Ordering a Bokrand Tonearm

MarcusD

Sep 28, 2022
The problem is that ebay complaints was really the only weapon you had with Alfred, Complaints would cut off his money flow and would normally get a result (or at least a reply), now that weapon is gone, I see he is still selling tonearms (sometimes) on his daughters account....., I guess if you were vindictive you could disrupt that.

adriannkr

Oct 16, 2023
Germany
Hey guys,

Adrian here.
I ordered a Bokrand couple of weeks ago, but can't reach Alfred anyhow.
After reading this I'm very happy that I payed with PayPal, since I can just get my money back, but I don't want to brute force this.
Could anyone let me know how I can contact Alfred via mail or phone? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely
Adrian

djsina2

May 30, 2019
The thing is. Ebay withholds a payment to a seller until the buyer is satisfied. At least they did with me when I sold kit earlier this year and last year.

So, in theory, Ebay has our cash. Which begs the question. Why is it not covered by their money back guarantee?
eBay has a 45 day window to file a claim. Doesn’t mean it hasn’t to be resolved by then but it needs to be started. This burnt me before. Worth checking to see if it’s still the same.

Reactions: mtemur and MarcusD

MarcusD

Sep 28, 2022
Hey guys,

Adrian here.
I ordered a Bokrand couple of weeks ago, but can't reach Alfred anyhow.
After reading this I'm very happy that I payed with PayPal, since I can just get my money back, but I don't want to brute force this.
Could anyone let me know how I can contact Alfred via mail or phone? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely
Adrian
Hi Adrian, I presumed you purchased from an ebay auction, the easiest way to get Alfred to make contact will be by making a nondelivery complaint to ebay

adriannkr

Oct 16, 2023
Germany
Dear All,
I have to correct myself.
Alfred send me a lovely message today and called me.
Everything is in perfect order!
He is shipping immideatly and his service is top notch!
I will post pictures of my Arm after arrival!

Thank you Alfred for your awesome work!

adrianywu

Nov 15, 2021
Alfred has been less than reliable in terms of delivery time, but I believe he has not actually cheated anyone. He does everything in good faith, but his health issues are holding him back. People who order his tonearms should bear this in mind, and expect to have some hiccups in the process. At the end, everyone should get what they paid for, and they just need to be patient. If buyers don't want the hassle, they should perhaps look elsewhere and buy only readily available products. I am very happy with the tonearm he built for me.

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
eBay has a 45 day window to file a claim. Doesn’t mean it hasn’t to be resolved by then but it needs to be started. This burnt me before. Worth checking to see if it’s still the same.
+1

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
Dear All,
I have to correct myself.
Alfred send me a lovely message today and called me.
Everything is in perfect order!
He is shipping immideatly and his service is top notch!
I will post pictures of my Arm after arrival!

Thank you Alfred for your awesome work!
I wouldn’t count on it. IMHO filing a dispute before it’s too late is the sensible thing to do. When (if) you receive the arm you can always call it “resolved”. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited:

alfredbokrand

Jan 9, 2022
Antequera Spain
Mr. Bokrand is not even answering my emails. It has been 9 months now and after finding out he is sending tonearms to later purchases I decided not to wait and want a refund. I can not reach him!

here again to all members

why I sell on eBay in the name of my daughter is something I described honestly and openly in my statement here in the forum. Once again for everyone who hasn't read it or hasn't understood it. I have been selling my tonearms since 2013 and have made hundreds of customers happy with them. Ebay has intentionally destroyed my business (this is a punishable offense in Germany) and I no longer have access to my account on ebay (analogandmore4you) because of this I can no longer answer customer emails via eBay. I can only contact customers if I have their private email. so write to them alfredbokrand@yahoo.de I wrote to my customers beforehand and asked them to start a complaint on eBay, or if it is no longer possible after 90 days to start the complaint with your financial service provider (bank/Paypal) (up to 6 months buyer protection) Many customers have done this and gotten their money back. I promised customers where the 6 month period is no longer valid that they would receive their money from me personally within 2 months or, if desired, receive the tonearm they ordered. Almost all of these customers understood my situation and wrote to me that they preferred it I want to have the tonearm and not the money back. I need the 2 months to get the money I need through the current sales. Is everything clear up to this point? As I wrote openly and honestly here in my statement, I have not been able to build up any financial reserves and do not receive any pension or other payments. So how should I pay the customers who would rather have their money back? Before I came here to Spain for health reasons, I had 3 large companies in Germany, Italy and Egypt. At the age of 30, I had already made provisions for my old age. I had 3 life insurance policies worth 100,000 German marks and an apartment building. Unfortunately, I have I lost it all to the banks because I had deposited it as security for loans. My loss was a total of over a million German marks for my investment in Egypt for a hotel ship with the OBEROI Hotel group.It wasn't my fault.The Egyptian President SADDAT was shot at a parade and then my people moved Other financiers gave their money back and I was stuck with the entire initial costs of over a million German marks (3 years lead time). Of course I could have found new investors, but OBEROI had already extended the management contract by one year in fairness and did not want to extend it again now, because other large investors had made offers for their hotel ships. So total loss of my entire retirement provision. Attached is the positive report about my project from the renowned Trade newspaper for capital investments "CAPITAL" in Germany. Like everyone can read, I was very positive and considered fair towards my Investors called.
attach files

My previous co-investors were able to get their money take it back because I didn't use your money beforehand, but it was parked in a so-called notary escrow account, with the option for the investor to demand your money back. I did that out of commercial fairness. That's why I alone paid all the upfront costs and the money from the co-investors was only supposed to flow when the ship was built I just wrote all of this so that people can see my background and not call me a fraud, as some people do here in the forum. I can always back up everything that comes out of my mouth or pen with official documents. I have that It has always been done that way and has never led discussions with assumptions or opinions, as some do here in the forum. That's why I wrote in my statement that there is only one way and that is to continue selling tonearms via my daughter's account, so that I can then use the small profits (a used AS-212 Ortofon costs between 300 euros and more on eBay). The precisely turned brass parts come (on CNC machines from one of the largest companies in Malaga/Spain) Manufactured, plus CARDAS connector, headshell connector, new vertical bearings, tonearm lift, mounting collar, many small parts and many hours of work (up to 8 hours). The hour of craftsmanship today costs around 40 euros and more. So 8 My cheapest tonearm AS-309 only costs 600 euros. A great win for me for the many hours, right? Please think first before writing something wrong

Attachments

• capital_4_1981_hotels.pdf
    198.2 KB · Views: 5

alfredbokrand

Jan 9, 2022
Antequera Spain
I am very frustrated with my order which I fully paid on January. Alfred has emailed the explanation which has been shared in this thread. He expects funds from indiegogo project which has as of now only one backer! I share it as maybe people may be interested in it.

I hope I can get a refund on my tonearm as I have already invested in another one. Waiting for over 8 months with no delivery date on the horizon is enough for me...

Anyone here in the forum or around the world who can prove in writing that they lost their money with me? Please no answers about long delivery times and/or contact difficulties, I have already described this here in the forum in a very detailed and honest statement in contact with me

alfredbokrand@yahoo.de

alfredbokrand

Jan 9, 2022
Antequera Spain
I hate to say it, but after seeing he's still selling I kinda feel like I've been ripped off.
Anyone here in the forum or around the world who can prove in writing that they lost their money with me? Please no answers about long delivery times and/or contact difficulties, I have already described this here in the forum in a very detailed and honest statement in contact with me

alfredbokrand@yahoo.de

here again to all members

why I sell on eBay in the name of my daughter is something I described honestly and openly in my statement here in the forum. Once again for everyone who hasn't read it or hasn't understood it. I have been selling my tonearms since 2013 and have made hundreds of customers happy with them. Ebay has intentionally destroyed my business (this is a punishable offense in Germany) and I no longer have access to my account on ebay (analogandmore4you) because of this I can no longer answer customer emails via eBay. I can only contact customers if I have their private email. so write to them alfredbokrand@yahoo.de I wrote to my customers beforehand and asked them to start a complaint on eBay, or if it is no longer possible after 90 days to start the complaint with your financial service provider (bank/Paypal) (up to 6 months buyer protection) Many customers have done this and gotten their money back. I promised customers where the 6 month period is no longer valid that they would receive their money from me personally within 2 months or, if desired, receive the tonearm they ordered. Almost all of these customers understood my situation and wrote to me that they preferred it I want to have the tonearm and not the money back. I need the 2 months to get the money I need through the current sales. Is everything clear up to this point? As I wrote openly and honestly here in my statement, I have not been able to build up any financial reserves and do not receive any pension or other payments. So how should I pay the customers who would rather have their money back? Before I came here to Spain for health reasons, I had 3 large companies in Germany, Italy and Egypt. At the age of 30, I had already made provisions for my old age. I had 3 life insurance policies worth 100,000 German marks and an apartment building. Unfortunately, I have I lost it all to the banks because I had deposited it as security for loans. My loss was a total of over a million German marks for my investment in Egypt for a hotel ship with the OBEROI Hotel group.It wasn't my fault.The Egyptian President SADDAT was shot at a parade and then my people moved Other financiers gave their money back and I was stuck with the entire initial costs of over a million German marks (3 years lead time). Of course I could have found new investors, but OBEROI had already extended the management contract by one year in fairness and did not want to extend it again now, because other large investors had made offers for their hotel ships. So total loss of my entire retirement provision. Attached is the positive report about my project from the renowned Trade newspaper for capital investments "CAPITAL" in Germany. Like everyone can read, I was very positive and considered fair towards my Investors called.
attach files

My previous co-investors were able to get their money take it back because I didn't use your money beforehand, but it was parked in a so-called notary escrow account, with the option for the investor to demand your money back. I did that out of commercial fairness. That's why I alone paid all the upfront costs and the money from the co-investors was only supposed to flow when the ship was built I just wrote all of this so that people can see my background and not call me a fraud, as some people do here in the forum. I can always back up everything that comes out of my mouth or pen with official documents. I have that It has always been done that way and has never led discussions with assumptions or opinions, as some do here in the forum. That's why I wrote in my statement that there is only one way and that is to continue selling tonearms via my daughter's account, so that I can then use the small profits (a used AS-212 Ortofon costs between 300 euros and more on eBay). The precisely turned brass parts come (on CNC machines from one of the largest companies in Malaga/Spain) Manufactured, plus CARDAS connector, headshell connector, new vertical bearings, tonearm lift, mounting collar, many small parts and many hours of work (up to 8 hours). The hour of craftsmanship today costs around 40 euros and more. So 8 My cheapest tonearm AS-309 only costs 600 euros. A great win for me for the many hours, right? Please think first before writing something wrong

Attachments

• capital_4_1981_hotels.pdf
    198.2 KB · Views: 1

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
that would not be an ethical thing to do.
Not keeping promises on delivery times is an ethical thing? Keep people waiting for their tonearms almost a year? Not answering e-mails of customers? Taking new orders while couldn’t fulfill the old ones? Tell me are these ethical?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonesy Jonesy

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Not keeping promises on delivery times is an ethical thing? Keep people waiting for their tonearms almost a year? Not answering e-mails of customers? Taking new orders while couldn’t fulfill the old ones? Tell me are these ethical?
It's shocking and very disrespectful how people are being treated by Mr Bokrand.....Ignorance is Bliss !

Reactions: mtemur

Robert Young

VIP/Donor
Oct 22, 2020
New York CIty
Whether or not someone else’s behavior is not ethical doesn’t absolve one from behaving ethically onself. Whataboutism is a downward spiral.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017

alfredbokrand@yahoo.de
What do you mean? You told me you would deliver in two weeks and it has been ten months! How would do you describe that? I feel I have definitely lost money and you are here to prove it!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing