QSA LANEDRI Series

Hi Steven,
Very glad yo see that there is a QSA Forum on WBF.
Congratulations!

I think I wrote the first QSA review on WBF, back in 2012.
:D

May I ask you two questions?

Firstly, I notice on you website that QSA-Lanedri cables are being launched.

May you tell us more about them?
What metals are employed and what special features do they have?

Secondly, several frds of mine in Hong Kong have bought QSA JitterPower.
IMG-20221230-WA0009.jpg

Again, please tell the WBF members more about these series of accessories.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
CK

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, don’t disagree. The Wyred is a 1000 watt continuous, 1500 peak. The P15 is 1500 watts continuous. I don’t blast or leave the TV on continuously, so the active draw is probably not that great. The only time I shut down the P15 was playing deep bass tones through the subs at a decent level. EJ at Wyred thought I’d be well within his unit’s rating. That said, I agree that going well beyond wattage needed in power cords (or amp) shows well up in the sound.

Last edited:
Again, don’t disagree. The Wyred is a 1000 watt continuous, 1500 peak. The P15 is 1500 watts continuous.
Again, the numbers you quote say nothing about how well power will be delivered to meet the instantaneous demands of the music.

Power is the ability to do work. That measure tells us nothing about how quickly that work can be done. Two cars may have have a power rating that allows them to maintain a top speed of 200 mph. But, that tells us nothing about how quickly each car was able to get up to that speed.

I’m not saying that those current ratings aren’t important. I’m just saying that they aren’t relevant to why a 6 gauge power cord sounds better than a 10 gauge power cord. My guess is that even a 14 gauge power cord would allow the power specs you quoted to be met, but sound quality would suffer because the cord’s much higher impedance would have the components not getting power quickly enough to meet transient demands.

Reactions: PhoenixRising
Thanks for clarifying. Comparing WW’s Diamond and Platinum (14 gauge?) power cords at the wall showed a significant difference in tonal balance. Focusing just on Diamonds and GI’s, what stood out was that the sound differences between brands remained consistent with both power and XLR, even when mixed, e.g., Diamond power and QSA XLR’s (all combinations were tried).

Last edited:
We are happy to announce that we decided to provide the Gamma Infinity DC extension power cable at the low price of 1,000 USD. This offer is our way to help newcomers discovering the impacts of the QSA Lanedri cables.

The Gamma Infinity DC extension power cable has the Female 2.1 mm barrel on one end which is designed to couple with your existing 2.1mm or 2.5mm DC cable as either one fits. The component end has a 2.1mm male barrel + 2.5mm male adapter so it can be used with units that have 2.1mm or 2.5mm connectors.

We are happy to announce that we decided to provide the Gamma Infinity DC extension power cable at the low price of 1,000 USD. This offer is our way to help newcomers discovering the impacts of the QSA Lanedri cables.

The Gamma Infinity DC extension power cable has the Female 2.1 mm barrel on one end which is designed to couple with your existing 2.1mm or 2.5mm DC cable as either one fits. The component end has a 2.1mm male barrel + 2.5mm male adapter so it can be used with units that have 2.1mm or 2.5mm connectors.
Great strategy. How long are the extension cables?

The Spectra Series collection is enriched with the new Sablon Combo Ethernet cable. The gap between the Gamma and the Spectra Ethernet cable is on the same level as the one on the power cables level being a huge.

Sharing one of the users feedback that captures the gap between the Spectra and the Gamma Ethernet cables:
"- I hear improvements in the following:
  • Most noticeably, deeper, richer and more varied tonal colors (makes the Gamma Infinity Ethernet cable sound a bit pale)
  • More separation between instruments - more 3D - associated with greater body
  • Slightly lower noise floor
  • Even better timing and flow, and emotional engagement (is that downstream from the lower noise floor, allowing more transparency to micro-transients?)
  • Slightly improved 'presence' associated with better 'body', more defined and solid tonal colors, and better 'edge' definition).
Overall, I can remember Sven Boenicke describing the improvement of the W13 over the W8 as 'just more" - I didn't grasp what he meant until I heard it. Spectra Combo Ethernet cable is just more than the Gamma Infinity :)
Which already is more than my previous reference (Synergistic Research Galileo).
"

The MSRP of the Spectra Sablon Combo Ethernet cable is 7,000 USD and the first 50 orders are offered at the launch discount of 4,500 USD.

Owners of the Sablon Ethernet cables are eligible for the upgrade to the Spectra Series.

As part of the 50 first orders launch discount, the upgrade of the Sablon Ethernet cable owners to the Spectra Combo Ethernet cable is offered at 4,000 USD.
Very intriguing to read about QSA Landeri. Would it be possible to get pricing for those who already have Sablon cables and are contemplating having them sent to you to be upgraded via QSA Landeri? To be specific, how much is the 'top up price' if you are taking an existing Sablon cable and having it upgraded? Perhaps an update on your website?

Very intriguing to read about QSA Landeri. Would it be possible to get pricing for those who already have Sablon cables and are contemplating having them sent to you to be upgraded via QSA Landeri? To be specific, how much is the 'top up price' if you are taking an existing Sablon cable and having it upgraded? Perhaps an update on your website?
www.qsa-lanedri.com is updated with the pricing for upgrades of the Sablon cables owners to the Spectra Series.

Anas, With an iPad Mini 5 and all browsers, the right column in Red is cut off and not so readable. The whole page could use shifting considerably to the left.
The web page was tested on phones, in addition to laptops, and it looks readable but was not tested on the iPad.

The web page was tested on phones, in addition to laptops, and it looks readable but was not tested on the iPad.
With Win 10 in Opera, as you can see in the screenshot below, the page is readable but the whole thing could use shifting to the left. iOS must handle it differently.

Attachments

• QSA home page in Win 10 (Opera).JPG
    QSA home page in Win 10 (Opera).JPG
    211 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
R&D Update #1

As those of you who have read my previous posts on this thread know, at one point, I had an inexpensive $200 NVIDIA Shield TV Pro performing roughly on par with my much more expensive Taiko Extreme music server, a server that thus far had been the finest music server I had heard in my listening room. As incredulous as that might sound, I had several audiophile colleagues over and when subjected to blind listening tests, none could discern a noticeable difference between the two. Because I know my system best, I could hear a difference but it was a difference worth perhaps $1-2k but not $30k. This was both surprising and troubling but with time, I have figured out why. The Extreme has its kryptonite and here are 2 of them.

1) The network is far more harmful than anyone realized to any audio or video component connected to it and once properly addressed, even entry level streamers can sound exceptional. By now, with all the aftermarket audiophile network gear available on the market, this statement shouldn't be surprising to anyone but what QSA has exposed is just how harmful conductors in the network path can be. More on this later.

2) The Extreme craves current. Not in the same way that my power-hungry monoblock amplifiers crave current as my Extreme barely consumes 70 watts during playback but it craves low impedance current much more than my monoblocks do. Of all my audio gear, the Extreme scales the greatest when fed low impedance current. How does this manifest? Dynamics. Speed. Agility. Control. Responsiveness. These are the hallmarks that to my ears, separate the Extreme from anything else. The network has the potential to affect these things (as evidenced by the disastrous Roon update in 2020 that brought my Extreme to its knees) but inadequate power delivery can, too. It can seriously choke the Extreme. I have 6awg wire in my walls from my panel to my listening room. I installed them for the benefit of my monoblocks but today, I believe they benefit my Extreme more.

Back when I was doing all of this comparison testing between the NVIDIA and the Extreme, both devices were utilizing QSA-Lanedri Gamma LAN cables and both devices benefited greatly. While the Extreme was still very much the belle of the ball, the Gamma LAN cable had now allowed the NVIDIA entry into the same ballroom. The NVIDIA's stock SMPS had been replaced by a Paul Hynes SR4T LPSU which housed a QSA Silver fuse and was connected to a QSA Silver wall outlet via a Gamma Infinity power cord. The NVIDIA was connected to an outboard HD Fury Vertex 2 Dolby Vision device via a Gamma Infinity HDMI cable which then fed my dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC a 2-channel audio feed via Toslink. The cumulative impact of all of this QSA attention to this $200 device was simply huge. It had become dynamic as hell. Very fast, agile, responsive, and controlled.

The Extreme also housed a QSA Silver fuse and at the time, was connected to my Sound Application TT-7 line conditioner via a Q-L Spectra Infinity (6awg) power cable. The TT-7 line conditioner internally utilizes 10awg wire and this is as big a wire as most line conditioners use today. From the TT-7 to another QSA Silver wall outlet, I was using a 10awg Gamma Infinity power cord. Why was I using a 10awg power cord to feed this line conditioner? Because my 6awg Sablon Prince had been shipped to Hong Kong to get treated and this took awhile.

My newly treated 6awg Sablon Prince eventually found its way back to me and with it powering my line conditioner, thankfully, order was restored and while this much bigger gauge power cable and it's humongous Bocchino connector benefited the dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC greatly, it more hugely benefited the Extreme. Those of you using small gauge power conductor in your Extreme's path are in for a surprise. The Extreme is capable of so much more performance than what you're hearing.

This led me to wonder about how limiting my TT-7 line conditioner was. My wall outlets were QSA-treated but the outlets in the TT-7 were not. Furthermore, all the wire from my panel to the TT-7 and from the TT-7 to the Extreme were 6awg while the TT-7 utilized 10awg internally. Certainly, this was a choke hold, too. Beginning last year, with the help of @nenon, we put together this prototype power distributor.

1685989859991.png

It began life as a Furutech GTO-D3-NCF power distributor but we gutted it and essentially used just the chassis which I liked because the outlets are oriented in a way where I could plug in 6 giant Bocchino wall plugs into them if so desired. The Furutech outlets were replaced with QSA Silver outlets. A 6awg power cable with a giant Bocchino wall plug was then directly wired into the first outlet (no IEC was used). Obviously, the Bocchino and power cable were treated.

1685990190391.png

The outlets were wired internally with the same treated 6awg wire as well. While we have already found a way to improve the design of this line distributor with even bigger and better 4awg wire, the impact of plugging the Extreme into a device like this is beyond huge.

The gap between the Extreme and the NVIDIA is now laughable. There really is no comparison. Because this device freed up my treated Sablon Prince PC, I tried it on the NVIDIA and not surprisingly, it significantly improves the NVIDIA but it does not scale to large gauge like the Extreme does.

Last edited:
R&D Update #2 - The impact of treating DC wire

Thus far in our R&D with treating wire, we had treated AC wire exclusively (both power and signal). There was no reason to believe QSA treatment wouldn't benefit DC wire, we just hadn't gotten to it until recently. I had @QSA-LANEDRI treat a few of these cables for me.

1685991610323.png

This is basically a DC extension cable where the female end can be connected to any DC cable with a male 2.1mm x 5.5mm barrel (although 2.5mm x 5.5mm barrels generally work, too). This wire utilizes low purity 14awg conductor well suited to QSA treatment. This extension cable can be used to power your router, cable modem, or network switch. It can be used to power small DDCs from Uptone Audio, SOtM, Sonore, etc., like a USB Regen or tX-USBultra. It can be combined with almost any other PSU, both SMPS and linear.

I was expecting a decent uplift in SQ but was pleasantly surprised (shocked would be a better term) when the impact surpassed what I was hearing from a Gamma Infinity power cord and in some measures, even a Spectra PC. Not just dynamics and density improve but so does speed and slam. I tried it on everything I could and the impact was positive in every case but especially impactful on my Ubiquiti router and network switches. I would say its impact goes beyond the Gamma LAN cable and once again tells me how impactful the network can be in a digital audio setup. For those who are wondering about QSA products, beyond any of their other cables, fuses, outlets, etc., I would recommend you start with this DC extension cable. The impact for the dollar spent can't be beat.

If this is the performance I am hearing from an extension cable, what about a full cable? Once again, with the help of @nenon, we crafted a few DC cables using the same 14awg low purity wire but terminated with these giant Jaeger connectors.

1685992675904.png
1685993184471.png

If you own a Paul Hynes SR7 LPSU, then you know what these are. They are prized for being ultra low impedance (potentially <1 milliohm). They also contain a massive amount of conductor and amount to being like a Bocchino when it comes to responding to treatment. Using the same 2.1mm and 2.5mm barrel connectors on the other end, I again used these DC cables along with my SR7 to power my Ubiquiti router, cable modem, and network switches and the improvement over the DC extension cable is just massive. With the Jaeger, the improvement is "Ultimatum" level. If you have a PSU that utilizes a Jaeger, this cable is an easy recommendation. If you are contemplating a DIY LPSU, consider incorporating a Jaeger connector just so you can use a treated DC cable like this. The impact will likely be sizeable with other connectors like XLR, GX16, or Molex but they have not been tested yet. The potential here for DIY is just huge. If the opportunity arises to replace the internal wiring in my Extreme or other components, I won't hesitate to do it. It would appear the impact of QSA treatment on DC is greater than AC.

Last edited:
Hmm, I have a Paul Hynes SR4 (5v) that is used to power an iFi Spdif iPurifier. However, Paul used an XLR on the LPS end and added a micro USB for the iFi end. (not sure what the SR7 used). WhenbDave of ZenWave made me a custom DC cable, he instead finished the iFi end with a 2.1mm connector and I bought a DC Barrel jack adapter for the micro USB-C. Since those adapters are cheap and "break" easily when not handled carefully, I order a few at a time.

$1500 extra for an XLR connector on one end? I’m sure there’s a reason having to do with the production-QSA treatment process, but I’ll pass. For the custom 0.5m cable shown in the photo, the XLR was an extra $13 in place of the standard Oyaide 2.1 mm.

Attachments

• DC cable connection to iFi Spdif iPurifier - smaller.jpg
    DC cable connection to iFi Spdif iPurifier - smaller.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
R&D Update #3 - Improving the LAN cable

Unfortunately, certain cables do not and will never lend themselves to being large gauge and so QSA treatment on cables like this will have limited impact. With LAN cabling, because of the limitations of the design of RJ45 connectors, 23awg is about the largest wire you can use and that is the largest wire we have found. However, the connectors themselves can be quite large and so we tested a few variants. Blue Jeans Cable CAT6 UTP cables utilize Sentinel connectors in their standard configuration which BJC really like because they consistently allow their LAN cables to meet full bandwidth and with every LAN cable BJC makes, they provide measurements confirming this. As nice as the fancy and more expensive beefy metal connectors look, BJC claim they don't always measure well but since full CAT6 bandwidth isn't that crucial for audio, they went ahead and made some cables for us with much more expensive Belden REVConnect RJ45 connectors (both shielded and unshielded).

1685994743279.png

Once again, it was quite shocking to hear the uplift in SQ after treatment. The improvement was not subtle. It would be fair to say at least double the performance. I have not yet heard the new Spectra LAN cable that @QSA-LANEDRI is now marketing. This is being made for them by Sablon and Anas says they sound even better with far more density and so my curiosity is piqued.

One piece the Spectra Sablon "Combo" Ethernet cable comes with that I do have experience with is a Horn LAN Jitter and this little device is remarkable:

1685995336128.png
You basically place it "before" your LAN cable and if I am to be honest, it is a flavoring. For those who are absolute truth and transparency seekers, you might find yourself finding this device not to your liking and so you have the option to not use it but what I find this little device adds in my system is a heightened dose of "you are there" realism. It expands the sound field as if you've added vacuum tubes into your system and it's like your speakers disappear. I would never use them on their own or "after" the LAN cable because they soften transients but when used before the LAN cable, the combined effect is synergistic and can be magical. Holographically expansive, ethereal, saturated but realistic tone, non-fatiguing, supremely dynamic, and with tremendous presence. As much as I like to classify myself as a transparency seeker, I cannot get myself to remove this device from my network.

R&D Update #3 - Improving the LAN cable

Unfortunately, certain cables do not and will never lend themselves to being large gauge and so QSA treatment on cables like this will have limited impact. With LAN cabling, because of the limitations of the design of RJ45 connectors, 23awg is about the largest wire you can use and that is the largest wire we have found. However, the connectors themselves can be quite large and so we tested a few variants. Blue Jeans Cable CAT6 UTP cables utilize Sentinel connectors in their standard configuration which BJC really like because they consistently allow their LAN cables to meet full bandwidth and with every LAN cable BJC makes, they provide measurements confirming this. As nice as the fancy and more expensive beefy metal connectors look, BJC claim they don't always measure well but since full CAT6 bandwidth isn't that crucial for audio, they went ahead and made some cables for us with much more expensive Belden REVConnect RJ45 connectors (both shielded and unshielded).

View attachment 111322

Once again, it was quite shocking to hear the uplift in SQ after treatment. The improvement was not subtle. It would be fair to say at least double the performance. I have not yet heard the new Spectra LAN cable that @QSA-LANEDRI is now marketing. This is being made for them by Sablon and Anas says they sound even better with far more density and so my curiosity is piqued.

One piece the Spectra Sablon "Combo" Ethernet cable comes with that I do have experience with is a Horn LAN Jitter and this little device is remarkable:

View attachment 111323
You basically place it "before" your LAN cable and if I am to be honest, it is a flavoring. For those who are absolute truth and transparency seekers, you might find yourself finding this device not to your liking and so you have the option to not use it but what I find this little device adds in my system is a heightened dose of "you are there" realism. It expands the sound field as if you've added vacuum tubes into your system and it's like your speakers disappear. I would never use them on their own or "after" the LAN cable because they soften transients but when used before the LAN cable, the combined effect is synergistic and can be magical. Holographically expansive, ethereal, saturated but realistic tone, non-fatiguing, supremely dynamic, and with tremendous presence. As much as I like to classify myself as a transparency seeker, I cannot get myself to remove this device from my network.
My silver Crystal QSA Jitter plug used at the end of my Hijiri Takumi Power cord from the conditioner was an eye opener for me

Reactions: PhoenixRising

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing