Pilium Audio in action-

Antheus29

Apr 7, 2021
I’ve personally owned and used the Karan KA M2000 mono amplifiers which was the statement amps before the current Master Collection.

I have a lot of respect for Karan which served me well for a couple of years. That being said, Pilium is an ever higher level in terms of ambition, build quality and performance. It’s honest, genuine and truly uncompromised products without restrictions and to me state of the art today with only a handful of real competitors.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se
Thanks Marcus. I see that you have both Pilium and Stenheim in your shop. How do they work together?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Pilium top preamplifier OLYMPUS, with dual power supplies installed at a customer in Singapore.
316219995_441815601485358_1797042786185167273_n.jpg

316324371_441815468152038_5858592363603535657_n.jpg

geopolitis

Apr 6, 2016
The new Pilium Olympus is a real beast. I always thought that Ares was one of the best preamplifiers in the world but Olympus is faster, bigger sounding and with even higher resolution. Size matters.

2571C478-F27B-472E-B507-CCC5B7DC5CB6.jpeg 308D9744-B8C6-4747-AAD2-7486A3F47D25.jpeg

Last edited:

Stibi

Aug 22, 2021
I wonder how’s YG sound compared to magico. Someone feel too lean someone actually feel smoother. So curious, especially paired with Pilium!
I used to have the YG Anat III Professional Siganture, but the Magico Q7 sounds with Pilium way better, at least to my taste. Probably the passive YGs are better than the active ones, never heard them to compare. But for me Magico has a very special sound I like a lot. 3F37D7C6-D2FE-4EDD-8D01-33CC9EDDEC3A.jpeg

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I used to have the YG Anat III Professional Siganture, but the Magico Q7 sounds with Pilium way better, at least to my taste. Probably the passive YGs are better than the active ones, never heard them to compare. But for me Magico has a very special sound I like a lot. View attachment 101031

you should then also try audionec evo

or the new Vyger speakers which have been voiced on Pilium

Reactions: Stibi

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
A pair of Pilium Zeus, 350lb each, stereo amps waiting for their accompanying Pilium Olympus three chassis preamp to be completed. Then the new set of pre/amps will be traveling to the new Rhapsody-DFW showroom, (ready in January/February timeframe) where they will meeting their new partners, Magico M9s.
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-09 at 1.02.24 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-12-09 at 1.02.36 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-12-09 at 1.03.15 PM.jpeg

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
We also have an Olympus and one Zeus stereo amp in production at the moment heading to our Rhapsody-Brooklyn location in February, where they will drive, Alsyvox, Bayz and Diesis speakers.

sonrock

Apr 15, 2013
The wait is finally over and the red Ferrari colour is stunningly beautiful to me even under the natural light inside the room. Now waiting for the Pilium Atlas monoblocks and Olympus preamp to complete this system - they should have been here by now so not sure what caused the delay

The bass is just massive and tight, you can feel it likes a giant hammer slamming and punching. The 15” woofers are super fast and well controlled. I didn’t believe my eyes when seeing how big they are in real life as the 2 wooden crates are taller than my 2m bifolding door and weigh half a ton each @@

With my limited time with the speakers so far, those Sigma Acoustic Maat Vector Xac have revealed things that I couldn’t even hear or notice with my beloved Q5, just a whole new world and music becomes more live and engaging than ever.

I’m not sure how things can be better as it should take up to 6 months for burning in from new to reach the optimum performance.

Aldo has brought his own family, wife and 3 sons from Italy, alongside the local distributor to come over and helped me to set them up, then tuning the speakers for 2 days before they left when everything is close to perfect.

I believe it doesn’t happen everywhere with other brands, so simply incredible and much appreciated for the world class service!

DO01000846.jpeg DO01000848.jpeg DO01000849.jpeg IMG_6758.jpeg IMG_6761.jpeg

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
Totally insane!
Congratulations!

Reactions: Pokey77 and sonrock

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
My "Pilium" System.

Speakers are the Beautifully and Exotic:

Kaiser Acoustics Kawero! CLASSIC c3(+) with Full KONDO Wiring & Cross the Full C3 Version

Power-amp: PILIUM Audio ACHILLES

Pre-amp: PILIUM Audio Alexander

Dac: Lampizator Golden gate R2R balance ENGINE dac with DSD512.

Server: Request Audio the Raptor server+4TSSD and Request LAN Wizzard.

AC Cables:
Siltech x2 Ruby Double Crown 1.5m for power amp
Siltech Ruby Crown 1m for DAC
Siltech Mountain II 1m for pre-amp
Transparent XL 2m Power-cord x2 for Server and Line power base

Speakers:
Siltech King 3m

XLRs:
Siltech Empress 1m from pre to power
Siltech Queen 1m from pre to dac

Digital:
Siltech the Golden Ridge II 2m AES

AC Dedicated LINE with 25amper
Oyaide EE/F-S 2
Synergistic blue ACx2

POWER BASE and Line conditioner
SUPER ATHENA in CUSTOM MADE
Full Re-Design for power amp Specification

RACK:
NEO Audio Reference Quattron black diamond gold edition and Reference power base 700

Isolation:
Frank Audio fat foot for DAC
Stabilian Quattro for Server

and more...

20230113_130525.jpg 20230113_130541.jpg 20230113_130602.jpg

Last edited:

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
The wait is finally over and the red Ferrari colour is stunningly beautiful to me even under the natural light inside the room. Now waiting for the Pilium Atlas monoblocks and Olympus preamp to complete this system - they should have been here by now so not sure what caused the delay

The bass is just massive and tight, you can feel it likes a giant hammer slamming and punching. The 15” woofers are super fast and well controlled. I didn’t believe my eyes when seeing how big they are in real life as the 2 wooden crates are taller than my 2m bifolding door and weigh half a ton each @@

With my limited time with the speakers so far, those Sigma Acoustic Maat Vector Xac have revealed things that I couldn’t even hear or notice with my beloved Q5, just a whole new world and music becomes more live and engaging than ever.

I’m not sure how things can be better as it should take up to 6 months for burning in from new to reach the optimum performance.

Aldo has brought his own family, wife and 3 sons from Italy, alongside the local distributor to come over and helped me to set them up, then tuning the speakers for 2 days before they left when everything is close to perfect.

I believe it doesn’t happen everywhere with other brands, so simply incredible and much appreciated for the world class service!

View attachment 107308 View attachment 107309 View attachment 107310 View attachment 107311 View attachment 107312
Wow, wow, and WOW! I hope those speakers sound as good as they look. Simply stunning. Forgive my lack of knowledge--I am completely unaware of this brand. I hope they don’t turn into transformers and make you their slave. :cool:

Slave to the music not such a bad thing.

Reactions: Pokey77 and sonrock

sonrock

Apr 15, 2013
Thanks Bob, actually they sound better than they look. An analogy to describe their sound is coming from my wife who doesn’t care about music and hifi at all, who just listened to them intermittently during the last 2 days:

“Those speakers are like artists, they dance when the music dance and they rock when the music rock. They’re not simply speakers blasting out sounds but they’re like an active performer. Actually they’re in another class compared to your old speakers and lifting the performance to several notches, not one. I can hear things that I have never heard from the q5, so they’re truly amazing!”

Re Sigma Acoustic, not many people have heard about them simply because they don’t spend money on marketing in “top hifi magazines and reviewers”. Most of their products are sold via words of mouth or who actually listened to their products even at shows or elsewhere.

As reported, I went to Munich last year and was blown away by their smaller model, still top of the Orchestra line, and decided to put them into my shortlist. It turned out that I’ve made the right choice to come close to my music nirvana.

I don’t know which model Aldo will bring to Munich this year but if you’re going, please give them a visit :). Or whenever you’re coming to the UK, you’re welcome to come here for a listen.

It’s beyond words to describe the sound because it’s simply right to me. I can easily immerse myself into massive music with live like atmosphere. It’s really difficult to leave the seat but only to change CDs. They’ve redefined my music concept and it’s just incredible!

DO01000321.jpeg DO01000322.jpeg DO01000323.jpeg

Reactions: Bobvin and itay123

defride

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013

View attachment 107308 View attachment 107309 View attachment 107310 View attachment 107311 View attachment 107312
Congrats on not only the speakers but the new room in which to house them! Sensational!

Reactions: sonrock

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
No I have not had a chance to listen to the new flagship amps from Karan, but I believe they’re nothing but only super in this case.

As mentioned in my earlier post, I just wanted to have a change with my system after many years using the same products from the brands that I admire and love. Karan amps punch way above their weight and incredible value for money. Most people were truly impressed when listening to my KAM2000 driving the mighty but difficult Q5s to their peak performance.

In fact the Karan amps are musical and warm with mellow voice without lacking slam and insane dynamics. At least that’s my own verdicts about them after years.

Pilium, on another hand, is something also really special, especially with their divine series. I was nailed down in my seat at munich and could only leave after spending over 30 minutes there listening to quite a number of songs in different types of music, not shocked but really stunned. 2 other rooms gave me the same feeling are Stenheim and Sigma Acoustic.

It’s hard to explain the emotions after listening to such beautiful music with the way I like it to be. Couple of years ago, I was at the same position when I was invited to listen to the new dcs vivaldi 2.0 system which was paired with Naim statement and Wilson Alexia. Truly amazing experiences with those stuff.

So, I think it’s about the right time for me to go for something new. Like Karan, I see Pilium is fantastic value for money and I can re-explore my CDs collection in a different but still wonderful way with them. It’s hard to say whether I like the Pilium more than the Karan as I don’t have and never have tried them here yet. But I am sure that I will be happy with my decision. Hope that help answer your question.

Hello my friend.

Before I upgraded to Pilium,

also had karan acoustics Electronics.

The 2ch power amplifier which was their flagship before the master line series came,
of course I'm talking about the Kas600 !

and their flagship Pre-amp at the time,
The karan acoustics Kal 3mk2 Reference !

They replaced my MBL NOBLE and before ASR EMITTER EXCLUSIVE

I didn't think I would replace the KARAN
But I had the opportunity to DEMO the Pilium Leonidas integrated ! by me

And I was overwhelmed, the sound became clearer and more defined.
Right from the start
after two hours
The sound becomes even more natural and liquid
On the same day the DEMO was held
I decided to switch and upgrade TO Pilium.

The speakers were
Wilson Audio MAXX-2
which were on the way out in favor of ALEXX,
in witch ended decided to go for the Kaizer acoustics kawero classic C3 which sounded significantly better.

The DAC was
was changed to MSB
ROCKNA
Total dac
dcs

and more

And finally I decided to stay with Lampizator.

keep having fun friend and enjoy your fabulous setup!
Can't wait to see pictures
With ATLAS and OLYMPUS !!!

20221023_153602.jpg

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
The Day PILIUM AUDIO came.

The PILIUM ACHILLES & PILIUM ALEXANDER!

20230408_114844.jpg 20230408_114812.jpg

20230408_114826.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hello my friend.

Before I upgraded to Pilium,

also had karan acoustics Electronics.

The 2ch power amplifier which was their flagship before the master line series came,
of course I'm talking about the Kas600 !

and their flagship Pre-amp at the time,
The karan acoustics Kal 3mk2 Reference !

They replaced my MBL NOBLE and before ASR EMITTER EXCLUSIVE

I didn't think I would replace the KARAN
But I had the opportunity to DEMO the Pilium Leonidas integrated ! by me

And I was overwhelmed, the sound became clearer and more defined.
Right from the start
after two hours
The sound becomes even more natural and liquid
On the same day the DEMO was held
I decided to switch and upgrade TO Pilium.

The speakers were
Wilson Audio MAXX-2
which were on the way out in favor of ALEXX,
in witch ended decided to go for the Kaizer acoustics kawero classic C3 which sounded significantly better.

The DAC was
was changed to MSB
ROCKNA
Total dac
dcs

and more

And finally I decided to stay with Lampizator.

keep having fun friend and enjoy your fabulous setup!
Can't wait to see pictures
With ATLAS and OLYMPUS !!!

View attachment 107321
Fantastic stuff! What was it about the Kaiser vs the Alexx specifically? Very intrigued to read more.

Reactions: itay123

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Incredible Sonrock! Congrats! That is literally HUGE news! Pilium and Sigma! I have only read about Pilium (from a few individuals and here on WBF) and only here on WBF about Sigmas...very intrigued!

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
Fantastic stuff! What was it about the Kaiser vs the Alexx specifically? Very intrigued to read more.

Hi 10x !

Preferred the natural image and Musical dynamic nature of the Classic C3.

10 years with Wilson
Much RESPECT !

But it was time to move on...

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi 10x !

Preferred the natural image and Musical dynamic nature of the Classic C3.

10 years with Wilson
Much RESPECT !

But it was time to move on...
That makes sense from the description of Kaiser. Enjoy!

Reactions: itay123

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing