Ordering a Bokrand Tonearm

Yes the arms are great, I love my 309 that I got last year, people have just lost confidence in the communication and delivery of the product. A few people I know have expressed interest in the arm and I have told them all the same thing “be prepared for a lengthy wait and a lot of excuses”, my brother has ordered a 10 inch and he is currently finding my words prophetic.

I have seriously thought about reporting Alfred on eBay as recommended by eBay customer service, but the potential fallout is that everyone will lose. I really do not want to be the person responsible for impacting other people losing money on their orders or impacting Alfred's livelihood.

I will give it until the end of the month after that I am walking away from the tonearm and financial loss. It's getting stressful. This is supposed to be a hobby to help you relax and not add stress :mad:.

This episode has definitely taught me a lesson. If the item is not in stock and ready to be shipped move on and look for an alternate solution regardless of the potential cost or it being a bit inferior.

Edit: Is anyone else having issues with eBay saying something went wrong while trying to send a message to Alfred?

Last edited:
I have seriously thought about reporting Alfred on eBay as recommended by eBay customer service, but the potential fallout is that everyone will lose. I really do not want to be the person responsible for impacting other people losing money on their orders or impacting Alfred's livelihood.

I will give it until the end of the month after that I am walking away from the tonearm and financial loss. It's getting stressful. This is supposed to be a hobby to help you relax and not add stress :mad:.

This episode has definitely taught me a lesson. If the item is not in stock and ready to be shipped move on and look for an alternate solution regardless of the potential cost or it being a bit inferior.

Edit: Is anyone else having issues with eBay saying something went wrong while trying to send a message to Alfred?
Why can’t you just get refunded through PayPal?

OMG.....Bonkers ! o_O :oops: :mad:
Unfortunately, I did not understand eBay's escalation process well enough to get my refund. When I opened a case eBay set 21 days as a timeline for communication and resolving the issue. During that time there was communication but it does not reset the clock after every communication :mad:. The 21 days is a hard timeline and you have to ask eBay to step in which I did not realize since I never had to escalate.

So for folks who used eBay to order and are planning to escalate pay special attention to eBay messages around questions if they need to step in before you hit that 21-day timeline.

Yes, I consider myself lucky. I didn’t understand the EBay 21 days deadline. But I received my tonearm, some 5 1/2 months after I ordered it.

Unfortunately, I did not understand eBay's escalation process well enough to get my refund. When I opened a case eBay set 21 days as a timeline for communication and resolving the issue. During that time there was communication but it does not reset the clock after every communication :mad:. The 21 days is a hard timeline and you have to ask eBay to step in which I did not realize since I never had to escalate.

So for folks who used eBay to order and are planning to escalate pay special attention to eBay messages around questions if they need to step in before you hit that 21-day timeline.
I would not of known of the EBay policy either, I am sure your post will be helpful to some others, and I truly hope you get your arm soon

Actually have a valid tracking number, 3rd or 4th time the charm;)

Estimated delivery is 28 April:cool: hope this is an indicator that Alfred is getting back on schedule, really do appreciate what he does and pray for his good health

It’s supposed to be a new brass 309 Banana arm, of course I’ll report back….

Andy

I am not getting any replies, so no dates or tracking numbers to get excited about... We'll see...

I am not getting any replies, so no dates or tracking numbers to get excited about... We'll see...
Maybe he’s actually going in some sort of sequence, my order was about 5 months ago, although he’d told me 2 weeks originally, obviously hi health issues played a part:confused:

Definitely have something coming, received a DHL delivery date via email this morning….

Hopefully he’s getting back on tack:cool:

Andy

Maybe he’s actually going in some sort of sequence, my order was about 5 months ago, although he’d told me 2 weeks originally, obviously hi health issues played a part:confused:

Definitely have something coming, received a DHL delivery date via email this morning….

Hopefully he’s getting back on tack:cool:

Andy
Mine was paid and acknowledged by Alfred on 21st of January and I was told the tonearm would be ready in a week. I have been told "in a week/next week" about a month ago too...

I am patient and am still waiting. I will continue to inform the forum.

Mine was paid and acknowledged by Alfred on 21st of January and I was told the tonearm would be ready in a week. I have been told "in a week/next week" about a month ago too...

Yep, heard that tune before :D

• Sad
Reactions: christoph
Yep, heard that tune before

:D
Mine was paid for 14.nov, last contact with Alfred 1st of april, sent new e-mail yesterday, crickets...

Reactions: mtemur
I got the shipping info for my brothers 10 inch, Alfred was kind enough to include a couple of photos of the arm and the extra lighter counterweight he is including for the AS309 I purchased last year (with certain headshell cart combos I need to use both weights and they have to sit to close to the yoke). I expect (based on past experience) that the arm should be in New Zealand in about 10 days.

Another day, another missed shipped/pickup date :rolleyes:. It was supposed to be picked up yesterday and arrive tomorrow :shrug:

Well it was delayed a couple of days because of weather, but wow Alfred went above and beyond, he added the direct RCA interconnects!

Beautiful arm, and sounds as good or better than it looks!

Again my best to Alfred, hope he gets caught up….

VR
Andy
710C011E-E337-4D10-86F7-0BCAADB3824D.jpegD5905B27-55B3-4257-9111-1A6B90DBC990.jpeg5A8CC83C-D7FF-4983-98B0-7B0D1E88DDBC.jpeg

Attachments

• 38EA71B5-88EF-495F-A803-FEE854893FFF.jpeg
    38EA71B5-88EF-495F-A803-FEE854893FFF.jpeg
    876.5 KB · Views: 9
Wow, that looks great. Looking forward to reading about your musical adventure with the arm.

PS: How is the sound from that Gregory Porter album?

Reactions: Adnick
Wow, that looks great. Looking forward to reading about your musical adventure with the arm.

PS: How is the sound from that Gregory Porter album?
Forgot to say thanks for the compliment, thanks :rolleyes:

Bought the box set because I couldn’t fine the “Take Me to the Alley” album, $75 for 6 albums including the one above :cool:

They are excellent, very well done, they are all vocal, however I’m now a big fan….

Last edited:
Reactions: shadowlight
Reactions: Adnick

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing