New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Lots of money being throwing around and quite a few teams are going above the salary cap of 109-mils to a hard cap of 139-mils(after that it's luxury tax). This leads me to believe even without fans in the stands and a shorten season, NBA teams are probably getting extra incentives from their TV/cable deals and sponsors, to be able to spend this kind of money on players.
  1. Davis Bertans, Wizards agree to five-year, $80MM contract.
  2. Joe Harris, Nets agree to four-year, $75MM contract.
  3. Marcus Morris, Clippers agree to four-year, $64MM contract.
  4. Danilo Gallinari, Hawks agree to three-year, $61.5MM contract.
  5. Jerami Grant, Pistons agree to three-year, $60MM contract.
  6. Malik Beasley, Timberwolves agree to four-year, $60MM contract.
  7. Jordan Clarkson, Jazz agree to four-year, $52MM contract.
  8. Christian Wood, Rockets agree to three-year, $41MM contract (sign-and-trade).
  9. Goran Dragic, Heat agree to two-year, $37.4MM contract.
  10. Derrick Favors, Jazz agree to three-year, $27MM contract.
  11. Jakob Poeltl, Spurs agree to three-year, $27MM contract.
  12. Mason Plumlee, Pistons agree to three-year, $25MM contract.
  13. Rodney Hood, Trail Blazers agree to two-year, $21MM contract.
  14. Meyers Leonard, Heat agree to two-year, $20MM contract.
  15. Montrezl Harrell, Lakers agree to two-year, $19MM contract.
  16. Derrick Jones, Trail Blazers agree to two-year, $19MM contract.
  17. Justin Holiday, Pacers agree to three-year, $18MM contract.
  18. JaMychal Green, Nuggets agree to two-year, $15MM contract.
  19. Trey Burke, Mavericks agree to three-year, $10MM contract.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Say it ain't so, MJ. Gordon Hayward $120-mils four years to Charlotte, really? This means the Celtics got nothin' in return as the Hornets had cap space.

Hayward & LaMelo in the sky with diamonds...

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I like Avery Bradley and he was missed in the bubble however the guy sits out the playoffs(I'm good with that), gets his ring ( I guess I'm good with that) and then signs with the Heat (that pisses me off)

Report: Avery Bradley to sign 2-year deal with Heat
The valuable backup with the Lakers sat out the season restart in Orlando.

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

And I guess Hayward's decision was rewarding.........

Report: Hayward to sign 4-year deal with Hornets

Former All-Star Gordon Hayward is joining the Hornets for $120 million over four years, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported Saturday.

Hornets might just have a decent team this year

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
I like Avery Bradley and he was missed in the bubble however the guy sits out the playoffs(I'm good with that), gets his ring ( I guess I'm good with that) and then signs with the Heat (that pisses me off)

Report: Avery Bradley to sign 2-year deal with Heat
The valuable backup with the Lakers sat out the season restart in Orlando.
Rajon Rondo has agreed to a two-year, $15M contract with the Atlanta Hawks.

I don't blame the players for looking after themselves and their families during the pandemic, especially those who just received their rings.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Rajon Rondo has agreed to a two-year, $15M contract with the Atlanta Hawks.

I don't blame the players for looking after themselves and their families during the pandemic, especially those who just received their rings.
Maybe this season will be called Not the Last Dance - Jordan wins a title again. :D
And it's about time that finally beat the playing GM or LeGM. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Definitely they should. Family always comes first. I admire those players who skipped the bubble games (salaries gone) to be with family who needed extra help. Hats off to them in this league where $$$$ have a high place. I can't forget the news that James Posey was signing Celtics' championship DVDs and before the clock ticked again he was signing for more money with New Orleans. :D Team GMs have their say in trades, and the players do their thing when they are Free Agents. Fair ball.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The loss of Rondo is huge for the Lakers.
Yes, Steve. Once he got his mind into playing WITH his coach, he is fine. That didn't happen in Dallas, another 'should have' scenario.

And I think Lakers knew it , and responded by getting Schroeder.

So Hornets will have 2 ex-Celtics now trying to bring their team up into contention in the East. It worked well for the Lakers, this kind of configuration. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeHorns

Steve Williams

Definitely they should. Family always comes first. I admire those players who skipped the bubble games (salaries gone) to be with family who needed extra help. Hats off to them in this league where $$$$ have a high place. I can't forget the news that James Posey was signing Celtics' championship DVDs and before the clock ticked again he was signing for more money with New Orleans. :D Team GMs have their say in trades, and the players do their thing when they are Free Agents. Fair ball.
I agree completely. My point is I considered Bradley a valuable piece of the Lakers chemistry. I guess Rondo and Bradley have their rings, they as in the twilight of their careers so I’m sure they are chasing the money OR arent represented by Rich Paul

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Celticblog reports that Ainge finally woke up (dunno if it's the son of the father) and signed Tristan Thompson (hmmm, stable of Rich Paul, probable spy :D ) and Jeff Teague. So so pick ups.

I heard that Ibaka agreed to sign with the Clippers.

Steve Williams

The sobering reality that there is still a pandemic

Raptors to begin 2020-21 season in Tampa

Team president Masai Ujiri says Toronto will play at least the start of 2020-21 outside of Canada.

The Toronto Raptors will start the NBA season next month in Tampa, Florida, because of travel restrictions the Canadian government has put in place stemming from the pandemic.

The Raptors had been looking at other sites for several weeks, including Sunrise, Florida, the home of the NHL’s Florida Panthers. But with NBA training camp less than two weeks away and a season starting on Dec. 22, the Raptors were pressed to make a final decision.

nstead, they will play home games at Amalie Arena, home of the Stanley Cup champion Tampa Bay Lightning.
“Ultimately, the current public health situation facing Canadians, combined with the urgent need to determine where we will play means that we will begin our 2020-21 season in Tampa, Florida,” Raptors President Masai Ujiri said in a statement Friday.
An official familiar with the Canadian government’s decision told The Associated Press there is too much COVID-19 circulating in the United States to allow for cross-border travel that is not essential.

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity and not authorized to talk publicly about the matter, said there’s a chance that the decision could be reviewed next year.

The Raptors, the NBA’s lone Canadian team, and the league needed an exemption to a requirement that anyone entering Canada for nonessential reasons must isolate for 14 days. The U.S.-Canada border remains closed to nonessential travel.
Dr. Andrew Morris, a professor of infectious diseases at the University of Toronto and the medical director of the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program at Sinai-University Health Network, said the Canadian government made the right decision.
“With the current situation it is almost impossible for the government to reasonably sanction travel back and forth travel outside a bubble,” Morris said.

So, for the Raptors, it’s now time for Florida to be home away from home again.
Toronto was the first NBA team to arrive in Florida last summer to begin preparations for the restarted season inside a bubble at Walt Disney World near Orlando. The Raptors began with a training camp at Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers, then went to Disney a couple weeks later — doing so because the virus and travel rules would have kept them from getting their team together in Canada.

And now, they’re on their way back to the Sunshine State. The league will release the first half of the schedule around Dec. 1; the second half of the schedule is likely to come in January or February, and there is a possibility that the team — for now, anyway — could return to Toronto at that point.

“So we’ll be away from our home and our fans for now,” Ujiri wrote in his statement. “They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. I’m not sure that’s possible for us — we love Toronto and Canada, and we know we have the best fans in the NBA. For now, I’ll ask you to cheer for us from afar, and we’ll look forward to the day we are all together again.”
The Raptors will remain in the NBA’s Atlantic Division. Assuming the Raptors play all 36 of their home games this season in Tampa, seven teams — Atlanta, Miami, Washington, Orlando, Charlotte, Brooklyn and Philadelphia will be scheduled to visit there twice. The league’s other 15 teams will all go there once.

The plan for the Raptors to come to Sunrise, about 30 miles north of Miami, was fairly far along as well. The team had worked out several arrangements with the NHL’s Panthers, including even sharing the club’s practice facility. Other U.S. cities known to have had interest in serving as the Raptors’ temporary home were: Nashville, Tennessee; Newark, New Jersey; and Kansas City, Missouri.
The Canadian government denied the Blue Jays’ request to play in Toronto this year because health officials didn’t think it was safe for players to travel back and forth from the U.S., one of the countries hit hardest by the coronavirus pandemic. The number of cases in both countries, but particularly in the U.S. has surged since.
The Blue Jays failed to persuade the federal government to grant exemptions and played home games in Buffalo, New York, this year.
The Canadian government required a comprehensive public health plan and written support from local health officials. The plan was reviewed by the Public Health Agency of Canada.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers sign Serge Ibaka. Better than Harrell - I think Montrezl wore out his welcome with the Clippers.

Wondered when the Clips were going to make a move.

Still need help at point guard.

Edit - have to admit I wasn't a fan of Ibaka when he was at OKC but he's like Pat Beverly and Matt Barnes - you only like him when he's on your team, not the opposition.

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Celticblog reports that Ainge finally woke up (dunno if it's the son of the father) and signed Tristan Thompson (hmmm, stable of Rich Paul, probable spy :D ) and Jeff Teague. So so pick ups.

I heard that Ibaka agreed to sign with the Clippers.
Ainge has always been conservative and calculating when it comes to free agents, which is fine when you are building a playoff team, but not a championship team. Sometimes you need to take risks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing