Official Thread to Report Bugs, Concerns or Suggestions With The New Site Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Looks like someone turned off the spam filter.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Steve, I have a very lovely ppicture of the VPI room featura the lovely Wilson ALEXX. For some reason it is deemed to large. Any suggestions?

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Edit it to reduce the pixels.

jackelsson

Dec 1, 2013
.de
Hi Steve, sorry to abuse this thread, but I want to make sure that picture posting works for me before I start my first new thread after the change. Please feel absolutely free to delete this post immediately.

Testbild_1200px.jpg

_mg_6423_OL-Conqueror_1200px.jpg

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I have noticed that one of the 'bugs' that used to be on the old site, remains on the new one..:(
That 'bug' is always annoying to me...and its this: IF I am logged in, for some reason I cannot view the particular thread that I may either be currently on before logging in, or if I am logged in on another device, same issue. In order to view the entire site, and all threads on the New posts or Latest activity tag, I need to be actually logged out. Anyone else have this 'glitch'?

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Never had that problem Davey nor has anyone reported the same

Interesting. Steve, I have had this issue since almost the beginning of the forum. I just got used to it, but since we are discussing forum issues, I thought I would bring it up. Probably a browser issue, as I am mostly using Safari ( both at home and mobile) and these types of things are common from browser to browser. OTOH, it does surprise me that no one else has mentioned it. ( I doubt I'm the only Safari user, LOL)
Any ideas at admin what could be the fix?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Edit it to reduce the pixels.

are you talking about attaching an image? If so you can attach it as a thumbnail or full size

If you have a Mac and want to resize.......

Image result for how to resize images on my mac
Method 1 Resizing an Image in Preview
Navigate to the image you wish to resize. ...
Drag the image to the Preview icon in the Dock or Finder. ...
Click the edit button (a square with a pencil) to switch to Edit Mode. ...
Click the “Tools” menu and select “Adjust Size”.
Change the resolution.

If you have a PC ...

https://www.wikihow.com/Resize-a-JPEG

or

Add your image by drag-'n-drop or Menu > Open (Ctrl+O). On Home tab find the button Resize and click it. You'll see the Resize and Skew box, where you can change picture size by percentage if don't know or have an exact figure.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
If one subscribes to a thread and visits that thread shouldn't the alert that indicates there has been a new post in that thread go away? Why do I have to actually click on the alter for it to disappear? By disappear I mean the red number indicator on the bell.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I go to the bell first to see the latest. Then the red number alert will disappear, always.
But I see your point. ...Nice avatar. :cool:

That was an long-exposure shot I took in Juneau.

Thanks!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
If one subscribes to a thread and visits that thread shouldn't the alert that indicates there has been a new post in that thread go away? Why do I have to actually click on the alter for it to disappear? By disappear I mean the red number indicator on the bell.
you have to read the post to make the red go away. Other things to consider is that there may be red still seen because your thread may be in a forum that has other threads in which there are responses. So for me it is very easy

I always read New Posts first and read the ones want. Anything I'm not interested in and to avoid it I merely "mark forums read" and the red will go away

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
you have to read the post to make the red go away. Other things to consider is that there may be red still seen because your thread may be in a forum that has other threads in which there are responses. So for me it is very easy

I always read New Posts first and read the ones want. Anything I'm not interested in and to avoid it I merely "mark forums read" and the red will go away

Steve, reading the post doesn’t not make the alert go away. The only make to it go away it to click on the alert. For example, I am responding to your post which created an alert but the alert is stil there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing