New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Interesting article. Something went awry with the Clippers in the playoffs. Hope Lue can figure it out and get everyone on the same page.
It was called Doc Rivers, plain and simple. You guys know that for the past 2-3 seasons my comments every day were the Clippers need to find a new coach. I'll be interested to see how Doc does in Philadelphia because frankly I feel he ain't the coach he was in years gone by. He needs to give up coaching and find a job upstairs in management......but IIRC Ballmer didn't feel that role for him and hired Franks who did a good job. Expectations are going to be high in Philadelphia and I don't believe he can deliver

Steve Williams

I am pleased to read this. I guess Lakers gave up on Giannis

Report: Anthony Davis to sign five-year deal with Lakers

Anthony Davis is returning to the defending champs after reportedly agreeing to a $190 million max contract.

Los Angeles Lakers star Anthony Davis is finalizing a five-year, $190 million max contract to stay with the defending champs, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
The deal includes an early termination option prior to the 2024-25 season.
Davis is set to remain one of the franchise’s cornerstones alongside LeBron James, who reportedlyagreed to a two-year extension with L.A. on Wednesday.
The two superstars led the Lakers to their 17th championship in October and enter the 2020-21 season with a roster constructed for a repeat. Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka made several impressive moves during the abbreviated offseason, bringing in Dennis Schroder, Montrezl Harrell, Marc Gasol and Wesley Matthews.
Davis, 27, is coming off an incredible debut season in Los Angeles. He was named an All-NBA First Team member with averages of 26.1 points, 9.3 rebounds, 3.2 assists, 2.3 blocks and 1.5 steals per game.
The Lakers will begin the new campaign against the LA Clippers on Dec. 22.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Interesting article. Something went awry with the Clippers in the playoffs. Hope Lue can figure it out and get everyone on the same page.
And I hope the KW Terminator gets a reboot. :)

Steve Williams

How the LeBron James and Anthony Davis deals shape the Los Angeles Lakers' future

Phil....at the 52 second mark of the video I thought you'd like LeBron walking into the arena in his space age clothes

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

How the LeBron James and Anthony Davis deals shape the Los Angeles Lakers' future

Phil....at the 52 second mark of the video I thought you'd like LeBron walking into the arena in his space age clothes
Steve, video is not available in my country. But it's fine, I don't think I'd like it anyway.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
It was called Doc Rivers, plain and simple. You guys know that for the past 2-3 seasons my comments every day were the Clippers need to find a new coach. I'll be interested to see how Doc does in Philadelphia because frankly I feel he ain't the coach he was in years gone by. He needs to give up coaching and find a job upstairs in management......but IIRC Ballmer didn't feel that role for him and hired Franks who did a good job. Expectations are going to be high in Philadelphia and I don't believe he can deliver
Don't worry, Morey is in charge, and he is trigger happy when things don't work out quickly.

I still remember when Doc first got hired by Sterling. He arrogantly said they are going to win immediately and ask the championship banners hanging in the Staple Center to be taken down. :mad:

Reactions: Steve Williams

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Reactions: MikeHorns and jadis

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
My own armchair analysis. Kawhi and George are almost a repetition in their styles of play. I felt this from the start. That is why I can see Doc putting George as a spot up shooter or else Kawhi would be the one. Ibaka is a good fit now, IMO, but still they need starters with who can shoot 3s, and I don't think Beverly and Reggie Jackson are the guys do to it. Lou, has the chicken wing problem. :D
What the Clippers REALLY need are starters who are willing to start in all the games :rolleyes:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I guess being coached by a stern looking and poker faced Pop didn't help Kawhi to be more sociable. Pop must have more rings than this smiles on camera :D

• Haha
Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You can say about Westbrook what you want, he is fun to watch.
Very explosive gameplay :p
Actually, I have nothing against Westbrook, or CP3, or even Harden. When they play, they give it all. And no load management, and no 'scheming'. :D

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing