Official Thread to Report Bugs, Concerns or Suggestions With The New Site Platform

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I just checked post #4 from the link you provided.
Yes you do have two pics per file and it did work.
My guess is the resolution of the files (the size); perhaps those other files were just smaller enough to fit?

I did try to cut one file (with two shots) right @ the edge of the speakers, but it was still too large; that's when I separated the two pictures.
My composite pictures are not too large. I never exceed 1.2 MB (I always compress my images). The image posted here, for example, is 1.5 MB:

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/keithrs-dream-speaker-search.27069/page-10#post-554162

I guess the problem is that the images that I want to post are composite (even though the end result is simple jpeg files). The old composite images were transferred from the old WBF, but now I cannot use the system anymore.

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Before I was using my tablet. Now I just opened my laptop to try Steve's method...dragging the picture file to my desktop.
But first I tried to copy the URL picture file, then I pasted it and the result is above...it works perfectly.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 8.38.39 PM.png

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Ok, I just posted on my system thread, but decided not to post composite images as such after all, but as links. That way they open in a larger window for better legibility of the text (somehow the text size seemed to work better in the old WBF format).

Yet thanks again, Bob!

Also, thanks Steve and Ack for your suggestions.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
I have one suggestion; If you're going to have emoticons, can you increase the number from only 12? Just makes expressions very limited & not really fit for purpose.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing