Ordering a Bokrand Tonearm

jakob.stafseth

Mar 23, 2023
And then Alfred replied. All parts received and tonearm wil be produced ASAP and sent by express.
Well, I really hope thats what happening now.
Got the same exact message from him this morning, fingers crossed…

Reactions: JH_No and Adnick

JH_No

Mar 8, 2023
Still nothing, seven months next week…
It’s crazy. Wonder what Alfred does. How many tonearms does he sell? I ordered in october and in january hes said he would ship next week. I have very little trust left.

Now he says he has the parts ready and will ship. Don’t believe him, and heard that before.

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
…and then suddenly he ships writing “Earlier was not possible!”.
But it’s important that to get your arm you have to lose all hope (or maybe just 138 dB of it) first.

• Haha
Reactions: JH_No

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
It's interesting to me that eBay sent me some reasonable discounted prices for two of Alfred's AB-309 Banana Bokrand tonearms last week. I didn't accept them !

Joe27

Apr 21, 2023
Has anyone heard from @alfredbokrand recently?

I ordered two tonearms from him last December and finally received the second arm last month - however, when it was being fitted, we realised that (1) the arm tube was the wrong shape and (2) it was incorrectly wired.

I've had no replies to my last three e-mails (I last heard from him at the end of May) and he currently has nothing for sale on eBay.

jakob.stafseth

Mar 23, 2023

I ordered two tonearms from him last December and finally received the second arm last month - however, when it was being fitted, we realised that (1) the arm tube was the wrong shape and (2) it was incorrectly wired.

I've had no replies to my last three e-mails (I last heard from him at the end of May) and he currently has nothing for sale on eBay.
Last contact june 1st, seven months, 11 days since ordering…

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
@Joe27 In which way was the arm shape wrong? Asking because mine did not have the advertised geometry. It was an S type like ordered though, and the wiring correct.

audiomonstera

Sep 13, 2022

I purchased a brass ortofon collar mount from him on May 22nd. Last email communication from him through his yahoo email was June 5th. Said he would be getting it from his factory and would ship it out that week.

Sent about 3 or so follow up emails since but radio silence. ¯\_(?)_/¯

moniker

Jun 26, 2023
Lotusland
Hello audio enthusiasts: I’m new here and this looks like an interesting place. I’ve been playing around with records since I was a youngster in front of my father’s RCA multi-band radio and phonograph. Mono of course. Just one big paper cone speaker and beautiful tone. The Beatles never sounded better. These days I like to collect DECCA LPs.
I came across this discussion about Alfred Bokrand and I must say that I bought an arm from him about 3 years ago. He was very responsive then and quickly repaired a faulty DIN connector in the base of the arm pillar. I had it installed on a Jean Nantais Lenco that I commissioned from Mr. Nantais (and thereby hangs another tale) after many years with one of his Classic models. I decided to sell the custom table and foolishly let the 12 inch AB309 go with it. So last November I put down my cash for a new one. I had a similar experience with Mr. Bokrand as many of you. In February I gave up all hope of ever getting my new AB309 and bought a different 12 inch tonearm for my PTP Solid 12 + 9.
After intense wrangling the AB309 Banana arrived last week. I opened the shipping container to verify the contents and closed it up again directly.
It is now available for purchase on Canuck Audiomart. New in the box with straight through cables. I hope this post finds you all well.
Best regards,
moniker

Reactions: kodomo

Joe27

Apr 21, 2023
@Joe27 In which way was the arm shape wrong? Asking because mine did not have the advertised geometry. It was an S type like ordered though, and the wiring correct.
Hi @Kjetil - I ordered two 9" arms from AB in December 2022 (to be despatched in "10-12 working days").

1. banana-shaped tube, wired stereo
2. banana-shaped tube, wired mono

These details were regularly confirmed in e-mails over months. #1 arrived in March. The second arm was delivered in May but was not the same shape as the first one (a J-shaped tube, I think) and is wired stereo, not mono. In addition, the finger lifts for the two headshells supplied with the arms were missing. Still no response from Alfred.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjetil

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
No wait! I dealt with this seller. Great guy.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
No real news for me, I am still waiting. I just had a short email a week ago saying he is out of the office and he will write back later... I did not buy through ebay, does he still make refunds ? If he does, maybe I should just do that.

• Sad
Reactions: christoph

jakob.stafseth

Mar 23, 2023
Ordered my arm 14th november, someone worse off than me? Jokes aside, sent him a message last week, still crickets… Approaching eight months, sigh… Hope we get Alfred online soon.

Janik

Jul 11, 2023
hello guys, i have ordered mine yesterday.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing