Newbie consideration, Technics or Kuzma?

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
the technics has the high-torque motor so that brighter tuned cartridge can quickly sound thinner and more unnatural. a good match was always dynavector or emt cartridge because they sound fuller in the lower midrange and bass. exsample emt with technics have real punch makes real fun.
Hello

That is very funny because I like listen EMT cartridges. I have never heard dynavector...

Thanks

Reactions: DasguteOhr

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Hello

That is very funny because I like listen EMT cartridges. I have never heard dynavector...

Thanks
My pleasure, i would recommend a dynavector xx 2mk II low with 1:20 sut arround 120ohm at 47 kiloohm input runs perfect. if you listen to it for several days, you will find many other cartridges uncomfortable. that's how it was for me anyway, a whole hard drug that's hard to get rid of.

Reactions: hongkongfoufou

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
My pleasure, i would recommend a dynavector xx 2mk II low with 1:20 sut arround 120ohm at 47 kiloohm input runs perfect. if you listen to it for several days, you will find many other cartridges uncomfortable. that's how it was for me anyway, a whole hard drug that's hard to get rid of.
Thanks again...and very funny because a friend talks me to buy Dynavector DV DRT XV-1s...

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Good choice thumbs up .same setting with sut. my tipp vtf 1.95-1.97g measured at platter with lp height;)

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
the technics has the high-torque motor so that brighter tuned cartridge can quickly sound thinner and more unnatural. a good match was always dynavector or emt cartridge because they sound fuller in the lower midrange and bass. exsample emt with technics have real punch makes real fun.
This is the difference between belt and direct drive...

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Good choice thumbs up .same setting with sut. my tipp vtf 1.95-1.97g measured at platter with lp height;)
I don't know if I will buy it.
I think I don't need SUT. I have an Accuphase C47.
Thanks again.

Glenn1234

Oct 3, 2021
what would be the best turntable between kuzma stabi r with kuzma 4point arm or a dr feickert blackbird with the same arm i cant here them side by side

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing