Official Thread to Report Bugs, Concerns or Suggestions With The New Site Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I just checked post #4 from the link you provided.
Yes you do have two pics per file and it did work.
My guess is the resolution of the files (the size); perhaps those other files were just smaller enough to fit?

I did try to cut one file (with two shots) right @ the edge of the speakers, but it was still too large; that's when I separated the two pictures.

My composite pictures are not too large. I never exceed 1.2 MB (I always compress my images). The image posted here, for example, is 1.5 MB:

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/keithrs-dream-speaker-search.27069/page-10#post-554162

I guess the problem is that the images that I want to post are composite (even though the end result is simple jpeg files). The old composite images were transferred from the old WBF, but now I cannot use the system anymore.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Before I was using my tablet. Now I just opened my laptop to try Steve's method...dragging the picture file to my desktop.
But first I tried to copy the URL picture file, then I pasted it and the result is above...it works perfectly.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Oh, how did you do that?

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 8.38.39 PM.png

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Genius, Bob! Thanks so much for your time and help!!

Like I said above; copy the URL address file of your picture, then paste it by using the small picture logo above the post, and choosing the URL option (not the file attachment option).

Reactions: NorthStar

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Ok, I just posted on my system thread, but decided not to post composite images as such after all, but as links. That way they open in a larger window for better legibility of the text (somehow the text size seemed to work better in the old WBF format).

Yet thanks again, Bob!

Also, thanks Steve and Ack for your suggestions.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
I have one suggestion; If you're going to have emoticons, can you increase the number from only 12? Just makes expressions very limited & not really fit for purpose.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I have to mention this: Congratulations big time to what's best forum website design and features.
It is truly the best design and with fantastic features of all the other forums I frequent from the entire Internet. So to the architect and team...chapeau (hihat).

And it works fast, displays fabulous, the ergonomics efficient, grows more and more with appreciation of its content and its people.

* A Dark mode would be cool. It helps with our eyes.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I've told a friend last week on how fantastic the WBF site's design plus all the fantastic features working admirably...way above most all other audio forums.
He's a smart man that friend, very.
He said to me: "Bob just told them."
I said: "I will."

So that's what I just did.

I could easily describe the awesome features, but I think that people are realizing more and more for themselves. Sometimes it's better without words. And other times few.

* Regarding a "Dark Mode"; that would be the ultimate. It's only a simple suggestive feedback.
Right now I'm totally amazed and satisfied (99%). The 1% missing (for me) is a Dark Mode.
And I know many people who also prefer...it's one of the very best options some special places offer...like Google Chrome just recently.

Best cheers to you Julian and the fantastic work on display.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Go here https://rennlist.com/forums/

And then to a forum

They use smart scroll...no having to change pages. I suggested this with the original change. Was told can't do
Well if they can do it with their amount of users and picture bandwidth I think it would be a huge asset to the WBF site

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Go here https://rennlist.com/forums/

And then to a forum

They use smart scroll...no having to change pages. I suggested this with the original change. Was told can't do
Well if they can do it with their amount of users and picture bandwidth I think it would be a huge asset to the WBF site

They are using a totally different platform as compared to what we use.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Is the forum having a Chinese retaliation?

admin1959

THE FIXER (I build websites)
Mar 27, 2010
Indeed. If we add a delay and moderation, the forum becomes unworkable. I think members expect better than that.

And why me, Steve manage the forum with our time. There isn't really a script to avoid this kind of thing.

I have delete the threads in General Forum, if you spot any more, please PM me.

Thanks guys.

Julian

Reactions: tima

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
It's the price of a free and open forum (+1) - of allowing participation immediately upon registration.

Microstrip and Marc registered many years ago, micro is a founding member

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Dear Steve and Admin,

Suggestion:

Show links underlined as the default behavior for a link in WBF. There are lots of good reasons to do this and they all come down to making a link clearly visible for all users.

Below is an excerpt from a recent message on this topic taken from a thread where links were posted but not easily seen: In that previous sentence I intentionally underlined the link (the word 'message') . The suggestion is to have the forum software do this automatically.

Tablets (which I use to browse in the living room) and presumably phones (don't have one) don't have a cursor except in editing, even with a stylus. Showing a link when the cursor is upon it presumes the existence of a cursor. Relying on visual contrast is immoderate design nowadays and ADA non-compliant. In WBF code it is easy to change the default for how a link appears. I'll make a suggestion to change it.

I don't know what others see but in Firefox (latest) WBF links are not obvious in either my android tablet or my win7 main computer.

Thank you for your consideration,
tima

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Dear Steve and Admin,

Suggestion:

Show links underlined as the default behavior for a link in WBF. There are lots of good reasons to do this and they all come down to making a link clearly visible for all users.

Below is an excerpt from a recent message on this topic taken from a thread where links were posted but not easily seen: In that previous sentence I intentionally underlined the link (the word 'message') . The suggestion is to have the forum software do this automatically.

I don't know what others see but in Firefox (latest) WBF links are not obvious in either my android tablet or my win7 main computer.

Thank you for your consideration,
tima
good idea Tim

i forwarded this to Julian to see if we can make that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing