Not too many Acoustic Signature owners here?

2fastdriving

Jan 19, 2023
Thank you so much! Mine is 2022 serial. I hope mine comes with the hidden brass inlays?
Well I don't think there are any hidden ones. If you can't see it on the side of your platter, then I believe you have the older platter. But, you paid less for the overall table.

You might want to discuss with your dealer if you don't have the one with brass showing on the side. Maybe you can still upgrade to that if desired. I have no idea of the sound differences, to be honest!

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Inlays or not - the Ascona will sound amazing any how, but the mass difference must for sure have a sonic impact, to the more dark and damped spectrum. But that is only my thoughts on this. I’ve not heard the two side by side, so it’s hard to tell.

/ Jk

jonaiken

VIP/Donor
Jan 22, 2017
Washington, DC
Thanks 2fastdriving for the information. The question still exists will they give us a trade-in credit for the old platter when acquiring or upgrading to the Invictus Platter? I would love to do it but struggling with a 11k for a platter - and it is not about affordability.

Reactions: Johan K

2fastdriving

Jan 19, 2023
Thanks 2fastdriving for the information. The question still exists will they give us a trade-in credit for the old platter when acquiring or upgrading to the Invictus Platter? I would love to do it but struggling with a 11k for a platter - and it is not about affordability.
I have no idea what is possible if you already have a table, you should definitely talk to your dealer and see what they can do for you. If you find something out, let us know!

jonaiken

VIP/Donor
Jan 22, 2017
Washington, DC
I have no idea what is possible if you already have a table, you should definitely talk to your dealer and see what they can do for you. If you find something out, let us know!
Will do. Thanks again

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Will do. Thanks again
Dear jonaiken,

I have to ask a (maybe dumb) question…
I live in Sweden where all the tax and fee’s are included in the final price - food, hardware, software, everything - ALWAYS.

The $11K for the upgrade Invictus platter, does that includs everything, tax and fee’s, or does that come above the $11K price in the USA? And in that case, what would the final price actually be? Very curious about this.

Thank you!

All the best

/ Johan

jonaiken

VIP/Donor
Jan 22, 2017
Washington, DC
Dear jonaiken,

I have to ask a (maybe dumb) question…
I live in Sweden where all the tax and fee’s are included in the final price - food, hardware, software, everything - ALWAYS.

The $11K for the upgrade Invictus platter, does that includs everything, tax and fee’s, or does that come above the $11K price in the USA? And in that case, what would the final price actually be? Very curious about this.

Thank you!

All the best

/ Johan
Johan, the 11k excludes sales tax but my dealer normally gives me a discount that absorbs taxes, delivery cost and makes it more attractive for me to purchase. So normally my end price will be at least 10 - 15% percent lower than list price.

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Johan, the 11k excludes sales tax but my dealer normally gives me a discount that absorbs taxes, delivery cost and makes it more attractive for me to purchase. So normally my end price will be at least 10 - 15% percent lower than list price.
Thank you jonaiken, for that great explaination. So in your area, what is the normal sales tax on electronic equipment?

I’m happy for you to hear that you have a good relationchip with your dealer. I think it’s very important to have that, when one is to buy this kind of jewels. My own dealer has been absolutly fantastic to me, and has helped me a lot through the years. Regarding my purchase of the Ascona - he was truly amazing. He fixed a lot of stuff - much more then he actually needed to, but he did that just to make me 1000% sure of my investment.
I think I’m very lucky to have his support.

All the best

/ Jk

Odd Harry

May 31, 2022
I have planned invest in a turntable nr 2 to my system and been looking at Montana NEO with a TA 7000 NEO tonearm as i have one already on
my Avid Acutus Dark and i am very happy with the arm and the combination using Van Den Hul Colibri Grand Cru cartridge. After hearing the experience on this forum on Montana / Ascona NEO i have decided to go for Ascona NEO with optional Invictus NEO sandwich platter, the price difference is approx. 10K or 100.000 Norwegian Krones. there is no hidden brass layer on standard Ascona NEO platter, and it will not fit on Montana NEO. Montana NEO platter is (Ø 310 x 50 mm) and Ascona NEO platter is (Ø 335 x 50 mm) for the extra cost for me to go for Ascona NEO compared to Montana NEO i need to do a compromise so i will use the TA 7000 NEO on the Ascona NEO and by a TA 2000 NEO to use on the Acutus. I will not have the Ascona NEO before mid-June i hope to post some picture then.

OHS

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
I have planned invest in a turntable nr 2 to my system and been looking at Montana NEO with a TA 7000 NEO tonearm as i have one already on
my Avid Acutus Dark and i am very happy with the arm and the combination using Van Den Hul Colibri Grand Cru cartridge. After hearing the experience on this forum on Montana / Ascona NEO i have decided to go for Ascona NEO with optional Invictus NEO sandwich platter, the price difference is approx. 10K or 100.000 Norwegian Krones. there is no hidden brass layer on standard Ascona NEO platter, and it will not fit on Montana NEO. Montana NEO platter is (Ø 310 x 50 mm) and Ascona NEO platter is (Ø 335 x 50 mm) for the extra cost for me to go for Ascona NEO compared to Montana NEO i need to do a compromise so i will use the TA 7000 NEO on the Ascona NEO and by a TA 2000 NEO to use on the Acutus. I will not have the Ascona NEO before mid-June i hope to post some picture then.

OHS

God Afton Odd Harry,

Congratulations!
And welcome to the Ascona Neo club ;) . I can guarantee that you will not be disapointed. The Ascona Neo is double up in performance compared to the Montana. It is much more quiet overall, and it is a much more meatier and fuller sound. It’s definitely worth to go with the heavier platter even though the price tag is quite hefty. The heavy platter is almost completely free from resonances, which contributes to a blacker background and a more lively, air’y sound. The drive, the force in the bass and the tight fast respons from the Ascona is amazing. The smile on the lipps and the whaaoo’s is never far away…:D.

Hope we will see some nice pics from you when the TT arrive and some nice reviews on how it goes through the setup procedure and so forth. First impression on how you find the sound is always intresting to hear about. So I’ll guess we all looking forward to hear about your coming updates. Well done;)!

All the best

/ Jk

Reactions: hogen and Odd Harry

Odd Harry

May 31, 2022
God Afton Odd Harry,

Congratulations!
And welcome to the Ascona Neo club ;) . I can guarantee that you will not be disapointed. The Ascona Neo is double up in performance compared to the Montana. It is much more quiet overall, and it is a much more meatier and fuller sound. It’s definitely worth to go with the heavier platter even though the price tag is quite hefty. The heavy platter is almost completely free from resonances, which contributes to a blacker background and a more lively, air’y sound. The drive, the force in the bass and the tight fast respons from the Ascona is amazing. The smile on the lipps and the whaaoo’s is never far away…:D.

Hope we will see some nice pics from you when the TT arrive and some nice reviews on how it goes through the setup procedure and so forth. First impression on how you find the sound is always intresting to hear about. So I’ll guess we all looking forward to hear about your coming updates. Well done;)!

All the best

/ Jk
God Kveld Johan

Thank you, yes i look forward to get the Ascona NEO i have been looking at this turntable for a while and some others as well but in the end it needed to be a Ascona NEO Yes i will post some pictures and come with update about how i like the sound etc

Best regards OHS

• Love
Reactions: hogen and Johan K

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
God Kveld Johan

Thank you, yes i look forward to get the Ascona NEO i have been looking at this turntable for a while and some others as well but in the end it needed to be a Ascona NEO Yes i will post some pictures and come with update about how i like the sound etc

Best regards OHS
Hej Odd Harry,

Låter spännande! Sounds Amazing!
Can’t wait to hear about your impressions.
Did you choose black or silver?

Another thing btw: You will be amazed how good the TA-2000 arm sounds. I had the TA-2000 9” arm here together with the A-S Typhoon, and the performance was great.
Did already order the TA-2000 arm, and in that case, did you order the 9” or the 12” arm?
Many questions at once maybe - but I’m getting exited for you, haha.

/ Jk

Reactions: hogen and Odd Harry

Odd Harry

May 31, 2022
Hej Odd Harry,

Låter spännande! Sounds Amazing!
Can’t wait to hear about your impressions.
Did you choose black or silver?

Another thing btw: You will be amazed how good the TA-2000 arm sounds. I had the TA-2000 9” arm here together with the A-S Typhoon, and the performance was great.
Did already order the TA-2000 arm, and in that case, did you order the 9” or the 12” arm?
Many questions at once maybe - but I’m getting exited for you, haha.

/ Jk
Hei Johan
I choice Black Ascona Neo and Black TA 2000 NEO i went for 9 inch as it will be used on Avid Acutus and it only take 9 inch arms, i have only heard good things about the TA 2000 NEO arm so we will see, but yes i think it i a very good arm to the price tag it will arrive same time as the Ascona NEO

Best regards OHS

Reactions: hogen and Johan K

Odd Harry

May 31, 2022
Hi Odd Harry,

Sounds great! Once again, congratulations ;) . I’ll talk to you soon, okay.

/ Jk
Thank you
Yes talk again soon
Best regards OHS

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
i have decided to go for Ascona NEO with optional Invictus NEO sandwich platter, the price difference is approx. 10K or 100.000 Norwegian Krones. there is no hidden brass layer on standard Ascona NEO platter, and it will not fit on Montana NEO. Montana

I'm surprised by that; in the US the MSRP price difference between the Montana NEO and Ascona NEO is $16K.

Odd Harry

May 31, 2022
I'm surprised by that; in the US the MSRP price difference between the Montana NEO and Ascona NEO is $16K.
Hi , Maybe i was not to clear , the difference in prise was on standard platter to uppgraded platter on Ascona , between Montana and Ascona with standard platter in Norway is 205.000 krones about 20.000 US Dollar
Regards Odd Harry

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Dear BillK,

I think Odd Harry refers to the price difference between the orginal platter and the Invictus platter as an option price differance and not the difference between the Montana and the Ascona turntables them selfs.

I payed the similar price for my Invictus platter upgrade on my Ascona Neo… then I payed some more for the extra tonearm bases, and some other bling bling stuff, but that’s another story, haha.

Hope that clarified some things.

/ Jk

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing