New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Clipps now playing with pace. Well i'll be darned.

I've always liked Tatum and II'm really happy o be able to watch his coming out season. Too bad about Brown. I'm an underdog lover butt II think if there is a team that can stop the Nets it would be the Bucks and for the first time ever, I'm rooting for them. Kyrie smooshed the leprechaun. That pissed me off and I'm not even a Celtics fan.

This is such a weird season.

Reactions: steve williams
What a difference a day makes.

Clippers and Ty Lue were incompetent and ineffective prior to one game. Now they are geniuses and unstoppable after that game.

Beware the playoff series hype - changes from game to game.

What a difference a day makes.

Clippers and Ty Lue were incompetent and ineffective prior to one game. Now they are geniuses and unstoppable after that game.

Beware the playoff series hype - changes from game to game.
I don’t disagree but they are finally playing the way we all expected. Lue just might redeem himself but we shall see

The nail in the coffin and the eulogy has been delivered​

Report: Anthony Davis unlikely to play in Game 5 vs. Suns​

Los Angeles Lakers star big man Anthony Davis will reportedly miss Game 5 of the team’s first-round series with the Phoenix Suns. The Athletic’s Shams Charania reports that Davis, who is suffering from a left groin strain, will be unlikely to play in Tuesday’s Game 5

Due to a knee sprain, Anthony Davis was questionable entering Sunday’s Game 4 vs. the Suns. Due to a groin strain, he exited it.

Davis was questionable entering Game 4 on Sunday because of a knee injury suffered in Game 3. But Davis started and played 19 minutes, 24 seconds in the first half. He was clearly hurt after colliding with Jae Crowder on a drive to the basket.

Davis did not reappear with the team after halftime, and Kyle Kuzma started in his place. The team revealed the new groin injury shortly after. The Suns, who opened a double-digit lead in the third, would tie the series with a 100-92 victory to tie the series 2-2.

“I thought he was laboring a little bit” even before the groin injury, Lakers coach Frank Vogel said of Davis, who missed 30 games in the regular season. “He was saying that his knee was sore, but there was no way that he was not going to play. I thought he gave a heck of a run at it, trying to compete through pain.”

LeBron James had 25 points and 12 rebounds for the Lakers, who fell too far behind in the third quarter while Davis was being evaluated in the locker room. Before its last-minute surge, Los Angeles struggled in the absence of starters Davis and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, who injured his knee in Game 3.

Davis left Staples Center before the game ended for medical treatment. James will be carrying even more responsibility if Davis misses any games, but he’s ready.

“For me, it’s putting our team in position to be successful,” James said. “These shoulders were built for a reason, and if it takes a little more to put on top of it, I’m ready for the challenge.”

Phoenix made a 32-15 run starting shortly before halftime and encompassing the whole third, during which it held the Lakers to 15 points on 3-for-16 shooting with Davis absent.

Wesley Matthews started in place of Caldwell-Pope, whose absence boosted the Lakers’ 3-point game early: After hitting just nine combined 3-pointers in the first halves of the first three games, Los Angeles hit nine in the first half of Game 4 alone with two apiece from Matthews and Ben McLemore, who got playing time mostly because of Caldwell-Pope’s absence.

The Lakers hit just four more 3-pointers in the second half, however. Matthews and McLemore didn’t score again after their early burst.

Kyrie smooshed the leprechaun. That pissed me off and I'm not even a Celtics fan.

This is such a weird season.
Well, Jack, if Kyrie one day gets pissed of at his Nets teammates and bolt, he would be stomping and smooshing on their logo too. The guy has got people talking inside his brain. Really sad to see a talented hoopster behave that way.

Lakers cannot get to the rim and they have no outside shooters

At the half

Suns have this one in the refrigerator

66- 36

Lowest score in a period this year ...all of 10 points

Sorry chaps....it's time to fold 'em

Poor coaching on Vogel's shoulders as he had no viable answer without AD

Lakers are going to blow it up at season's end...that's now a given

Does anyone here not believe that no matter who emerges from the West that the championship will go to an eastern conference team
Hard not to believe that, Steve. Though I won't be rooting for the Nets now that Kyrie has shown he is a true enemy of the Celtics for reasons I cannot fathom (failing as a 'leader' during his stint with the C's). I do think the Bucks and the Sixers do have a change to beat them even though the Nets have more stars. And the key to beaten them is to outshoot them, meaning no turnovers for quick points yet scoring at every possession. I've always believed in the experience of the Lakers and the Clippers in the West. The rest of the teams somehow I see as regular season teams rather than playoff and championship teams. Just like those Lilliard super performance of 55 points then this team losing. I've seen those happening to them.

My call many weeks ago was a Denver-Sixers final but Jamal Murray's injury could have put a hex on that

Personally I think the Suns now are the best team in the West and will meet the Nuggs in the semifinals and Utah will meet the winner of Clipps/Mavs in the conference semiffinals

The Suns are plating as a poised and ready team. They are well coached and very young and very hungry

It'll be interesting to see what's in store for the Lakers as they have no choice but to blow up the team

LeBron next year will be pushing 38 and his star is waning. Lakers need a complete reboot. Unfortunately I seee it coming down to Jeanniie calling LeBron for his approval before any trade is made

Phil, IMO Ainge also needs to blow up the Celtics (that is if he and Brad are there next year)
And here it is. Suprise but not really suprising.

And here it is. Suprise but not really suprising.

very interesting news indeed.

I guess I'm wondering if Brad can pull rabbits out of his hats Ainge has been doing

Reactions: jadis
and some more good news FWIW

Zero players tested positive in latest COVID-19 results​

The NBA and NBPA have announced results for players tested since May 26.​

Official release

June 2, 2021 11:42 AM
NEW YORK – Of the 278 players tested for COVID-19 since May 26, zero new players have returned a confirmed positive test.
Anyone who has returned a confirmed positive test, or has been identified as having been in close contact to an infected person, is isolated or quarantined until they are cleared under the rules established by the NBA and the Players Association in accordance with CDC guidance.

Reactions: jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing