Pass Labs .8 Series!

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
I got the 100.8 expecting them to be more neutral than the Xa 100.5 in the bass. I could not demo either but read somewhere that the newer .8 were more neutral. I needed room treatment to tone down upper bass. So maybe the .5 is better after all. Too late now
If you like robust bass, then you’ll love the XA-100.8. They provide a lot more bass than the XA-100.5. I listen to a lot of piano/upright bass jazz duets and vocalist/archtop guitar/upright bass jazz trios. In my opinion, the XA-100.8 threw off the delicate balance of these recordings. If you listen to a lot of rock or large scale classical and jazz, you’ll probably like the bass more.

Reactions: alfa100

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
I just bought a refurbished XA-30.5 (dirt cheap from my local "dealer") to go in the home theater with my Daedalus Ulysses. I used to drive those in a different room with my INT-60, so I'm anxious to hear the new system, but it's a couple of months away (at least) awaiting completion of a major home remodel.
Congrats on the XA30.5 ! What will you use for a preamp?
I just purchased my first SS preamp, It will be here this Weds, The XP12. Heard many good things about Wayne Colburns creations and how it would sound with my XA25, we’ll soon see..

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I've had the XA .5's for many years now and still love them! I tried the .8's and wasn't to my liking.
Other equipment has come and gone, but the amps are here to stay.

Reactions: PeterA and Alpinist

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing