Ordering a Bokrand Tonearm

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I am ok with “Ordering a Bokrand Tonearm” for a title. I cannot edit it.

It is interesting that email filters appear to be an issue. Maybe that is a larger issue that must be addressed.

alfredbokrand

Jan 9, 2022
Antequera Spain
I want to clarify. I had not been able to get my messages through to Alfred for two weeks from my usual Hotmail address. When I switched to my Gmail account, he replied right away. Therefore, he was not ignoring my messages, but most probably his ISP has been rejecting all my messages. This sometimes happens when there are a lot of phishing messages from the same domain. Many phishing messages use Hotmail addresses. I didn't mean to suggest Alfred has been ignoring my messages. If people have trouble getting a reply, try using a different email account.
Dear Adrian,

I'm happy that it has resolved and you're satisfied , that's always the most important thing for me.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
I am ok with “Ordering a Bokrand Tonearm” for a title. I cannot edit it.

It is interesting that email filters appear to be an issue. Maybe that is a larger issue that must be addressed.
Good afternoon, Folsom. I took care of this for you. Have a great day!

Tom

Reactions: Folsom and Leekg

adrianywu

Nov 15, 2021
Has anyone managed to get in touch with Alfred lately ? I have lost touch with him again. I hope he is OK.

knivies

Apr 6, 2022
Dear Alfred, hope you are well. I did placed an order for a tonearm in April on eBay. Sent you many message through eBay and still got no reply. Would you please provide any updates?

Leontinoi7

Apr 25, 2022
A big hug to all forum participants. I would like to ask ing Bokrand about the shipment of the arm I ordered on February 14th. Remembering that in addition to the dispute through eBay for failure to send the item, we exchanged messages in the following days, you explained to me that there were difficulties in finding the arm lifters, and (May 12) the booking was ready for shipment ... now and until today I have not known anything else, until 1 hour ago I have sent unanswered messages. I understand that you are ill but I believe that I deserve a concrete and happy outcome. I am very anxious. Vittorio

Duo(2)

Jun 13, 2022
Hi
I also have problems regarding the purchase of a Bokrand tonearm,
I ordered and pay for one on the 23/3-2022.
i had a question regarding the diameter of the mounting hole, Alfred kindly replied in a few days, but since then i have not heard anything from him, despite me reaching out severals times to him.
There are no replies.
and on ebay there is no updates on my purchase.
i fear something is wrong.
- i do hope Alfred is well, and that its just some mixup of circumstance?
B Regards Nikolaj

adrianywu

Nov 15, 2021
Hi
I also have problems regarding the purchase of a Bokrand tonearm,
I ordered and pay for one on the 23/3-2022.
i had a question regarding the diameter of the mounting hole, Alfred kindly replied in a few days, but since then i have not heard anything from him, despite me reaching out severals times to him.
There are no replies.
and on ebay there is no updates on my purchase.
i fear something is wrong.
- i do hope Alfred is well, and that its just some mixup of circumstance?
B Regards Nikolaj
I heard from Alfred about one month ago. He told me he had many orders to fulfill and he has therefore been spending most of his time building the arms, which left little time for e-mails. I paid for mine on 5 March and received it at the end of May.

Reactions: Duo(2)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I heard from Alfred about one month ago. He told me he had many orders to fulfill and he has therefore been spending most of his time building the arms, which left little time for e-mails. I paid for mine on 5 March and received it at the end of May.

How does it compare to the 3012 you have, and did you choose the 3012 over the Ikeda for your Ikeda cart?

Duo(2)

Jun 13, 2022
Alfred contacted me today via eBay
Hes illnes and the lack of Jelco lifters is the problem.
my arm should be shipped end of this week.

adrianywu

Nov 15, 2021
How does it compare to the 3012 you have, and did you choose the 3012 over the Ikeda for your Ikeda cart?
I am having an extra arm pod made for the Bokrand and so I have not yet evaluated it. It looks like a well made arm on inspection. Will let you know how I rate the arm once everything is installed. I have had the 3012 since the 1990s. I don't know whether the Ikeda was available at the time, probably just the FR tonearms. The 12" version (FR-66) was quite a bit more expensive at the time. I like the 3012 because it sounds more relaxed and flowing. I have rebuilt it since then with uninterrupted silver wiring.

Reactions: Folsom

Leontinoi7

Apr 25, 2022
Hello everybody…
with Alfred the problem of communication arises because he probably reads little e-mails ...
he is more busy with construction on the one hand and his health on the other.
it is thanks to this forum that I understand. I booked/bought his 12 "banana on February 14th. It is true that he has problems with the lifters, he would have tried to ask Rega for them, but he has foreseen problems with customs clearance ... he sent me the shipping code dated 01 June ... I only found the print of the label, he rewrites me reassuring me that the expedition was scheduled for June 6 and that the item would arrive on June 9. I checked a few minutes ago the tracking tells me that the label has been created ... no delivery and / or shipping date. I don't want to go into fibrillation.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I am having an extra arm pod made for the Bokrand and so I have not yet evaluated it. It looks like a well made arm on inspection. Will let you know how I rate the arm once everything is installed. I have had the 3012 since the 1990s. I don't know whether the Ikeda was available at the time, probably just the FR tonearms. The 12" version (FR-66) was quite a bit more expensive at the time. I like the 3012 because it sounds more relaxed and flowing. I have rebuilt it since then with uninterrupted silver wiring.
I'm interested in your feedback as well.

Leontinoi7

Apr 25, 2022
I personally exchanged some messages with Alfred, I was also waiting for a long time. He replied apologizing once again for the delay and for the lifters issue. He confessed to me that he has been in the hospital since Tuesday and that unfortunately he has orders for 30 arms to build, it's a very chaotic moment and like being part time. Fortunately, however, the time has come for me ... it has come. I only had time to give an accurate check, it is very well made in my opinion, the blank, albeit small in size, supports the new rod without yokes. I weighed the two counterweights with a good 278 grams, a screw system to block them. Another intelligent and easy-to-use system seems to me to be the adjustment of the azimuth of the cartridge. The positioning collar on the base is very simple. Three screws to be used for millimeter tightening. Honestly, it shouldn't be expected otherwise at this price level. You have to be very good at positioning the arm, then I think that the following adjustments will certainly help to make us understand all the qualities of this instrument which is talked about so well. I could realistically think of an upgrade involving the bedplate. The central Ortofon barrel has a diameter of 20 mm. I have no audio experience with 12 "tonearms and I am extremely curious to be able to make comparisons with 9" tonearms ... To a specific question of mine, Alfred was very categorical. He prefers turntables with pulley drive and long arms IMG_6950.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6955.JPG
    IMG_6955.JPG
    493.2 KB · Views: 41

musicman66

Jun 26, 2022
Hello everyone,
I have had similar experiences as yours. However, so far no delivery. But the fact that some of you have already gotten an arm gives me some hope.
I ordered on March 17th and Alfred also confirmed the payment on the same day. He had promised me a delivery time of 2 weeks. After 6 weeks, on the first of May I asked again and got a quick answer. He also told me about the problem with the arm lifts and promised to ship them the same week. Since then, my further contact attempts have remained without an answer to this day.
I really hope that Alfred's health will allow him to return to work soon. For the moment I would be happy about at least an answer to my emails...

knivies

Apr 6, 2022
Hello everyone,
I have had similar experiences as yours. However, so far no delivery. But the fact that some of you have already gotten an arm gives me some hope.
I ordered on March 17th and Alfred also confirmed the payment on the same day. He had promised me a delivery time of 2 weeks. After 6 weeks, on the first of May I asked again and got a quick answer. He also told me about the problem with the arm lifts and promised to ship them the same week. Since then, my further contact attempts have remained without an answer to this day.
I really hope that Alfred's health will allow him to return to work soon. For the moment I would be happy about at least an answer to my emails...

knivies

Apr 6, 2022
My post on 26 May stated that Alfred could be contacted via email. I have communicated with him just today, regarding to the delivery issue and still pending for the waiting. Anyway, I can assured that he is keep working on the tonearm production.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
@alfredbokrand If you would quote 4 to 6 months production time most of this thread would not be written. Just a suggestion...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing