New TAD M700 & M700S

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
Lovely room and set up Stanley
Thanks Sujay! There is a qualification test for me in coming month. We keep in touch again by year end to come cover for listening fun!

Reactions: sujay

XCop5089

Sep 5, 2015
Winchester, UK
Thank you Stanley.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
View attachment 118217

It was an honor to have TAD President to visit my humble listening area/living room last week.

Tarutani-san is extremely humble and nice. He provided a few suggestions on possible ways to improve my setup. We also had nice chat about TAD operation and some interesting facts of TAD listening room reference system.

Looking forward to host him again when he travels to Singapore in the future.
nice job

I would like to ask TAD to design a reference phonostage.

I love TAD products

Reactions: Stef

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
nice job

I would like to ask TAD to design a reference phonostage.

I love TAD products
We did ask him about phono. But he said there are not enough engineers to work on this:p

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Stef and Amir

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
in my opinion All TAD reference products are the end game products so designing a perfect phonostage needs a smart engineer and spending lots of time.

Olivier59

Feb 22, 2023
Hi I own TAD with CR1 TX with Pilium gear, I used 2 pairs of Tiglon 2000 speakers and they are really transparent cables. Tad speakers cables are made by Tiglon maybe that's why!!!. If any of you want good deals with Tiglon products you should contact Dominique from Woodlink in France
windeck.dominique@gmail.com
It's Tiglon distributor

Avidlistener

Feb 18, 2013
I have found iconoclast cables to be amazing with my CR1’s.

the nice thing is that their cheaper series 1 cables are perfect for the woofers, with the top series 2 for mids/highs.

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France
During my almost 10 years experience with TAD, I have always felt that qualitative silver speaker cables are overall a better match for TAD Speakers. Not saying that cooper cables are not good but silver cables often bring an increase of speed, articulation, refinement, airiness and fluidity to the presentation.

Raker24

Jul 27, 2020
During my almost 10 years experience with TAD, I have always felt that qualitative silver speaker cables are overall a better match for TAD Speakers. Not saying that cooper cables are not good but silver cables often bring an increase of speed, articulation, refinement, airiness and fluidity to the presentation.
I don't have any experience with silver cable with my TAD CR1 TX speakers, but a little bit skeptical about the match between silver cables and beryllium tweeters, on general grounds. Willing to be persuaded, though. I enquired about Way cables, which are silver, but was told that they were not distributed in Paris, so can't borrow them to try.

Raker24

Jul 27, 2020
We did ask him about phono. But he said there are not enough engineers to work on this:p
I understand (straight from the horse's mouth in November) that TAD are now working on a phono stage.

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France
I don't have any experience with silver cable with my TAD CR1 TX speakers, but a little bit skeptical about the match between silver cables and beryllium tweeters, on general grounds. Willing to be persuaded, though. I enquired about Way cables, which are silver, but was told that they were not distributed in Paris, so can't borrow them to try.
You can easily try the premium models from Kimber / Inakustik / Nordost / Kondo / Kharma / … All silver. I'm also in Paris and using the TAD CR1-tx and I can ensure that there is no matching / brightness issue with the beryllium tweeter. Regarding Waycables better to contact them directly regarding their actual distribution...I like what Miroslav is building but this is a very personal choice

Raker24

Jul 27, 2020
You can easily try the premium models from Kimber / Inakustik / Nordost / Kondo / Kharma / … All silver. I'm also in Paris and using the TAD CR1-tx and I can ensure that there is no matching / brightness issue with the beryllium tweeter. Regarding Waycables better to contact them directly regarding their actual distribution...I like what Miroslav is building but this is a very personal choice
Stef: If you're also in Paris, perhaps I could come over one day to listen to your system with silver cables?

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France
Sure ! My pleasu
Stef: If you're also in Paris, perhaps I could come over one day to listen to your system with silver cables?
Sure! My pleasure. Let's contact in PM

Raker24

Jul 27, 2020
Sure ! My pleasu

Sure! My pleasure. Let's contact in PM
Don't understand how PM works, please let me know your availability on +33 6 46 10 72 90 (06 46 10 72 90), which is also my WhatsApp and Signal numbers.

Olivier59

Feb 22, 2023
Bonjour comme on parle tous Français, j'ai des ASI XLR liveline référence depuis quelques jours et c'est vraiment des supers câbles. Ce sont des monobrins avec un conducteur en fil d'argent et un fil de cuivre et des métaux précieux dont Franck Tchang avait le secret, ce sont des bombes. Il explose le way cable d'entrée de gamme que j'avais en prêt. Bande passante énorme, cela module et donne un résultat super musicale.

Reactions: Stef

Olivier59

Feb 22, 2023
Don't understand how PM works, please let me know your availability on +33 6 46 10 72 90 (06 46 10 72 90), which is also my WhatsApp and Signal numbers.
Très beau système

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I understand (straight from the horse's mouth in November) that TAD are now working on a phono stage.
Good News , TAD Electronics all are Double isolated (Class II appliance) and connecting Class I phonostage (from other brands like Vitus) to TAD is not a good solution.
Class I electronics equipments have earth wire (3 pin AC plug) and Class II equipments have no earth wire (2 AC plug).
It means Class I products connect to wall earth but Class II products are isolated from wall earth wire.

totally I guess for not-ideal earth connection the TAD Class II design is better for better sound quality specially in dynamics.

Last edited:

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I am not sure but Nordost is not silver, it is just silver plated cooper.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing