New Kronos review!

Which version of Scheherazade, Ked?

Analog productions reissue of Living Stereo Fritz reiner - almost every room I went to either the demo person or some audience members asked about it, and loved it.

Madfloyd, doesn't matter what version. It was a blessed relief from all the elevator muzak/smooth pap played thruout the show.
What are the rooms scared of, that some dynamic music will send people for an early lunch?
Or is this music representative of what most of our fellow audiophiles are listening to?

Perhaps not. I only ask because I'm a fan of the piece and am always curious about versions I might not have yet heard. My go to is the Reiner RCA.

Sure, no aggravation intended LOL.
Ked saved the day a few times w/his correct listening repertoire!

(...) Does anyone have any views on the Mark Dohmann (of Continuum fame) tt? I heard it in the Ypsilon/Wilson room, and one other I think. Marvellous too, despite the Ypsilon cdp running it VERY close (imho the best digital I've ever experienced).

Can I ask what is the Ypsilon CDP ? I could only find a transport and a DAC in their site.

IMHO we can not exclude that you were listening to the coherency of having a system all from the same designer. At some time I had an all Audio Research system - CD8 - REF40 -REF150. Although my current CD player is more detailed, has better bass and image, I miss the coherency of the whole ARC system in some recordings. In some aspects, it made digital sound more analog - an absence of electronics, perhaps more "fluid".

Perhaps not. I only ask because I'm a fan of the piece and am always curious about versions I might not have yet heard. My go to is the Reiner RCA.

Isn't that the same, mine says Analog Productions RCA

I also like Artur Rubinstein RCA Victor, Boston Symphony, Beethoven's Emperor.

And Bruch Scottish Fantasia, Oistrakh, Decca.

Micro, stand corrected, the Ypsilon transport and dac. Non upsampling, and to my ears sounded a lot better than the dsd I've heard recently. Just a ballpark impression.

Louis describes the new supercap power unit to Michael Fremer: (...) []

After listening we could ask why not using simply a real battery?

Micro, stand corrected, the Ypsilon transport and dac. Non upsampling, and to my ears sounded a lot better than the dsd I've heard recently. Just a ballpark impression.

Thanks. Audiophile life is really filled with surprises ...

Hello,
I'm thinking about replacing my TW Acustic AC full BN upgrade. I'm watching maîly 2 models for that and would like to collect your opinions here. The first and more expensive is the Kronos Sparta, and the second one is the Kuzma Stabi M.
No way to compare here because in my country, analog is not that big hi fi sales.
The Kuzma M is described as being a reproduction tool near to the master tapes. I love the look and build quality, and the Kronos Sparta with it's suspension and counter rotative platters seems to make great music that make the listener to forget about technics and imerge into music.
I listen mainly classical music.

Hello,
I'm thinking about replacing my TW Acustic AC full BN upgrade. I'm watching maîly 2 models for that and would like to collect your opinions here. The first and more expensive is the Kronos Sparta, and the second one is the Kuzma Stabi M.
No way to compare here because in my country, analog is not that big hi fi sales.
The Kuzma M is described as being a reproduction tool near to the master tapes. I love the look and build quality, and the Kronos Sparta with it's suspension and counter rotative platters seems to make great music that make the listener to forget about technics and imerge into music.
I listen mainly classical music.

There is also Techdas AF3 coming out at that price point (or is it less), and many would say that a Microseiki 5000 would beat most of these. Without listening tough to know, but do check. There is so much difference between the tables I have been listening to, and all my demo LPs are classical. Some do the midrange in a very natural way, and some do the bass and slam in a better way. I don't think brands and prices have anything to do with how you connect to a TT.

There is also Techdas AF3 coming out at that price point (or is it less), and many would say that a Microseiki 5000 would beat most of these. Without listening tough to know, but do check. There is so much difference between the tables I have been listening to, and all my demo LPs are classical. Some do the midrange in a very natural way, and some do the bass and slam in a better way. I don't think brands and prices have anything to do with how you connect to a TT.

I prefer to keep it simple and never really trust a tt with a pump for being maintenance free at one moment or another. That's why I hesitate to include the AF3. I'm looking at the Doehman too but it is rather new and not much feedback from users.

Hi,

I'm familiar with both brands, and although I haven't had first-hand experience with the Stabi M, I've owned a Kuzma Reference and a XL (w/ 4Point tonearm!), so I know my way around the line :)

Ideally, I'd do the the Sparta with a 4Point tonearm (Kuzma's killer product, IMHO), best of both worlds/brands.

cheers,
alex

Hi,

I'm familiar with both brands, and although I haven't had first-hand experience with the Stabi M, I've owned a Kuzma Reference and a XL (w/ 4Point tonearm!), so I know my way around the line :)

Ideally, I'd do the the Sparta with a 4Point tonearm (Kuzma's killer product, IMHO), best of both worlds/brands.

cheers,
alex

Alex,

There seems to be a consensus about using any Kronos with it's own tonearm in the case of the Sparta : the Helena. I couldn't use the Sparta with my DaVinci Grandezza 12" as the max arm length is 10.5.
Best

Ked, exactly my experience! Could not agree more. The only difficulty is, that it is often enough well nigh impossible to take a TT with arm and cart home, connect them all to your system, listen and decide. I myself have always had to depend on hearsay {pun intended}.:)
Hope this finds you well!
Cheers,
Detlof

Ked, exactly my experience! Could not agree more. The only difficulty is, that it is often enough well nigh impossible to take a TT with arm and cart home, connect them all to your system, listen and decide. I myself have always had to depend on hearsay {pun intended}.:)
Hope this finds you well!
Cheers,
Detlof

Hi Detlof,

Yes, Analog set up is the toughest thing to choose the best of, at the same time, many decent TTs sound great.

Alex,

There seems to be a consensus about using any Kronos with it's own tonearm in the case of the Sparta : the Helena. I couldn't use the Sparta with my DaVinci Grandezza 12" as the max arm length is 10.5.
Best

cuntigh,

The beauty of the 4point is that, in spite of its effective length (12" or 14"), it's supposed to be mounted like a 9" arm! You'd only have issues if you had a dust cover on the Sparta, as the tonearm would protrude beyond the actual dimensions of the turntable.

That said, the Helena is a solid choice, and I'm actually listening to a Sparta+Helena right now :)

cheers,
alex

Asiufy
I see you sell Kronos and Kuzma. I'd like to know how do you caracterize the sound of one against another for a classical music listener please ?
The Kuzma that interests me is the Stabi M with the 14" arm and the Kronos Sparta.

I'd be really interested in this too
The Kuzma Stabi M with 14" 4 Point sporting a Soundsmith Straingauge cart on a Speirs active shelf, is right in the Sweet Spot re material and engineering prowess/true high end VFM, and is likely my next analog choice/likely final destination
Would love to get a comparison of the Stabi M to the Kronos

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing