New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And I just read that KD is sort of reviving his days with Steph Curry when the defense will collapse on Curry while he drives and KD gets a very open shot on the kickout. Harden is his Curry. But Irving, he can't be his Klay. :D For one thing, he hasn't reported back to duty and he has no injury.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I'm with Stephen A on this one......all players are under contract and that contract spells out a Code of Conduct expected of all the players. Kyrie has taken it upon himself once again to put himself above the team and frankly I don't care how good he is. Right now his conduct is detrimental to the team and he should be fined , suspended and if he doesn't come around he should be traded. His attitude frankly sucks the air out of a team. To see him doing a little Indian dance at court side while he tosses burning sage is absolutely the craziest thing I have ever seen in the NBA . Steve Nash is trying to sugar coat the situation with his replies but the bottom line is the Harden acquisition goes a long way to winning a championship with just him and KD however if the flat farther ever gets his act together the Nets willl have a truly formidable team

I wonder how Harden is going to get along with assistant coach D'Antoni

Reactions: MikeHorns and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm with Stephen A on this one......all players are under contract and that contract spells out a Code of Conduct expected of all the players. Kyrie has taken it upon himself once again to put himself above the team and frankly I don't care how good he is. Right now his conduct is detrimental to the team and he should be fined , suspended and if he doesn't come around he should be traded. His attitude frankly sucks the air out of a team. To see him doing a little Indian dance at court side while he tosses burning sage is absolutely the craziest thing I have ever seen in the NBA . Steve Nash is trying to sugar coat the situation with his replies but the bottom line is the Harden acquisition goes a long way to winning a championship with just him and KD however if the flat farther ever gets his act together the Nets willl have a truly formidable team

I wonder if someone needs snap out the brain of Kyrie or he can do it himself. Clearly adding him to the list of head cases is a no brainer. And didn't he say that he will be one of the coaches by by committee or collaboration? He's missing 2 jobs. Agree, Steve, he should be fined and disciplined by the league.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Icing on the cake......

No practice, no problem: Harden posts triple-double in Nets debut​

James Harden made a strong first impression in his debut with the Brooklyn Nets.

In fact, he made history, becoming the first player to post a 30-point triple-double in a team debut.

Harden finished with 32 points, 14 assists and 11 rebounds in Brookyln’s 122-115 victory over the Orlando Magic. The 14 assists were a franchise record for a player making his Nets debut.

Amazingly, Harden didn’t score until making a pair of free throws with 6.8 seconds left in the first quarter and didn’t make his first basket until a layup with 10:07 remaining in the half. But his playmaking was on track from the start, pushing up the floor to find teammates rather than often dribbling down the shot clock in Houston.

Harden is the seventh player in NBA history to record a triple-double in his first game with a team.

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Icing on the cake......

No practice, no problem: Harden posts triple-double in Nets debut​

James Harden made a strong first impression in his debut with the Brooklyn Nets.

In fact, he made history, becoming the first player to post a 30-point triple-double in a team debut.

Harden finished with 32 points, 14 assists and 11 rebounds in Brookyln’s 122-115 victory over the Orlando Magic. The 14 assists were a franchise record for a player making his Nets debut.

Amazingly, Harden didn’t score until making a pair of free throws with 6.8 seconds left in the first quarter and didn’t make his first basket until a layup with 10:07 remaining in the half. But his playmaking was on track from the start, pushing up the floor to find teammates rather than often dribbling down the shot clock in Houston.

Harden is the seventh player in NBA history to record a triple-double in his first game with a team.
Harden may be a super diva but he does love to play and he plays hard. Nets paid a hefty price tag for him and that's a great debut on Harden's part to prove his worth.

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
I wonder if someone needs snap out the brain of Kyrie or he can do it himself. Clearly adding him to the list of head cases is a no brainer. And didn't he say that he will be one of the coaches by by committee or collaboration? He's missing 2 jobs. Agree, Steve, he should be fined and disciplined by the league.
According to ESPN, they did duct his pay nearly a million from his recent AWAL or violating COVID protocol or whatever NBA/Nets wants to call it. Everyone is keeping it somewhat hush-hush in case Mt. Irving erupts again. :D

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Harden may be a super diva but he does love to play and he plays hard. Nets paid a hefty price tag for him and that's a great debut on Harden's part to prove his worth.
If there is ever a chance for him to retire with a ring this is his last and best chance at it

Reactions: MikeHorns

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson

I forgot abour D'Antoni being with Brooklyn as an assistant.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lavert found to have mass on one of his kidneys during physical. The trade just might have saved his life.

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Lavert found to have mass on one of his kidneys during physical. The trade just might have saved his life.
Pacers went forward with the trade knowing his condition. I guess they really want to move Oladipo(last year of his contract) and get something in return. I read Lavert might still be back this season to play for the Pacers.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And Harden can strive to be the assist king this season, just keep passing to KD and umm, Kyrie if he shows up. He has been much criticized in the past despite being in the top scoring circles in the league, I don't think he'll get any flak for being the top assist man. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Woke up to a blowout score with the Celtics losing to the Knicks. Kemba returned, but got a shot in the ribs and never came back. :eek:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: WLVCA and MikeHorns

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
And Harden can strive to be the assist king this season, just keep passing to KD and umm, Kyrie if he shows up. He has been much criticized in the past despite being in the top scoring circles in the league, I don't think he'll get any flak for being the top assist man. :D
Harden has played with ball-control point guards before(CP3 and Westbrook) I think he(and D'antoni) can make it work.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
If I read that right, the exchange was for 4 first round picks, 4 pick swaps, and 3 players, making the deal at 11 players which I believe is a record for giving up just 1 man. That is some price tag.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Serge Ibaka out for the Clippers tonight due to illnes (non-Covic) so Sebonis of the Pacers (15/12/6) is feasting on Zubac so far. Doug McDermott has 23 already for the Pacers, too.

Clippers up by 16 with 4 minutes left in the 3rd though. Marcus Morris leading Clips with 20 points and Kawhi is heating up.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers up by 25 at the end of 3rd.

Pacers are short-handed tonight with 4 players unavailable to play.

Steve Williams

Clippers up by 25 at the end of 3rd.

Pacers are short-handed tonight with 4 players unavailable to play.
So far the west has been relatively covid free as compared to the east but the Pacers 4 short makes me wonder about the potential of some yet to be positive Pacers infect some of the Clippers and you know how that goes. We all agreed that the key to the trophy is not only being the best but so also the healthiest re covid. I think making the Pacers play when they re 4 short is somewhat unfair to the Pacers

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
So far the west has been relatively covid free as compared to the east but the Pacers 4 short makes me wonder about the potential of some yet to be positive Pacers infect some of the Clippers and you know how that goes. We all agreed that the key to the trophy is not only being the best but so also the healthiest re covid. I think making the Pacers play when they re 4 short is somewhat unfair to the Pacers
No Covid related players out for the Pacers tonight to my knowledge. All injuries of various sorts and LaVerts kidney issue.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing