New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I can't see it happening as the 3 is the weapon that the team use to beat these big guys
I agree unfortunately. That said, I loved the way they used Gordon to overpower whatever smaller 3 shooting guy was covering him, feeding him down low for easy-ish 2s. And anytime they want to move the 3 line out a bit, separate the really good shooters from the merely adequate ones (guys hitting 35-40% are celebrated -- wtf!), I'm in. But that's a pipe dream too.

Reactions: jadis
we also have to wonder that a healthy Jamal Murray who missed virtually 2 seasons could have gotten them back to back championships
I think this is a good chunk of why the seemed like 'a team on a mission' -- they felt championship bound a couple of years ago.

as I see it the league now is built around speed and a montage of 3 point shooters. To have the best player in the league as your center and a great 3 point shooter can't hurt either

as I see it the league now is built around speed and a montage of 3 point shooters. To have the best player in the league as your center and a great 3 point shooter can't hurt either
Jokic is a better point guard than LeBron IMO :cool:

I agree unfortunately. That said, I loved the way they used Gordon to overpower whatever smaller 3 shooting guy was covering him, feeding him down low for easy-ish 2s. And anytime they want to move the 3 line out a bit, separate the really good shooters from the merely adequate ones (guys hitting 35-40% are celebrated -- wtf!), I'm in. But that's a pipe dream too.
I'm in favor of moving the 3 point line farther. And though an even harder pipe dream, I wish the 3 point line is removed altogether. Defense will be the name of the game. And the term 'height is might' will be back in vogue.:D

Reactions: Steve Williams
I'm in favor of moving the 3 point line farther. And though an even harder pipe dream, I wish the 3 point line is removed altogether. Defense will be the name of the game. And the term 'height is might' will be back in vogue.:D
Agsin I can’t see it happening. If a team lacks 3 point shooters I just can’t see them being a threat. You need a post up guy for the defense to collapse in on and then have him pass it out for the long shot seems to be a winning combination these days

Can't wait for free agency and trades. Am hoping CP3 does not end up in Beantown. I like his play but at this stage, he's too old and injury prone.

Can't wait for free agency and trades. Am hoping CP3 does not end up in Beantown. I like his play but at this stage, he's too old and injury prone.
I’m afraid his star has set and he will likely be cut before the deadline and walk with $15M. I can’t see any team picking up his $60M contract. He’ll make a good color commentator I suppose

I’m afraid his star has set and he will likely be cut before the deadline and walk with $15M. I can’t see any team picking up his $60M contract. He’ll make a good color commentator I suppose
I believe even the Lakers learned their lesson on that topic with Westbrook

Or better yet have a center who can hit 3’s from anywhere and with great accuracy. Which leads me to ask why Lowry was guarding Jokic
Imo, the zone and double teaming of Miami eventually led to switching to the man closest to the offensive threat. I've seen many times how Joker was bullying the inside with Vincent or Strus. It's part of their defensive strategy since they have smaller players. These same small Heat players were able to steal the ball many times from Jaylen Brown in game 7. Which goes to show too how good a ball handler Jokic is.

Last edited:
Brown would be a whole lot more dangerous w/a post game. He's got a few inches at least on most guys covering him. Not at all looking for him to be Jokic, but he'd need to improve his passing in this scenario as well. Though he needs to do this anyway.

Brown would be a whole lot more dangerous w/a post game. He's got a few inches at least on most guys covering him. Not at all looking for him to be Jokic, but he'd need to improve his passing in this scenario as well. Though he needs to do this anyway.
Agree. He and Tatum need to improve on their passing. Strange, when I checked on Tatum's college highlights he did a lot of drive in moves. He suddenly switched to these step back 3s of which he be successfully some nights and fail on other nights. He also loves to be a point forward though he commits a lot of turnovers as such. These 2, if they are maxed out, would be responsible for half a billion dollar in salaries of the Celtics. A bit too much if they are error prone.

Job 1 of the Celts staff is to figure how to make those two more than the sum of their parts.

Job 1 of the Celts staff is to figure how to make those two more than the sum of their parts.
These 2, if they are maxed out, would be responsible for half a billion dollar in salaries of the Celtics. A bit too much if they are error prone.
I almost choked on my breakfast cereal reading this o_O

I almost choked on my breakfast cereal reading this o_O
Which raises the question if they're worth that much. They haven't won a title yet but got selected as first and second all NBA teams only.

Brown alone can sign a super max of $295m for 5 years. That's $59m a year. Wow.

Tatum will get even more.

• Wow
On the lighter side, seeing Perkins in NBA Today just reminded me that he has struck out twice with his crystal ball this season - Lakers and Heat. 3 times if we count his Celtics prediction in the last Finals. So it's quite safe to bet against him next year. It's more accurate than Vegas. :D

• Haha
Perk has to pay up to the 3 colleagues in NBA Today. $500 each to RJ, Malika and Zack if the Heat lost Game 5. They are collecting the 'debt' now. :D

Vegas really has faith in my Celtics. :D But to me they will get there only if they get an upgrade on Horford and Smart.

Heat is not even on the list.

14.06.2023_09.34.43_REC.png

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing