Phonostage for mono

Vinylshadow

Feb 12, 2021
I'm adding a Miyajima Mono Zero cartridge to my system and have been considering many phonostages. My mono records for the most part in the 60s with a handful of contemporary mono reissues. I've looked at the charts with the AS mono phonostage, and I think I might only have a a few records in those eras if that. So is it still worth having the eq abilities? I really like the Tempo Electric, but it seems far more than I need. My budget is 1-2k, so the Tempo Electric is also outside of that. On the low side, the Bob's Device that would plug into my Herron would be the easiest. I think I could play a stereo record from the MC input of the Herron and then a mono from the MM input. Anything in the middle of these two ideas?
Thanks,
Joe
For my Miyajima Zero, I got a Rogue Audio Ares Magnum with a Bob's Blue Cinemag SUT. It has a single mono input(as well as stereo inputs for my stereo tt) and a mono switch upgrade. $3k.....I'm in the process of installing it all now.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing