New MSB DACs

pke10000

Jan 22, 2018
I listened it at the event in Korea with Msb umt, Msb Premier dac, Msb M204 amp, YG sonya and hailey, Nordost vallhalla2 cables.

I couldn't compare it with others.
But it was enough to prove why it is one of Msb and show the value of the cost.

They said it will be released at summer, I hope to compare it with my Mark 30.6 and lampi.GG at that time.

pke10000

Jan 22, 2018
The most interesting was the network input and combition with roon.
At the demo, they compared it with aurender W20 and UMT.
Unhappily, roon was worst, but they used mac book as a roon core. Its price is 1/10 of aurender and 1/40 of Umt. I'm curious what will happen if they use audio-grade roon core.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
The most interesting was the network input and combition with roon.
At the demo, they compared it with aurender W20 and UMT.
Unhappily, roon was worst, but they used mac book as a roon core. Its price is 1/10 of aurender and 1/40 of Umt. I'm curious what will happen if they use audio-grade roon core.

pke10000, welcome to What's Best Forum.

thank you for the feedback on the MSB, and agree that using MacBook likely makes it hard to judge Roon. I use SGM server with Roon and am very happy. we are all curious how these new MSB dacs will do, but I personally expect them to be standard setters at their price points.

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Personally looking forward to a Premier vs Reference dac afternoon :)

Keith, Do you have something scheduled? I am curious to hear about how these compare. I have a new Reference coming any day.....hope I didn't make a mistake. ;)

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Keith, Do you have something scheduled? I am curious to hear about how these compare. I have a new Reference coming any day.....hope I didn't make a mistake. ;)

No, once my dealer has a burned in Premier we will do the demo.

My fear is I will still want a Ref Dac :)

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Do new DACs events place in only Korea???

I'm Korean.

A Korean distributor, GLV is introducing MSB new entry DACs.

http://www.hificlub.co.kr/web2017/b...lid=100&f_lid=100436&table=brd_10173&ishtml=n

I knew this svent, but didn't attend.

I'm dreaming to get MSB DAC.

But not these DAC...

MSB Select DAC II full option has world-first quality.

I think MSB make fantastic flagship model, but the others not good, expensive.

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Do new DACs events place in only Korea???

I'm Korean.

A Korean distributor, GLV is introducing MSB new entry DACs.

http://www.hificlub.co.kr/web2017/b...lid=100&f_lid=100436&table=brd_10173&ishtml=n

I knew this svent, but didn't attend.

I'm dreaming to get MSB DAC.

But not these DAC...

MSB Select DAC II full option has world-first quality.

I think MSB make fantastic flagship model, but the others not good, expensive.

Of crud....I wish I had seen this post a few hours ago. I literally just unboxed my new Reference and got it all hooked up. The problem was I threw away the plastic wrapper so now I gottta keep it.

IMG_0697.JPG

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Of crud....I wish I had seen this post a few hours ago. I literally just unboxed my new Reference and got it all hooked up. The problem was I threw away the plastic wrapper so now I gottta keep it.

Paul,

congrats on the new MSB Reference dac. I've heard it twice and was very impressed. it's the real deal. looking forward to your feedback as it breaks in and you get to know it.

great picture of your system too.

enjoy!

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Oh~!

I'm sorry.

I mean Discrete DAC and Premier DAC.

Reference DAC is so good.

MSB products made by Hybrid DAC module are all fantastic~!!

Very important thing~!

You use Soulution products~!!!!!

Soulution is great~!!!

I have a schedule change power amp.

Soulution 701 vs Dartzeel NHB-458

I love Dartzeel so first target is NHB-458.

But Soulution 701 is also awesome.

Your system sound seems to be fantastic~!!!

^^

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Paul,

congrats on the new MSB Reference dac. I've heard it twice and was very impressed. it's the real deal. looking forward to your feedback as it breaks in and you get to know it.

great picture of your system too.

enjoy!

Thanks Mike, I am very excited to say the least. I will be burning it in with an old Oppo I had around but will be getting a server and going renderer when it comes. Just running out of box with with coax I am already very impressed. I hate using the cliches but I am hearing amazing detail and bite but I swear I am listening to analog. Imaging is also freaky real like my TT. Still very early but so far so good.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Thanks Mike, I am very excited to say the least. I will be burning it in with an old Oppo I had around but will be getting a server and going renderer when it comes. Just running out of box with with coax I am already very impressed. I hate using the cliches but I am hearing amazing detail and bite but I swear I am listening to analog. Imaging is also freaky real like my TT. Still very early but so far so good.

I see that thread got you shopping first:). Enjoy!

david

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Oh~!

I'm sorry.

I mean Discrete DAC and Premier DAC.

Reference DAC is so good.

MSB products made by Hybrid DAC module are all fantastic~!!

Very important thing~!

You use Soulution products~!!!!!

Soulution is great~!!!

I have a schedule change power amp.

Soulution 701 vs Dartzeel NHB-458

I love Dartzeel so first target is NHB-458.

But Soulution 701 is also awesome.

Your system sound seems to be fantastic~!!!

^^

Its cool Eso I was just goofing around. Yes I have the baby Soulution amps; they are extremely fast, grip the Raidho's with an iron fist (which is what they need) and blend extreme resolution with a touch of Class A sweetness. Wow the 701 versus 458.....I could only dream.

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Its cool Eso I was just goofing around. Yes I have the baby Soulution amps; they are extremely fast, grip the Raidho's with an iron fist (which is what they need) and blend extreme resolution with a touch of Class A sweetness. Wow the 701 versus 458.....I could only dream.

I heard your Soulution products.

Though 721 and 501 are not flagship, Soulution is fantastic. Just Awesome~!!!

Dartzeel NHB-458 is just my dream, ha ha~

Here is my system~!!

SAM_0411.JPG

SAM_0412.JPG

SAM_0413.JPG

SAM_0414.JPG

^^

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I heard your Soulution products.

Though 721 and 501 are not flagship, Soulution is fantastic. Just Awesome~!!!

Dartzeel NHB-458 is just my dream, ha ha~

Here is my system~!!

^^

I have no words!!! Good luck with 458 and get that Select II!!

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Paul,

First, congrats on the great purchase :D
Did you get the upgraded output module for your MSB REF?
I'm curious to hear your impressions on the MSB REF going direct into your amps, versus the Soulution preamp.

cheers,
alex

Last edited:

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA

View attachment 38630

Hi Paul,

Congratulations on receiving your MSB Reference DAC!!! Your system and room look absolutely gorgeous. You’ve done a wonderful job putting it all together.

Best,
Ken

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Paul,

First, congrats on the great purchase :D
Did you get the upgraded output module for your MSB REF?
I'm curious to hear your impressions on the MSB REF going direct into your amps, versus the Soulution preamp.

cheers,
alex

Thanks Alex. Not yet regarding the preamp module. I want to spend some time breaking the unit in and getting very acquainted with the sound using my Soulution preamp first and then will be road testing the upgraded module. I have a feeling the MSB preamp module may work with my Soulution amps given the voltage output of the MSB ladders but my bigger concern is that the 501's may need some gain for the phono side to work well. I will just need to try it out.

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Hi Paul,

Congratulations on receiving your MSB Reference DAC!!! Your system and room look absolutely gorgeous. You’ve done a wonderful job putting it all together.

Best,
Ken

Thanks for all your help along the way Ken.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing