Ordering a Bokrand Tonearm

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Alfred has asked if I am satisfied with the arm. Yes I am satisfied with the arm. And yes he got on the move after I posted on forums. He asked that I post, and I have no issue saying I don't believe he has any nefarious motives at all.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Glad it worked out in the end.

This thread seems to have helped expedite an overly-long fulfillment for your order, which needed to happen. That said, if you believe Bokrand to be without "nefarious" motive it might make sense to ask moderators to change the title to something more on topic like 'very long delay from Bokrand'. I only chime in because from here to digital eternity anyone browsing threads will see the title ( Do not order from... ) and may not read through to the end. Just my 2c

dave slagle

Apr 9, 2020
myemia.com

This thread seems to have helped expedite an overly-long fulfillment for your order, which needed to happen. That said, if you believe Bokrand to be without "nefarious" motive it might make sense to ask moderators to change the title to something more on topic like 'very long delay from Bokrand'. I only chime in because from here to digital eternity anyone browsing threads will see the title ( Do not order from... ) and may not read through to the end. Just my 2c
I agree... I received my arm in a timely manner and three friends have also receiver theirs.

dave

Reactions: je2a3 and wbass

alfredbokrand

Jan 9, 2022
Antequera Spain

I honestly admitted that it was my fault and that I forgot about jeremy. However, after July 25, 2021, Jeremy did not get back to me. From August I had to move to a new house and rebuild my workshop as I am 72 years and live alone, it all took almost 3 months. During this time everything went haywire for me. If Jeremy had written to me during this time, I would have apologized to him immediately, as I did now, and sent the tonearm immediately.
Who is without mistakes, throw the first stone. No one is perfect. Jeremy didn't contact me after July 25th (it could have been an illness with me or something else), but opened a thread here, which gives the impression awakened, I would be incorrect. Unfortunately, my other 400-500 or so satisfied customers all over the world are not mentioned here
(I've been selling my tonearms since 2013)

baltaman

Oct 25, 2020
I'd like to add my experience with Alfred's tonearms at this place, since I think that the thread's title is dramatically misleading.

Having noticed the very positive postings of Bokrand AS-309 owners, I ordered a 12" J-shaped AS-309 via Alfred's ebay shop a couple of months ago. Some days after the order was placed he came through by Email to fix the colour options. I could choose between silver, brass or vintage brunished finishings for the bearing housing and the two counterweights. Who else in the market offers that flexibility to customize the looks of a tonearm without additional charge?
I submitted my colour choice and didn't hear anything for some 12 weeks until the package arrived.
Since the counterweight's were not in brass finishing as ordered but in silver, I started a new conversation and without discussion received an additional brass finished pair of counterweights some days (maybe a month?) later. Extremely correct business practices.

Finally, the arm sounds just great. I run it with my DL103s and classic SPUs and it does not fall behind a 3012 being completely refurbished by ATA. (I am friends with Robert and a fan of his SME tweaks and SUTs.)
I expect the arrival of a Garrard 301 with Stefano Bertoncello's bearing, his Panzerholz platter and a Schick 12" Arm. I think the Bokrand won't have to step back into second row...

All in all, Alfred manufactures a very decent tonearm for low compliance carts with a more than attractive price tag and great options for customization.

Best regards
Steffen

je2a3

Apr 25, 2020
north of philly
jelabs.blogspot.com
I'm a happy owner of Bokrand tonearms and would like to share pictures + my experience dealing with Alfred.

My AS309 on a TD124.

My Garrard 401 + AB309

I also ordered an AB309 for my cousin's 301.

All transactions were via eBay between late 2019 and late 2021. On the average, it took 2 months for Alfred to deliver.

IMHO, Alfred's tonearms compare very favorably with my original Ortofon RMG309, the RMG309i above and SME 3012.

wbass

Jul 12, 2020
I'm a happy owner of Bokrand tonearms and would like to share pictures + my experience dealing with Alfred.

My AS309 on a TD124.

My Garrard 401 + AB309

I also ordered an AB309 for my cousin's 301.

All transactions were via eBay between late 2019 and late 2021. On the average, it took 2 months for Alfred to deliver.

IMHO, Alfred's tonearms compare very favorably with my original Ortofon RMG309, the RMG309i above and SME 3012.
Classy set-ups!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Don't change the name of the thread. This thread is great for marketing his arm if you guys want to help him. Look how many positive feedbacks about the quality of the arm are presented. Folsom shows what was happening and potential buyers should be happy knowing what could involve. Good. Cheap. Possible hiccups.

Reactions: bonzo75

greenwoodamplifiers

Mar 29, 2022
des moines
www.rpmdsm.com
Hello, this is my first post on this forum... I ordered from Alfred 9 weeks ago and have not heard or received anything... 5 days ago I sent him an email politely asking how he was doing and if there were updates on the status of my tonearm, I got no reply... all I am doing here is looking for Alfred. i would like to make sure he is okay and that my tonearm is still on its way or that my order form didn't "fall behind the desk" . I will try and contact him by email again today.... if anyone has any info or story of recently receiving a tonearm i would appreciate it...

sincerely,
Looking for Alfred

alfredbokrand

Jan 9, 2022
Antequera Spain
Hello, this is my first post on this forum... I ordered from Alfred 9 weeks ago and have not heard or received anything... 5 days ago I sent him an email politely asking how he was doing and if there were updates on the status of my tonearm, I got no reply... all I am doing here is looking for Alfred. i would like to make sure he is okay and that my tonearm is still on its way or that my order form didn't "fall behind the desk" . I will try and contact him by email again today.... if anyone has any info or story of recently receiving a tonearm i would appreciate it...

sincerely,
Looking for Alfred
I'm sorry to hear that. Something went wrong when I moved to a new house, the whole thing took 3 months and I first had to set up my workshop again. With 10-12 emails a day, it can happen that I get a Forget.did you order the tonearm directly from me (please give me your email address so I can find it) or did you order it from Ebay?

my email

alfredbokrand@yahoo.de

adrianywu

Nov 15, 2021
I have been having the same problem reaching Alfred. He must be having problem with his E-mail. I only ordered mine in early March, but he told me there is a turnaround time of 20 working days. I just hope he has not forgotten my order.

alfredbokrand

Jan 9, 2022
Antequera Spain
Dear Adrian,

what is this public reminder about. You wrote to me on Mon, Apr 11 at 04:04 and I replied to you on Mon, Apr 11 at 09:25
Even ebay needs 48 hours for an answer. What you write here is untrue and between customer and seller it has no place in forums. You give the impression here that I don't answer emails, which is not true can prove that with your and my email, because I always save all emails.I'm seriously considering not offering any more tonearms if I have customers like this. These tonearms are my hobby. I'm 73 years old and I like doing it because otherwise it would be boring without a nice task in life. But I don't have to do it. Where you can get an Ortofon 12" tonearm for so little money. All Ortofon 12" tonearms cost well over 1,000 euros to 2,200 euros. I've been selling these tonearms since 2013 and have never increased the price. Over the years I've made many upgrades that save me money cost, but have not increased the price. According to the many feedbacks from my customers, my tonearms are among the best 12" tonearms in the world here feedback from Robin Wyatt

I'm seriously considering not offering any more tonearms if I have customers like this. These tonearms are my hobby. I'm 73 years old and I like doing it because otherwise it would be boring without a nice task in life. But I don't have to do it. Where you can get an Ortofon 12" tonearm for so little money. All Ortofon 12" tonearms cost well over 1,000 euros to 2,200 euros. I've been selling these tonearms since 2013 and have never increased the price. Over the years I've made many upgrades that save me money cost, but have not increased the price. According to the many feedbacks from my customers, my tonearms are among the best 12" tonearms in the world here feedback from Robin Wyatt

It is in an aftermarket VTA tower made for the Groovmaster IIti that was on the table before your arm.

I will not going back to the GM!!! Only my $11,000 Glanz MH124 is superior and​

not by $10,000!​

I am thrilled at this arms performance richness of tone is it's major strong point.​

Bass is tight super extended and the too end extended and sweet.​

No ringing or tonal artifacts with this arm.​

Vocals are on par with the best of the best. Rich defined and harmonical.​

Thank you sir. Well done!​

Robin Wyatt

Miyajima Labs USA importer.​

and here from an Italian expert on the subject

Dear mr. Bokrand, I gave myself some time to make sure I wasn’t too hasty in judging. After many hours of listening to my favorite records, which I know very well, I can say that your arm holds up very well the comparison with my beloved SME 3012R, indeed, with the Ortofon SPU is superior in clarity, dynamics (!!!), soundness of bass...
Thanks for everything
Massimo Longoni
______________________________________________​

• Love
Reactions: rando

adrianywu

Nov 15, 2021
I want to clarify. I had not been able to get my messages through to Alfred for two weeks from my usual Hotmail address. When I switched to my Gmail account, he replied right away. Therefore, he was not ignoring my messages, but most probably his ISP has been rejecting all my messages. This sometimes happens when there are a lot of phishing messages from the same domain. Many phishing messages use Hotmail addresses. I didn't mean to suggest Alfred has been ignoring my messages. If people have trouble getting a reply, try using a different email account.

adrianywu

Nov 15, 2021
Moderators, seems a correction to this thread's subject is in order. We all know few read to the end.

How about "All's well with Bokrand?" or similar?
Yes, agreed. Does the original poster need to change the title ?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing