New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Looks like no-mo smo-ball in Rocketland. Rockets first sign Christian Wood on a three-year, $41 million contract, and now DeMarcus Cousins on a veteran's minimum.

I think smo-ball could work during the regular season. You can definitely surprise teams that just don't face the dynamic dual of Westbrook and Harden leading the way running and gunning 3s all game long. But when you face the same team up to 7 times in the playoffs with basically the same scheme, not so much.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Looks like no-mo smo-ball in Rocketland. Rockets first sign Christian Wood on a three-year, $41 million contract, and now DeMarcus Cousins on a veteran's minimum.

I think smo-ball could work during the regular season. You can definitely surprise teams that just don't face the dynamic dual of Westbrook and Harden leading the way running and gunning 3s all game long. But when you face the same team up to 7 times in the playoffs with basically the same scheme, not so much.
My son was just asking the other day why the Celtics didn't pick up Cousins for cheap. Then I remembered you mentioning Ainge doesn't take risks, and this is such an example.

Going down further, I feel Brad's system is now becoming to be like Doc's, heavily reliant on only the players he trusts and not giving the many rookies and sophomores their time of day to develop. Of the hoard of picks that Danny garnered through the years, only Tatum and Brown elevated their games. Well, Smart did improve his outside shooting but he too is not that reliable to make the game winning shot.

Reactions: christoph

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
I actually hold Brad Stevens in very high esteem but he can't win with just young talents, choir boys, and multiple 1st round draft picks. He needs some mean street enforcer who can ball like Draymond or Harrel to put them over the top.

I suspect Stevens will leave at some point. He is too good of a coach to not coach a championship team. BTW, he did develop Terry Rozier but Ainge decided to go with Kemba.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
My son was just asking the other day why the Celtics didn't pick up Cousins for cheap. Then I remembered you mentioning Ainge doesn't take risks, and this is such an example.

Going down further, I feel Brad's system is now becoming to be like Doc's, heavily reliant on only the players he trusts and not giving the many rookies and sophomores their time of day to develop. Of the hoard of picks that Danny garnered through the years, only Tatum and Brown elevated their games. Well, Smart did improve his outside shooting but he too is not that reliable to make the game winning shot.
Sounds as if you’re thinking time for a change

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sounds as if you’re thinking time for a change
Steve, you'd be suprised to see half of the Celtics fans in social media asking for Danny and Brad to be fired. Reason is, by this time, all those draft picks hoarded by Danny has to be translated into a banner, like Golden State which got titles with their core as draft picks. I actually would put more blame on Danny than Brad for not getting those free agents last year. Although the debacles of Kyrie and Hayward should not be charged to him, imo.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
maybe he’s thinking of rooting for the Lakers now :cool:
I did it once and it will never happen again. 1982. Bitter 7 game eastern finals Celtics lost to dr. J and the Boston strangler Andrew Toney. After that, I rooted for the Lakers to beat the Sixers in the finals and my favorite player then was Jamaal Wilkes with those slingshots. I hated when Sixers so much I ordered a Lakers championship T shirt from my cousin in the Bay Area.

But, there will be one rare fantasy series when I will root for the Lakers again. When lebron is in another team facing the Lakers, and make that other team the Celtics, I will root for the Lakers. I kid you not. :D

Last edited:
  • Haha

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
DeMarcus Cousins on a veteran's minimum.
Unbelievable o_O
From Superstar and top earner to veteran's minimum in just two years :oops:
How much bad luck he had with injuries :(

I really hope Clay and KD will have more luck!!!
With Clay it doesn't look good at the moment, though :eek:

Reactions: MikeHorns and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Unbelievable o_O

Have to feel for the would be greats if not for the injuries they suffered. Sam Bowie, Greg Oden ,
Bill Walton, Brandon Roy, and many more. Really sad to see.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
  • Wow

Steve Williams

I won't be suprised if Gianni gets into a dinner date with Davis the the shadow GM next week. And then Gianni fires his agent and joins. . . Who else? :D

I can’t see that happening as that would blow the roof off the salary cap. But 2 brothers on the same team. I can’t see giannis working for LeGm but anything is possible when it comes to rings. Very charitable of AD I have to admit.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

Unbelievable o_O

I feel for DeMarcus. Klay is in the same boat

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
  • Haha

Steve Williams

Since it is a Celtics blog, . . .but of course.
A long, long shot of course. But I didn't know he's good friends with Tatum. Take him out, Jayson, I mean to dinner. :D

Interesting as the Lakers blog said yesterday that AD is waiting to sign in the hope Giannis will consider the Lakers. Can you feel the love :)

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

I always liked Brandon Ingram when he played for the Lakers and was disappointed to see him traded to the Pelicans. Having said that it was gratifying to see that he signed a max contract with the Pelicans

Kudos Brandon

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Next year OKC will be eligible to compete in the FIBA Under 19 World championships LOL

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Trailblazers will upset the Lakers, 'cus Lakers can't defend 3s and stop Damian Lillard. ;)

I thought they said that last season in round 1.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing