New Record Cards!

NextGen

Mar 10, 2022
Of course you need to grab the repro head outputs directly: typically this is done one of two ways: direct connection to the head outputs in the headblock or at the headblock connector itself; or at the audio card cage repro head connections (often removing the repro cards and using a “bypass” or extender card to connect the the required cables (shielded twisted pair terminated in a male XLR for each channel).

It’s not particularly difficult, and Any good Audio/tape machine technician should be able to assist you with this if needed.

(It is also possible to install a very high quality DPDT switch designed for very small signals at/in the headblock to allow switching between the original repro electronics and the outboard electronics- but while an interesting comparison at first I predict you will cease using the inboard electronics within minutes or hours and use solely the outboard NextGen connection…)

NextGen

Mar 10, 2022
Actually I am looking at an M15A for purchase tomorrow which I will setup for use with my NextGen outboard record/repro electronics. So I expect to perform the measurements needed to have finalized head loading, wavelength model, and the rest of the complete calibration data needed to duplicate this setup quite soon.

For those M15/15A owners who may be interested in the very same NextGen repro-only or full record/repro setup, you can contact me at nextgenaudiosystems.com or message me through this forum.

Www.nextgenaudiosystems.com

(This will expand our proven, re-defining magnetic tape electronics solutions to Studer A80RC and VU, Ampex ATR-100, Nagra T Audio, and soon AEG/Telefunken M15/A.)

jazzfun

Aug 16, 2023
Actually I am looking at an M15A for purchase tomorrow which I will setup for use with my NextGen outboard record/repro electronics. So I expect to perform the measurements needed to have finalized head loading, wavelength model, and the rest of the complete calibration data needed to duplicate this setup quite soon.

For those M15/15A owners who may be interested in the very same NextGen repro-only or full record/repro setup, you can contact me at nextgenaudiosystems.com or message me through this forum.

Www.nextgenaudiosystems.com

(This will expand our proven, re-defining magnetic tape electronics solutions to Studer A80RC and VU, Ampex ATR-100, Nagra T Audio, and soon AEG/Telefunken M15/A.)

jazzfun

Aug 16, 2023
This is definitely good news. very interesting in rightNextGen repro full record/repro setup......

NextGen

Mar 10, 2022
any update?
Have introduced our NextGen outboard chassis version for the Nagra T-audio with the DIN high-inductance (880mH) amorphous heads, with outstanding results -I expect to have a user review as well as comparison against the NextGen equipped Studer A80 RC on WBF soon.

So we can today offer a plug-in record/repro card solution for the Studer A80RC, and using our external standalone chassis version with our plug-in cards the Studer A80VU, Ampex ATR-102 series, and the Nagra T audio.

The M15 effort got sidetracked for a while because the machine I looked at was in fact DOA on inspection.... I hope to have a working M15A to finalize the head loading/gain/EQ repro setup quite soon. Stay tuned....
Regards
Jeff

jazzfun

Aug 16, 2023
Have introduced our NextGen outboard chassis version for the Nagra T-audio with the DIN high-inductance (880mH) amorphous heads, with outstanding results -I expect to have a user review as well as comparison against the NextGen equipped Studer A80 RC on WBF soon.

So we can today offer a plug-in record/repro card solution for the Studer A80RC, and using our external standalone chassis version with our plug-in cards the Studer A80VU, Ampex ATR-102 series, and the Nagra T audio.

The M15 effort got sidetracked for a while because the machine I looked at was in fact DOA on inspection.... I hope to have a working M15A to finalize the head loading/gain/EQ repro setup quite soon. Stay tuned....
Regards
Jeff

Attachments

• 1707197048845.png
    1707197048845.png
    342.4 KB · Views: 15

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing