New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
After all these years, Bosh finally talks about 'LeBolt'. Christoph, this one's for you too. :)

So I certainly felt what KG felt about Ray Allen bolting, to a bitter rival team which they just did an ECF battle months before. Ray's was far worse to KG and other Celtics faithful. But to LeBron, all that matters now is his fingers. He keeps showing 4 fingers, on both hands to boot. It's all about him, his chase to, yes, now I get it, MJ's 6. Now he wants 8. :D

Dan Feldman
Sat, November 28, 2020, 7:00 AM GMT+8

Chris Bosh says he ‘took offense’ to LeBron leaving Heat for Cavaliers, took months to get over​

"LeBron James has ushered in the player-empowerment era, usurping control from ownership and management.
But it’s not just LeBron vs. Dan Gilbert or LeBron vs. Riley.
When leaving the Heat for the Cavaliers in 2014, LeBron left teammates in the dark, teammates who wanted to stick together. There were hard feelings. Though Chris Bosh indicated his bitterness at the time, he really opened up about the situation recently – from how he found out to how he reacted."

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
After all these years, Bosh finally talks about 'LeBolt'. Christoph, this one's for you too. :)

So I certainly felt what KG felt about Ray Allen bolting, to a bitter rival team which they just did an ECF battle months before. Ray's was far worse to KG and other Celtics faithful. But to LeBron, all that matters now is his fingers. He keeps showing 4 fingers, on both hands to boot. It's all about him, his chase to, yes, now I get it, MJ's 6. Now he wants 8. :D

Dan Feldman
Sat, November 28, 2020, 7:00 AM GMT+8

Chris Bosh says he ‘took offense’ to LeBron leaving Heat for Cavaliers, took months to get over​

"LeBron James has ushered in the player-empowerment era, usurping control from ownership and management.
When leaving the Heat for the Cavaliers in 2014, LeBron left teammates in the dark, teammates who wanted to stick together. There were hard feelings. Though Chris Bosh indicated his bitterness at the time, he really opened up about the situation recently – from how he found out to how he reacted."

FWIW IMO LeBron has no where to go after the Lakers. He'll be done. I doubt very much if he will win 1 more let alone 2. I just admit that they seem stronger as a team this year going forward so I think they will contend their title but it remains to be seen if they can repeat (Didn't Pat Riley coin the term "three-peat" when he coached the Lakers......Even with LeBron they aren't going to three- peat as the parity and the talent in the league just gets better with every new season

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
.....Even with LeBron they aren't going to three- peat as the parity and the talent in the league just gets better with every new season
Are you going to agree that LBJ is playing in a more skilled and better league that MJ? I do. just watch youtube videos, NBA seem to be a step faster now.

Steve Williams

Are you going to agree that LBJ is playing in a more skilled and better league that MJ? I do. just watch youtube videos, NBA seem to be a step faster now.
I do agree that the game has changed

Reactions: Dimfer

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Tristan Thompson posted a pic of him flying to Boston now as training camp starts on Dec. 1.

Hollywood comes to Beantown. :D Can he measure up to BAM? :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I really had to look at this twice, check the date of posting (only 5 days ago), and check out his name and try to remember his face in his Cavs days. He's getting ready for the system of Brad, which is to have centers like Olynyk, Theis, and now Tristan Thompson in all likehihood, take the 3 ball more often than not. And I thought he was hired to get some rebounds and put backs. :D

Steve Williams

I love to read this.......

Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett to enter Basketball Hall of Fame in May
Delayed from last August by the coronavirus pandemic, Hall of Fame weekend will be held May 13-15.

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) — Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett will finally enter the Basketball Hall of Fame in May 2021.
The NBA said Saturday that the delayed Hall of Fame weekend — it was to have taken place in Springfield, Massachusetts in August, before being pushed back because of the coronavirus pandemic — will be held from May 13-15.
Bryant, Duncan and Garnett — with a combined 48 All-Star Game selections and 11 NBA championships between them — were the headliners of the class that was announced back in April. They all got into the Hall in their first year as finalists, as did WNBA great Tamika Catchings.
Others had to wait a bit longer for the Hall’s call: Two-time NBA champion coach Rudy Tomjanovich got in this year, as did longtime Baylor women’s coach Kim Mulkey, 1,000-game winner Barbara Stevens of Bentley and three-time Final Four coach Eddie Sutton.
Bryant died in a helicopter crash on Jan. 26, along with daughter Gianna and seven others. Sutton died May 23.
Also going in as part of this class is former FIBA Secretary General Patrick Baumann, who was chosen by the international committee. Baumann died in October 2018.

Reactions: MikeHorns

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
For the first time in 3 years, Danny Ainge did not lose a major star for nothing. :D

He got a sign and trade deal with MJ to net a trade exception of $28m which can be used to sign someone like Giannis whose expiring contract is worth just about that. :D I'm not a good GM , and I wonder if that is the simple math involved. OR the Bucks will get nothing if Giannis walks. I will tell Danny to ship Brown and some first round picks along the way. :D

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Chris Bosh says he ‘took offense’ to LeBron leaving Heat for Cavaliers, took months to get over

As far as Chris Bosh goes, all I can say is sour grapes. He was "clearly" the weakest link of the big-3(more like 2-1/2) in Heat's title run. If he had stepped up, the Heat coulda easily win all 4 years and perhaps more as LeBron would have stayed. LeBron and Wade know that, and so does Pat Riley. In the end, with an aging Wade, and an underperforming Bosh, LeBron bolted.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
As far as Chris Bosh goes, all I can say is sour grapes. He was "clearly" the weakest link of the big-3(more like 2-1/2) in Heat's title run. If he had stepped up, the Heat coulda easily win all 4 years and perhaps more as LeBron would have stayed. LeBron and Wade know that, and so does Pat Riley. In the end, with an aging Wade, and an underperforming Bosh, LeBron bolted.
All I recall about Bosh is that he grabbed that rebound when LeBron missed that 3, and hooked the ball to Ray Allen who made the 3 to tie a virtually lost game and Heat won it on OT, plus the game 7. ;)

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
For the first time in 3 years, Danny Ainge did not lose a major star for nothing. :D

He got a sign and trade deal with MJ to net a trade exception of $28m which can be used to sign someone like Giannis whose expiring contract is worth just about that. :D I'm not a good GM , and I wonder if that is the simple math involved. OR the Bucks will get nothing if Giannis walks. I will tell Danny to ship Brown and some first round picks along the way. :D
There's a lot of potential suitors waiting on the wing for Giannis. Danny's gotta take risks like the Lakers did with AD. You gotta grab the bull by the horn and trade everyone(except Tatem) and all your assets(draft picks) as soon as you find out Giannis isn't staying. You can't wait til the season end and ponder why you didn't land Giannis.

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
There's a lot of potential suitors waiting on the wing for Giannis. Danny's gotta take risks like the Lakers did with AD. You gotta grab the bull by the horn and trade everyone(except Tatem) and all your assets(draft picks) as soon as you find out Giannis isn't staying. You can't wait til the season end and ponder why you didn't land Giannis.
Agree.

Or the Celtics fans will scream to have him fired again. :D

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I'm not sold on a step faster or better. The defense was so much more physical and 'handsy' in Jordan's era; Knicks/Bulls, Pistons/Bulls was pretty much 'tackle basketball'. The game has def changed, but I'm not sure the talent level is higher or more difficult to dominate in.

That all said, I think LeBron has more basketball talent than MJ -- though Jordan improved over the years, he never had the court vision LBJ entered the league with. Jordan had more drive and was more of a winner though, able to raise the whole team.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I'm also more impressed (and thankful as a homey) w/a guy who won it all in one place. From moment one MJ put the whole franchise on his back, pushed it to the top and kept it there. Didn't join another star to get a championship, etc.,

On another topic: who thinks their team got better (or worse) in the off-season? Thoughts?

Reactions: christoph and jadis

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
I'm also more impressed (and thankful as a homey) w/a guy who won it all in one place. From moment one MJ put the whole franchise on his back, pushed it to the top and kept it there. Didn't join another star to get a championship, etc.,
As we all know, it's a different league since the big-3 was formed in Miami.

The players union forces the league to allow opt-outs, non-trades options, extra incentives, or better yet - I'll quit, trade me(AD and PG13), after the player signs a long-term contract. Also, this new era of player agents has so much power and control over the league, they are planting seeds with their clients for the best landing spots for now and the foreseeable, which allows players to contact their buddies to form team union.

But as they said, it is what it is. We, the spectators, just pay and watch it evolves.

Steve Williams

The players union forces the league to allow opt-outs, non-trades options, extra incentives, or better yet - I'll quit, trade me(AD and PG13), after the player signs a long-term contract. Also, this new era of player agents has so much power and control over the league, they are planting seeds with their clients for the best landing spots for now and the foreseeable, which allows players to contact their buddies to form team union.

But as they said, it is what it is. We, the spectators, just pay and watch it evolves.
Indeed everything you say is spot on. My take of it is watching these dynamic duos and trios forming. It just seems to make for better competition and an all round better experience for the fans

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

Yep, all right on. My problem as spectator (not that it wrecks it for me by any means), is that I just don't feel much emotional engagement with these manufactured superteams. They haven't grown together, developed an identity, etc.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm not sold on a step faster or better. The defense was so much more physical and 'handsy' in Jordan's era; Knicks/Bulls, Pistons/Bulls was pretty much 'tackle basketball'. The game has def changed, but I'm not sure the talent level is higher or more difficult to dominate in.

That all said, I think LeBron has more basketball talent than MJ -- though Jordan improved over the years, he never had the court vision LBJ entered the league with. Jordan had more drive and was more of a winner though, able to raise the whole team.
Totally agree on the 'defense' of the 90s, and well, maybe a bit of the mid 80s when the 'no layup' rule of the coaches was prevalent. Those who lived through the Bad Boys era of the Pistons will know how loose the games are called now. Superstars crying for fouls almost the whole year. :D I think there was a time when if players talk to the refs they get slapped with a T. I'd like that to happen again. :D And the worst 'change' of them all, LATE CALLS. I've seen slow mo's of plays before, but now it has changed into whistles. And yes, I am not sure if the talent level is higher either. What I am sure of is players are tasked to practice shooting 3 balls even if the never did in the past. Imagine Robert Parish shooting 3's ? :D

As for the unending MJ/LB debate, I just chanced upon a video, commemorating the day in 1986 when MJ scored 63 points in the first round of the Bulls series with Boston, in the Boston Garden. The guy was shooting over ANYBODY, like there was no one in front of him and it didn't matter if it was Parish, McHale of Bird in front of him. He didn't have the bulk of LB, in his second year, but his mindset was that he was going to shoot and score as he wished. No hesitation, no kickout pass, and he was playing against a team that eventually won the title that year, with a comebacking Bill Walton. And that was exactly what he was, more drive, and raising and carrying his team.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

On another topic: who thinks their team got better (or worse) in the off-season? Thoughts?
I believe in that too. I think they call it 'loyalty'. :D The star player makes the team win. Not the star studded team makes another star win. If a star is going to bunny hop/shop for a title with another team, I guess once is enough. :D

Can't say that my team the C's got better. Until Ainge use that $28.7m Trade Exception to get an impact player, that will be the day. But, as Ainge usually does, nothing. :D

Reactions: rblnr

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Silver might as well remove the anti tampering rule because it is becoming a joke. A laughable wink of Magic Johnson, and 1 sentence from Doc Rivers and they get slapped with a fine. But another player can have dinner with his opponent after their game, and that was not a pre-season game. :D And an agent walking up to Silver to say Luke Walton is not the right coach for the Lakers. What's the connection? Well, later on we did see the connection. The evolution will get worse.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing