Pilium vs Magico

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
I go straight into the wall with all amplifiers, including Pilium. Actually same with the Alexander preamp.

Pilium now offers a new DC filter that I will be using when I receive it.
How do you find their new dc filter? any thoughts please share.

Reactions: Long Live Analog

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
How do you find their new dc filter? any thoughts please share.
Hello, I don't have on yet at my place yet. I have one coming with my new Olympus/Kronos monos that are on order. We have the DC filter down at the Dallas location but it has not been connected yet, still setting up the M9s room where it will be used.

It was used by Magico in the Magico/Pilium last year at Munich with VYDA cables and it worked really well from a sonic perspective in the system. They will use one again at Munich 2023 in the Magico/Pilium/VYDA room.

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
I’m now running Pilium full loom to pair with Magico S5 MK2.
View attachment 82619
The big fat box in the front is Pilium Archilles. 300W @ 8?, 600W @ 4?, 1200W @ 2? (1 Ohm stable).
View attachment 82622

The top silver box is Pilium Ares pre amp. One wise people told me all the liquid sound is because of this preamp, which Pilium probably add special sauce to it.

View attachment 82621

And the black one underneath is the Pilium Elektra Dac. The first dac make me understand how much a dac can improve the sound. Mix and match is the new trend so I bought a black one for my system.

View attachment 82623

Pilium is a very new and young brand, but they know how to do things right and have truely high end products. More and more audiophiles started to hear about this brand.

Although Magico doesn’t really need a lot of watts, but it’s hungry for current to completely drive it. With Pilium system I heard the deep and clean bass with lots of textures.

What a beautiful setup !
Enjoy my friend.

My setup including Pilium Audio Achilles amp and Alexander pre-amp
With Kaiser Kawero classic C3
With Siltech cables

For my taste and Experience
The Best Combination!!

Heard Pilium with magicos
Including S7, Q5, s3mk2, a5

Fantastic!

Had The Elektra DAC for Demo
Excellent DAC !
Had it about 2 years ago with a different Setup
Hope soon I will Demo Again The Elektra on my current setup.

I'm using Lampizator Golden gate R2R balance ENGINE dac
Sound Fantastic!

20230113_130525.jpg

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
What a beautiful setup !
Enjoy my friend.

My setup including Pilium Audio Achilles amp and Alexander pre-amp
With Kaiser Kawero classic C3
With Siltech cables

For my taste and Experience
The Best Combination!!

Heard Pilium with magicos
Including S7, Q5, s3mk2, a5

Fantastic!

Had The Elektra DAC for Demo
Excellent DAC !
Had it about 2 years ago with a different Setup
Hope soon I will Demo Again The Elektra on my current setup.

I'm using Lampizator Golden gate R2R balance ENGINE dac
Sound Fantastic!

View attachment 107764
Great setup! If I can choose again I’ll choose Alexander, just to get even better sound.

Reactions: Forte and itay123

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
And I’ll be very curious about how you feel among lampi and Elektra dac when you can demo it again.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Great setup! If I can choose again I’ll choose Alexander, just to get even better sound.
Listen to Olympus:)

Reactions: itay123

itay123

Mar 5, 2023

Perfect with Achilles.

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
And I’ll be very curious about how you feel among lampi and Elektra dac when you can demo it again.
Sure
I'll be cover it and share it here.
When it comes to my local distributer and manage to take it for demo.

itay123

Mar 5, 2023

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
By the way I’m surprised that the Pilium website still hasn’t been updated for the new Zeus, Olympus etc. how’s their new dac look like?

I noticed that too.

I haven't seen Venus DAC anywhere yet.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
That's Crazy !

A near 70,000€ pre-amp !
Until you hear it:) Seriously though if a $70K Euros pre is crazy then a $50K pre is just as crazy:)

Preamplifiers can have more of an effect on the sound of a system vs the amplifiers. As long as the amplifiers can driver the speakers adequately.

Edit: I sold TWO Kondo G1000 preamps over the last two months. Retail $118Kusd each.

Last edited:
Reactions: itay123 and Forte

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
Amazing!

And yes a 50,000$ + 50,000$ SET (mine for example) it's a total madness.

But it's one of my best investments.

Reactions: Rhapsody

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Amazing!

And yes a 50,000$ + 50,000$ SET (mine for example) it's a total madness.

But it's one of my best investments.
You only live once! Enjoy!!!

Reactions: itay123

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
The Pilium site should have the new products updated on the site this week. Venus (new dac) has NOT been announced to the public as of yet by Pilium.

Edit: This would include Olympus, Zeus, Cronus and Atlas.

Unfortunately Konstantinos has been swamped with delivering orders, but updating the site is next on his team's list.

Last edited:
Reactions: TDX and itay123

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
The Pilium site should have the new products updated on the site this week. Venus (new dac) has NOT been announced to the public as of yet by Pilium.

Edit: This would include Olympus, Zeus, Cronus and Atlas.

Unfortunately Konstantinos has been swamped with delivering orders, but updating the site is next on his team's list.
Looking forward to reading more about Pilium. I have to say, while videos are just more fun than real, the videos of the Pilium & Magico combinations have generally been impressive.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Looking forward to reading more about Pilium. I have to say, while videos are just more fun than real, the videos of the Pilium & Magico combinations have generally been impressive.
Are you going to Munich? Magico will be using Pilium in their room. As well as in the Alsvyox room and two other rooms as well. Good chance to hear Pilium for yourself.

Reactions: Hyperion

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Are you going to Munich? Magico will be using Pilium in their room. As well as in the Alsvyox room and two other rooms as well. Good chance to hear Pilium for yourself.
Thanks for asking. Unfortunately not...nevertheless, will definitely keep Pilium on the list along with Wadax, AN DAC 5th Element for source and Gryphon Apex, Boulder 3060 for power.

Reactions: Rhapsody

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing