New Giya Spirits in the house

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
After a few trials and tribulations got these in recently and up to the audio room. So far, I'm liking what I'm hearing.

The first 2 key takeaways compared to the Giya G2 S2 is -

1) Much bigger and bolder sound.
2) Bass is more articulate and more accurate, more real.

I was worried about the bass overwhelming my room, but it seems to not be the case as my room is pretty well - damped with bass traps. Burn - in needs to occur + tweaking including measuring and adjusting the subs. Right now, and by ear the subs ended up much lower in output. So far, pretty addictive sound that needs work to get to the level of musical specificity, detail, dimensionality and frequency balance that I had with the G2 S2s. Much time is required. The journey, not the destination.... :) Spirit - 1.jpg

Audio 1

Jul 18, 2022
Naples, FL
Congratulations on the G1 Spirits!
What is the size of your room?

Reactions: sbo6 and DDgtt

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Thanks. My room is 16.75' wide that open to about 18.25' wide at the double doors x 19' deep by 9' high. Hopefully, next year if we build a new house it'll be much larger. :)

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Stunning speakers - congrats. Worth mentioning that when I've been to the factory to listen to Vivid Giyas they angle them in a lot, i.e. crossing in front of the listening position. Might be worth experimenting with this.

Reactions: DDgtt and sbo6

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Thanks I have heard about crossing in front. I tried it with the G1 S2s and I didn't like the sound, however, the tonality of the Spirits is very different so who knows...

Reactions: DDgtt

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Congrats on the new speakers. Wishing you many happy hours of listening!

Reactions: sbo6

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
Thanks I have heard about crossing in front. I tried it with the G1 S2s and I didn't like the sound, however, the tonality of the Spirits is very different so who knows...

I didn't like them that way; I ran mine with a very slight toe as they have wonderful dispersion.

Reactions: DDgtt and sbo6

gshelley

Member Sponsor
Jan 10, 2011
Austin, TX
They look great in your room. I’ll bet they sound great too. Happy listening!!

Reactions: sbo6

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
I'd say you've got them pretty dialed in now, Steven! The system sounds superb! Especially with the new Total DAC system!
Thanks Steve, I think you'll like the new vinyl playback also. :)

Reactions: slowGEEZR

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Congratulations. Nice speaker and room.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing