Ordering a Bokrand Tonearm

Apr 24, 2023
CT
treehausaudiolab.com
For better or worse, my experience getting a Bokrand arm was quite similar. He was very responsive at the beginning of my contact with him (a few friends had already purchased arms from him). It then went silent, and then several dates that he committed to shipping the army by came and went. After getting a bit more "forward"' with my emails, he did come through.

I realize he is an older gentleman, and does have a few health things going on. I would have simply felt better about the transaction if he told me it was going to be 6 months from the get-go before I would receive the arm and had stuck to that time line rather than "its almost done, its going to ship" then silence, etc. That sort of stuff erodes the trust a bit. He does great work, and I do not thing he is a scammer by any means.. I do think he needs a shop assistance and a bit of help with order logistics.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Lee Henley

Feb 21, 2014
England, UK

vesign

May 9, 2023
I saw this thread and made an account just to comment here..
My hope is that Alfred sees my comment and that helps him sort out his orders.

I paid for a 10 inch arm on 03 Jan 2023.
Since then, the only email I received is that he has a lot of customers waiting before me.

I also asked him if he can upgrade my order to a 12 inch with continuous wiring, but again - no response.

I do wish all the best for Alfred. I also realize that such craftsmanship requires time and attention, but a simple reply would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

cc @alfredbokrand

jakob.stafseth

Mar 23, 2023
Approaching 6 months, patience, but it would be nice with a response to my last request one month ago though… we’ll see…

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
For those who can’t wait . Available at topclassaudio.com from HK. Search page 19

Attachments

• 03C30D67-C2EC-4EAF-8615-A2F414275AD4.jpeg
    03C30D67-C2EC-4EAF-8615-A2F414275AD4.jpeg
    486.3 KB · Views: 36

jakob.stafseth

Mar 23, 2023
Anyone heard from Alfred lately? Trying to get an update om my arm, well into the seventh month since ordering…

gramofonia

Jun 22, 2022
Hi Bokrand owners. I need some help if anyone has faced similar issue. Many records skip near the dead wax. I have no idea why. I'm using Ortofon SPU Classic GE MKII cartridge. Am I missing something? Also I can't pickup the tonearm and move to the end of the record, it feels like there is no space vertically to move the tonearm. Hope I make myself clear.

I have mounted the tonearm according to provided template. Levelled it and adjusted the tracking force. Any help is appreciated

Update: I figured it out. It was the weight, it was to close to the tonearm and was hitting the pillars that holds the tonearm. Moved it backed and re adjusted the tracking force and now everything is running smoothly. Phew!

Last edited:

jakob.stafseth

Mar 23, 2023
I heard from him on the 25th, promised a deliverydate to be given the day after, silence, then on the 29th he promised to contact me the day after, not heard anything yet. He is working in his workshop, but the lack of communication is unfortunate…

Reactions: JH_No

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I am still waiting too with no communication. 6 months now...

Bought a dava ref, built two power supplies for it, bought a 401 but still waiting for the arm...

JH_No

Mar 8, 2023
Yes same with me @kodomo I have a 401 with SPU and SUT waiting for the Bokrand. Been waiting since November. Ordered late October.

Alfred replies from time to time, but usually not more than every second month or so. Every time he says it's right around the corner. Last time (10th of May) he said that he had received the last parts he was waiting for and my arm was number one priority... well, I'm not sure about that.

Reactions: kodomo

JH_No

Mar 8, 2023
And then Alfred replied. All parts received and tonearm wil be produced ASAP and sent by express.
Well, I really hope thats what happening now.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
And then Alfred replied. All parts received and tonearm wil be produced ASAP and sent by express.
Well, I really hope thats what happening now.
I got the exact same message, word for word.

Let's hope!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing