New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I recently said that I felt Harden and Westbrook were going to retire without a ring.

Well all you do is demand a trade and then tell management the only team you'll agree to be traded to.........

Phil how does that blockbuster sit with you in the like of what you've been saying about LeBron
Steve, I have seen blockbuster trades and in fact 2 had happened with the C's in it. KG from Wolves to C's, and KG again from C's to Nets. Then there was the AD to Lakers and now Harden to Nets. Only the AD trade did not sit well with me. It's one thing to demand a trade because you have a beef with your coach (Magic and Westhead) but it's another thing, or new thing to me, to demand for a trade AFTER a player (in the midst of a regular season ) had dinner with a superstar recruiter (AD and James) and the change agents (into the arms of well-known LeBron BFF) with the goal of landing into the same team and playing together. The KG and Harden trades did not have that 'ingredient'. This kind of action to me blows by the roles of GMs. GMs are paid to do their jobs - trading, salary cap, etc. and GMs have a great disadvantage over active player/recruiters like James because they do not and cannot talk to opponents' players inside the season, nor inside the court, which those jersey-covering-the-mouth 'talks' happen after games. Plain and simple, I do not see this as fair game. Which is why the league has anti-tampering rules (fines to Magic, Doc, Draymond in talk shows) but if somebody will tell me that 2 opposing players meeting in a restaurant after their game (regular season ) is not tampering, then I do not know what is anymore, when they will put out fines for winking in a talk show.

I don't have much of a problem with free agents bolting out, it's their right. LeBron did it 3 times, Kyrie, KD, and Hayward did just that. Trades, blockbuster or otherwise, to me, should be done by GMs to GMs, not by players and super agents. Hence I have to agree with Mike's moniker of LBL (LeBron's Lakers). :)

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
All the Nets need now to complete the trifecta, is to trade for Westbrook. :D
Now we will have one big 'happy' reunion + Mr. Awal, flat earther, pyrotechnical, sideshow Kyrie Irving.
It's a good time to kick out mysterious KI for Westbrook, a good alibi. KI can't fit with any team, apparently. :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Pacers just got better :) On to the roster re-familiarization exercises LOL

Seriously, they are doing well now. Can't wait to see TJ back and playing with Brogdon and LaVert who they actually drafted.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And for the record, I never denied those stats lines of Lebron were good. Stats are stats. He can have that, nobody can take them away from him. But I just wonder, why is he 'demanding his damn respect', as late as last year? Apparently he knows that he lacked respect inspite of his 'stats. :) Did Tim Duncan (among other real greats) ever demanded to be respected? There were dark years in his SA tenure and he just kept working and working till he got his titles. That is where respect comes from. It doesn't just come from statistics, there is work ethics and attitude to consider.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Pacers just got better :) On to the roster re-familiarization exercises LOL

Seriously, they are doing well now. Can't wait to see TJ back and playing with Brogdon and LaVert who they actually drafted.
Agree Jack. And I hear that Sabonis is having an all-star type of performance this early. I just reviewed some tapes of his father, who came to the NBA 10 years late. He could have been an 'eastern' Bill Walton. :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In this age of Pterodactyl wingspans, not bad for a T-Rex , young Sabonis! LOL

I just want to see blue collar giving super teams headaches again! Bring back the Flo Jos! Please no more Hoosiers! :D

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Agree Jack. And I hear that Sabonis is having an all-star type of performance this early. I just reviewed some tapes of his father, who came to the NBA 10 years late. He could have been an 'eastern' Bill Walton. :D
I also like what indy did with this trade.

And speaking of our beloved Bill Walton:

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
And for the record, I never denied those stats lines of Lebron were good. Stats are stats. He can have that, nobody can take them away from him. But I just wonder, why is he 'demanding his damn respect', as late as last year? Apparently he knows that he lacked respect inspite of his 'stats. :) Did Tim Duncan (among other real greats) ever demanded to be respected? There were dark years in his SA tenure and he just kept working and working till he got his titles. That is where respect comes from. It doesn't just come from statistics, there is work ethics and attitude to consider.
Cant disagree Phil

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I also like what indy did with this trade.

And speaking of our beloved Bill Walton:

Hilarious. I love Bill. I have a tremendous respect for his game, and I was following the Sixers-Blazers Finals then. His leadership is one for the books, imo.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hilarious. I love Bill. I have a tremendous respect for his game, and I was following the Sixers-Blazers Finals then. His leadership is one for the books, imo.
Problems with Bill always seemed to be related to his foot

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Brogdon seems to get better every year too.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Christoph, here is the list, Marbury is number 9, and Rider is number 2. I forgot one center I truly admire, Andrew Bynum, till he just won't play properly for reasons one cannot understand.

Hi Phil
Thank you so much for posting this list/link :D
As a consequence, I spent the whole evening watching youtube videos of my all-time-favorite-fun-to-watch player Jason Williams (aka White Chocolate) :cool:
What an unbelievable artist with the ball :eek:

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
C'mon Christoph, I did follow by saying there are many teams who match up well. I feel the other good luck going for them is the absence of infection by the players other than Alex Caruso. It will I am sure reach all teams one way or another
All good, Steve.
My comment was meant to be mostly funny ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Williams

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
I mentioned Dennis Rodman as a nut case of years gone by. However when the game started he came to play and I loved watching him. His tattoos and dyed hair colors always stood out.
Heck Dennis went on to be the NBA and USA Ambassador to North Korea.
Dennis the Menace was loved as long he was on your team and showed up (what he did almostly always), but most other players and teams had very hard times with (and especially against) him :oops:

Btw. LeBJ calling Dennis Schröder "Dennis the Menace" is IMO inappropriate because this moniker already belongs to Rodman for decades :rolleyes:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Phil
Thank you so much for posting this list/link :D
As a consequence, I spent the whole evening watching youtube videos of my all-time-favorite-fun-to-watch player Jason Williams (aka White Chocolate) :cool:
What an unbelievable artist with the ball :eek:
Anytime, Christoph.
I vaguely remember White Chocolate's career, but I do recall bits of his showboat type kind of play. Did someone mention he's also a Pistol Pete reincarnation? :D I read too that Jason is a close friend of Shaq as they were neighbors.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing