Not too many Acoustic Signature owners here?

Odd Harry

May 31, 2022
I use plutonium silencers to get that extra sound energy out of the platter…
Works great - and I don’t need any extra light in the room - the platter is emitting all the light necessary for changing records..

/ Jk
Pictures we need Pictures. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K

Odd Harry

May 31, 2022

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Coming soooon ? :p ! Am at work now but will take some pics when I get home.., hehe..
They are X-ray pictures i guess ! Björn Haglund can help you measure when it is time to change the Plutonium rods ! He specializes in nuclear reactor measurement as well as audio repair in Sweden ! ;)

• Haha

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
I use plutonium silencers to get that extra sound energy out of the platter…
Breaking news:
@Johan K is arrested by the police upon request by nuclear energy commission.

He was trying to take a picture of a turntable when police broken into the house. After initial interrogation by local authorities it was announced that he said “all I want to get a better sound”. :)

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Breaking news:

He was trying to take a picture of a turntable when police broken into the house. After initial interrogation by local authorities it was announced that he said “all I want to get a better sound”.
The only thing you can get arrested for in Sweden, is not being a feminist ! :rolleyes: Everything else only gives you a stern talking to !;)

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Breaking news:

He was trying to take a picture of a turntable when police broken into the house. After initial interrogation by local authorities it was announced that he said “all I want to get a better sound”. :)
Actually I sliped out of custody with the help of some friends ( not that hard to do that in Sweden nowadays (if you seen the news :p )), and is back and still at work lifting delicate stuff at a very secret facility.
But even more secret pics of my upgraded plutonium platter is coming. Got some very interesting new technique that goes into that platter that l will reveal aswell. So stay tuned for an atomic update in the near future, hehe?!

/ Jk
IMG_7745.jpeg

Last edited:

jonaiken

VIP/Donor
Jan 22, 2017
Washington, DC
As I've mentioned before, I use the Synergistic Research UEF record mat, so once the turntable is assembled I will never even see the silencers, so corrosion would never be an issue (I also live in a very dry climate.)

Regardless, I can't make any moves until I find out more on my issues and whether they are common to the Ascona NEO as well or just the Montana NEOs I've tried.
BillK - Understand, obviously you like the Synergistic Research mat over the AS mat. What improvements are you hearing? I actually own the SR mat and will do a comparison this weekend and give my opinion.

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
BillK - Understand, obviously you like the Synergistic Research mat over the AS mat. What improvements are you hearing? I actually own the SR mat and will do a comparison this weekend and give my opinion.

Wider soundstage with more depth.

Certainly worth a try as there's always a 30 day money-back guarantee on their products if you can't just borrow one from your dealer.

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Pictures we need Pictures. :)
Well here it is - The Ascona Pluto? :D :p!

The A-S Ascona Neo with the one of a kind upgraded platter with high energy polished plutonium silencer’s. The sandwich layer in between is now made of a complete new element to handle the somewhat toxic silencer’s. It is specially made here in my back yard - in my super-high-energy research lab.
The element is called?: Pluabsorbuim, with atomic number 188. Due to it’s dubble up in atoms in the core, campare to plutonium, it will equal the radiation and absorb the rays from the silencer’s to zero. The platter will glow because of the high energy within the platter, but will be unharm to change records on, due to the amount of Pluabsorbium in the sandwich section.

The sound… the plutonium sound… - well… It is to good to comprehend… I’d say it is the ninth dimension sound from another universe, where you loose time and space when listen to it.

Behold and enjoy;)!

/ Jk

AllGlowing.jpeg Glowing.jpeg

Last edited:

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Actually I sliped out of custody with the help of some friends ( not that hard to do that in Sweden nowadays (if you seen the news :p )), and is back and still at work lifting delicate stuff at a very secret facility.
But even more secret pics of my upgraded plutonium platter is coming. Got some very interesting new technique that goes into that platter that l will reveal aswell. So stay tuned for an atomic update in the near future, hehe?!

/ Jk
View attachment 107725
I heard about that escape in the Danish news. So the guy was serving a 2,5 year sentence for the murder of a innocent bystander at a gang retaliation, but decided 2,5 years was to long without his favorite hip-hop tv channels. o_O He was liberated by 2 armed friends wearing masks while he was visiting a non prison dentist ?:eek: You gotta love Sweden !

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
I heard about that escape in the Danish news. So the guy was serving a 2,5 year sentence for the murder of a innocent bystander at a gang retaliation, but decided 2,5 years was to long without his favorite hip-hop tv channels. o_O He was liberated by 2 armed friends wearing masks while he was visiting a non prison dentist ?:eek: You gotta love Sweden !
Yes Sir, if you like to work as a criminal, Sweden is the place to be apparently, sorry to say:confused:. The WORLD would be a much better place if everybody got their self a good system and became audiophiles.:).

Last edited:

BillK

Aug 25, 2015

The A-S Ascona Neo with the one of a kind upgraded platter with high energy polished plutonium silencer’s. The sandwich layer in between is now made of a complete new element to handle the somewhat toxic silencer’s. It is specially made here in my back yard - in my super-high-energy research lab.
The element is called?: Pluabsorbuim, with atomic number 188. Due to it’s dubble up in atoms in the core, campare to plutonium, it will equal the radiation and absorb the rays from the silencer’s to zero. The platter will glow because of the high energy within the platter, but will be unharm to change records on, due to the amount of Pluabsorbium in the sandwich section.

The sound… the plutonium sound… - well… It is to good to comprehend… I’d say it is the ninth dimension sound from another universe, where you loose time and space when listen to it.

Behold and enjoy;)!

/ Jk

View attachment 107749 View attachment 107750

Problem is, it keeps melting any LPs placed on the platter… ;)

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Johan!

• Love

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain

Behold and enjoy;)!

/ Jk

View attachment 107749 View attachment 107750
Awesome......would you like to mix with my Uranium dusting powder and a bit of H2O ? :cool:

• Haha

Odd Harry

May 31, 2022
My Ascona NEO has arrived E1DB33D5-0379-4A14-A66B-6BEE4F2ED5FC.jpeg 2D2B870C-8FD8-4897-B62C-EC54C2CFDD9B.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing