New Wadax Atlantis Reference Dac

• Haha
Reactions: christoph
You are the dealer of Wadax, that's why you wrote this shit ! I write the truth !
No where in all of my comments have I not stated the path by which I got turned on to Wadax and that although I had no plan to purchase it , after being exposed to it I did buy it. I really don't care what you think nor am I trying to sell this to anyone. This is not something you sell but rather something that someone experiences and they have to BUY it. This is what i have have said and stand by my comments that this item is something different and special.
I resent you comments and your tone and words and you by being anonymous and making such accusations are just acting like a troll.

My name and business are right in my signature. My opinions are mine and stated and many of the people on this site know me and have met me here or at shows. I stake my reputation on the quality of the sound of this piece.

No where in all of my comments have I not stated the path by which I got turned on to Wadax and that although I had no plan to purchase it , after being exposed to it I did buy it. I really don't care what you think nor am I trying to sell this to anyone. This is not something you sell but rather something that someone experiences and they have to BUY it. This is what i have have said and stand by my comments that this item is something different and special.
I resent you comments and your tone and words and you by being anonymous and making such accusations are just acting like a troll.

My name and business are right in my signature. My opinions are mine and stated and many of the people on this site know me and have met me here or at shows. I stake my reputation on the quality of the sound of this piece.

obviously i own MSB. i've listened with Elliot both at shows a few times, and in his South Florida showroom. heard the 7 box CH digital in both places and was blown away especially in his room. and respect Elliot's perspectives. if Elliot prefers the Wadax to the CH 7 box my personal view is that is quite a remarkable thing. just my 2 cents.

people are always free to discount dealer viewpoints, that is understandable. i'm just offering a data point here.

obviously i own MSB. i've listened with Elliot both at shows a few times, and in his South Florida showroom. heard the 7 box CH digital in both places and was blown away especially in his room. and respect Elliot's perspectives. if Elliot prefers the Wadax to the CH 7 box my personal view is that is quite a remarkable thing. just my 2 cents.

people are always free to discount dealer viewpoints, that is understandable. i'm just offering a data point here.
I find it refreshing that Elliot actually is willing to declare his preference for one product over the other, when he represents both brands. Most dealers would diplomatically say "it depends on setup" ! :)

Last edited:
(...) people are always free to discount dealer viewpoints, that is understandable. i'm just offering a data point here.

Owners data points are also understandably biased. Beyond the ownership, something we listen in our systems for a considerable time has more opportunities of being loved than what juts exists in shops, shows or other people systems ...

The only way we have to give weight to data points is documenting them, IMHO preferably referring to particular recordings.

Reactions: lordcloud
BF1BCB12-9D76-4AE4-A418-EDEA16FE9B83.jpeg

Akasa cable is a custom request with strict parameters designed by Wadax with the technology needed for its Reference line.
It isn't available to purchase it and its technology is proprietary.

This thread is bizarre!
High End is bizarre…

Its threads like this that could lead someone to the notion of high end bizzariety. I don't do digital and have no real interest in this product, but it certainly looks, if not bizarre, rather alien. Caeser floating in and out was a little bizarre, usually he sticks around longer. The number of ads one must churn through at the top of this thread is, well... Some guy calling himself 'debunker' - now that's bizarre - no real need to read his posts with that stage name. That yellow optical cable - maybe not bizarre for this product category, but definitely over wrought. Dealers bar mitzvah for their latest golden child, that's standard fare. Almost 500 posts about a product that a handful have heard or will likely hear - kinda bizarre, but it's August, Jake, things are slow.

View attachment 80808

Akasa cable is a custom request with strict parameters designed by Wadax with the technology needed for its Reference line.
It isn't available to purchase it and its technology is proprietary.
There can be little doubt about why @Debunker joined WBF, his sole mission and all posts have been about discrediting Wadax ! To the point that i had a competitor suspected as being behind the profile . :rolleyes: This post about the digital cable did not work well in that mission, i am impressed that Wadax uses a cable that in it's standard version cost over £600, customized version is most likely even more, ! If all parts are of similar high/expensive quality it would be one of the explanations for the high cost of their products.:) I do not hereby give up my right to make fun of Wadax in the future ! A $145 K product has to be able to take a few jokes !:p Back to our regular advertisers ! ;)

Reactions: plasmod3
Aye the akasa is a neutrik off the shelf cable packaged up nicely, I think thats common knowledge out there. Doesn't mean the dac is not a good dac though - just need more independent ppl to listen to it:)

I think for this level, its not about the money but more about the risk of getting schnooked. If ch came out with a dac at this level, given it's pedigree its easy to just buy it without a listen or audition...Wadax just doesn't have the orbit of well and true established brands.

It's just that in HK, expensive gear is not necessarily for the hearing but rather it is a good battle of the wallets, to show off, to get face and then having said that you can sell cow poo to a cow farmer in Hong Kong too:) Such is the feeling of living in an apartment that the only show of wealth is in things like this , jewellery, watches, art - hence the vibrant auction house scene in HK. the design of the reference certainly appeals to the asian taste:)

Reactions: wil
There can be little doubt about why @Debunker joined WBF, his sole mission and all posts have been about discrediting Wadax ! To the point that i had a competitor suspected as being behind the profile . :rolleyes: This post about the digital cable did not work well in that mission, i am impressed that Wadax uses a cable that in it's standard version cost over £600, customized version is most likely even more, ! If all parts are of similar high/expensive quality it would be one of the explanations for the high cost of their products.:) I do not hereby give up my right to make fun of Wadax in the future ! A $145 K product has to be able to take a few jokes !:p Back to our regular advertisers ! ;)
yes indeed! Surprised they used a $600 cable.

For the ch precision the power cable that links the x1 to the c1 or d1 or l1....thats a $3 cable once you take off the sleeving, the connectors are fancy but still off the shelf, Look into the c1 mono dac - the inter board - power cables there are pc component cables with simple molex connectors - nothing special.

Now thats a bit of a hit to the guts, can't believe the system can perform better with a $3 cable . Wadax has my vote on this as well for sure - impressed with them using a $600 cable

Reactions: Lagonda
yes indeed! Surprised they used a $600 cable.

For the ch precision the power cable that links the x1 to the c1 or d1 or l1....thats a $3 cable once you take off the sleeving, the connectors are fancy but still off the shelf, Look into the c1 mono dac - the inter board - power cables there are pc component cables with simple molex connectors - nothing special.

Now thats a bit of a hit to the guts, can't believe the system can perform better with a $3 cable . Wadax has my vote on this as well for sure - impressed with them using a $600 cable
There are distributor in Aussie, get one and tell us the truth mate.

Haha yes Peter wasn't happy for me to trial it out that's for sure. I did ask even offering him more $$ if it worked out so I can be sure before I buy. Australia's always a bit like that... no such thing as having a demo... It's either you buy it or you can wait to hear it next to the pearly gates. Each option less palatable that the first

Haha yes Peter wasn't happy for me to trial it out that's for sure. I did ask even offering him more $$ if it worked out so I can be sure before I buy. Australia's always a bit like that... no such thing as having a demo... It's either you buy it or you can wait to hear it next to the pearly gates. Each option less palatable that the first
Yeah true… lack of confidence

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing