Pilium vs Magico

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
The room and system is ready. I finally got cinema screen installed and purchased a huge centre speaker - Audiosolutions Figaro CL. Over 1metre long and 50kg weight. This is a serious centre speaker.

Attachments

• 0963CDCA-EC80-4344-936A-545A920E0003.jpeg
    0963CDCA-EC80-4344-936A-545A920E0003.jpeg
    952.4 KB · Views: 111

mxk116

Mar 24, 2022
The room and system is ready. I finally got cinema screen installed and purchased a huge centre speaker - Audiosolutions Figaro CL. Over 1metre long and 50kg weight. This is a serious centre speaker.
Fantastic system; enjoy.

Pilium pre & power amp is on the end game short list for my Magico speakers, A5s at this time. I've heard nothing but glowing reviews of the Pilium gear. I live in Colorado and I think the closest place to hear Pilium might be California or Texas. One of these days...

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
Fantastic system; enjoy.

Pilium pre & power amp is on the end game short list for my Magico speakers, A5s at this time. I've heard nothing but glowing reviews of the Pilium gear. I live in Colorado and I think the closest place to hear Pilium might be California or Texas. One of these days...
Thank you. I bought them without listening (no chance). But they are good.

Reactions: bryans and mxk116

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
How much time to burn in the pilium before it reaches optimum performance
I feel none. I remember when I just got passlabs it wasn’t sound at the best. But Pilium I don’t remember not happy with the sound and it’s quite the same. Maybe just my ears not good enough.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Fantastic system; enjoy.

You can hear Pilium in Portland, Chicago, Dallas, West Palm Beach or Brooklyn.

mxk116

Mar 24, 2022
You can hear Pilium in Portland, Chicago, Dallas, West Palm Beach or Brooklyn.
Thanks, I've been in touch with Chris in Dallas. I plan on visiting in the not too distant future.

We are finishing the build out of our listening area and ordered a RD Acoustics Hybrid Diffuser, through Chris, for the front wall. Since it's a multi-purpose area we wanted the acoustic treatment to be more architectural in appearance. And for once it wasn't a hard sell for my wife. She fell in love with it verses the ASC tube traps and Vicoustic product we've used in the past.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Thanks, I've been in touch with Chris in Dallas. I plan on visiting in the not too distant future.

We are finishing the build out of our listening area and ordered a RD Acoustics Hybrid Diffuser, through Chris, for the front wall. Since it's a multi-purpose area we wanted the acoustic treatment to be more architectural in appearance. And for once it wasn't a hard sell for my wife. She fell in love with it verses the ASC tube traps and Vicoustic product we've used in the past.
Hi Matt,

Sorry, I did not realize it was you. We should have tracking information on the RD A soon.

mxk116

Mar 24, 2022
Hi Matt,

Sorry, I did not realize it was you. We should have tracking information on the RD A soon.
Hey Chris, and I didn't know it was you. Looking forward to receiving the RD diffuser. Keep us posted, thanks.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
Tell us about Electra… what other DAC have you used, and how did they compare?
I had a few lower level dac before, never thought dac has too much difference until I heard Elektra. It gave a lot more definition in the bass region. It makes sound so real. And the dynamic, lot more than other dac. I used to think they are all due to amp too weak, then I know it’s due to source (dac and transporter). That’s why I upgraded the server as well.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
@Rhapsody what power conditioner are you using with pilium gear
I go straight into the wall with all amplifiers, including Pilium. Actually same with the Alexander preamp.

Pilium now offers a new DC filter that I will be using when I receive it.

Reactions: Long Live Analog

mxk116

Mar 24, 2022
  • Haha
Reactions: TDX

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
Looks like an updated model S speaker to me. Or maybe a model M in a different finish????

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing