to be GM'ed by LeGM back in the days when he wanted to return to the arms of Dan Gilbert as he spotted the young Kyrie but felt he needed Kevin Love. :D And Wiggins was shipped to the Wolves and did decent numbers, having a career average of 20ppg. And that's what he is, smooth and elegant. But to win the title, he has to be 'nasty'. :cool::D
Wiggins is extremely talented but as you implied, he's too soft. Even with the COVID shorten season and playing with Draymond(tough tutor), he's numbers actually went down. Let's hope he can rebound this year with Steph at the helm.

Reactions: jadis and christoph

Steve Williams

I like Sekou Smith's preseason assessment and agree with you that he is selling short on the Warriors.
Having said that Lillard is a super star and the Lakers et al have no defense against him

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I'm sure AW can learn some useful skills with the Warriors :p

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Phil.....I thought Ainge was a little sleep at the wheel in free agency and I was surprised to read that you might have tired of both Ainge and Brad. I have to admit that I like Brad as the coach and Ainge has pulled some feathers out of his hat over his years with some meaningful acquisitions
Steve, he was sleeping! Half of the Celtics fans comments were to fire him. I think he rested his laurels after getting Tatum (as he was supposed to get the projected No. 1 in Fultz). Honestly, one years 1-3 of Brad, I felt he couldn't take the C's to the title. Then things changed when the injured C's team (Irving and Hayward both down) too the Cavs to game 7, a half away from the Finals but Rozier and Brown threw bricks and ex C's Jeff Green waxed hot to burn the C's. Can't blame him entirely after that but I agree with C's fans that he didn't let the rookies play much and develop. Hence I said he was turning into a 'Doc'. Ainge got Tristan and Teague though I'm not too excited bout them. I would have liked getting Ibaka and Schroeder (who btw, was like a back up to Teague before in Atlanta, IIRC.)

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm sure AW can learn some useful skills with the Warriors :p
Really hope so, if he can do 20ppg, he can almost fill in the point production of Klay. Though on the D-side, he has to toughen up. Yes, DIYhorn has a point there, learn from Draymond. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Having said that Lillard is a super star and the Lakers et al have no defense against him
I have a funny feeling that Lillard is like a Westbrook type, explosive but lacks control. And, not consistent. I've seen Lillard hit a game winner in a playoff game but I think that was it. :D

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Trivia time.

Larry Brown is the only coach to win both in the NCAA and the NBA. So that explains my feeling with Brad in the early years, until Hayward came to join him, as they had 2 runner up finishes in the NCAA for back to back years. I hoped that they would finish the job, which got me so excited till that ill-fated alley oop...

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing