Perhaps the best piano/violin duet recording I have heard

Foxbat

Jun 11, 2020
I received the Piazzolla - Wieniawski tape from Zavalinka Records, and it is possibly the best such duet recording that I have heard.

Recorded live it has all the right attributes and it is joy to listen to. Maintaining the proper balance between these two dissimilar instruments is a challenge. Many similar recordings fail in that regard with piano often dominating instead of complementing the violin. Here they both work together in a nearly perfect union. The ambiance sound is also captured to remarkable degree.

All in all, a great effort and a wonderful tape to add to any collection.

Victor

Tang’s system

I posted videos of the Zavalinka Piazzolla tape. Is there a new one out?

I think the best way to find out would be by checking his Facebook page AnalogSound.

As far as the Piazzolla tape, I believe there is still just that one.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu