New refurbished Apogee Diva

Mini-Me

Sep 8, 2020
The arrival of the Tympani, a year ago, has radically changed my way of listening to music.
Planar speakers have become my must.
This is why, after so many thoughts, I let go of my beloved Avalon Eidolons, replacing them with the Apogee Diva.
I had the opportunity to find them practically new (all panels have been replaced by new ones), at Audioantiquary.com (by the way he has a couple of perfect Calipers and the great Full Range).
Just installed without any type of right location finding, but positioned as indicated in the user manual.
The first impression was the "disarming sense of truth".
The bass is extended, deep, controlled ... true.
Thousands of harmonics have invaded the room.

View attachment 100181

View attachment 100183

View attachment 100184
Hi Paolo! Is the Diva driven by a single stereo amp?

Mini-Me

Sep 8, 2020
Thanks! Your system is fascinating. May be you could upload some close-up photos. I recently bought a pair of Duetta Signatures. They will be restored by Frank in Zürich. He is one of the official installers. I am currently searching for the right amp…

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Thanks! Your system is fascinating. May be you could upload some close-up photos. I recently bought a pair of Duetta Signatures. They will be restored by Frank in Zürich. He is one of the official installers. I am currently searching for the right amp…
I run my Apogee Studio Grands with high power SET and absolutely love it.
I also have a pair of Lamm M 1.1 Hybrid Monos from my Scintilla days.
If you are from Switzerland or close by, feel free to come around and have a listen.

Reactions: Mini-Me

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
screenshot-www.usaudiomart.com-2023.09.03-20_59_51.png

If this person is living in Washington State or even Oregon, then I will jump at it.

I had been impressed with Diva driven by Krell KSA250 on 1989 but could not afford it at that time.

Thus I had opted for Duetta Sig driven by Krell KSA 150.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I run my Apogee Studio Grands with high power SET and

Hello Christoph,

Which high-power SET are you using on the Studio Grands?

Mini-Me

Sep 8, 2020
I run my Apogee Studio Grands with high power SET and absolutely love it.
I also have a pair of Lamm M 1.1 Hybrid Monos from my Scintilla days.
If you are from Switzerland or close by, feel free to come around and have a listen.
Thank you for the invitation, this is highly appreciated! At the beginning of the next year, there would be a good opportunity.
The Lamm monos are great, the M 1.2 would be a nice choice for the Duettas. May be a pair of Stax DMA X 2, however they are not so easy to find…

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Hello Christoph,

Which high-power SET are you using on the Studio Grands?
Ok, rather medium power with Ayon Crossfire 3 and KR Audio VA 350, each with 30 watts per channel, Amplifon SET 42 with 40 watts per channel and KR Audio Kronzilla SX with 50 watts per channel.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ok, rather medium power with Ayon Crossfire 3 and KR Audio VA 350, each with 30 watts per channel, Amplifon SET 42 with 40 watts per channel and KR Audio Kronzilla SX with 50 watts per channel.

Thank you. To your ears which of those three amplifiers has the fullest upper bass to lower midrange?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Thank you. To your ears which of those three amplifiers has the fullest upper bass to lower midrange?
I would say the KR Kronzilla and the new Amplifon (which is not available in the USA).

The Kronzilla is also available as 100 watt per channel monos.
That might sound absolutely awesome with your Pendragons :cool:

Reactions: French Fred

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Thank you.
Currently my system is off and unplugged. I will upload some pictures as soon as I will restore it.
Concerning the right amplifier to drive Apogee, I always seen coupled solid state amplifiers with high current gain. Apogee panels require a large amount of current to move properly. In my case Diva are well driven by Soulution 710, which in my opinion represents a good balance between a solid state amp and tube amp.

Reactions: Mini-Me

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing