QSA : My take on their expensive products

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
...It is my opinion, right or wrong, that you should start with your source.

First report (30 hours): The Reds arrived yesterday, giving me 27 hours before my ATC 40A active speakers would turn into 50A's, which is why I started the fuses there, replacing Audio Magic Ultimate Premier's. Right out of the box, the imaging and clarity improved, incrementally but clearly, and pianos tonally sounded even more like the real thing. At the same time, the sound was very smooth. But as often happens with the latter, it was not particularly full of body (air) or life, i.e., thin and flat sounding. By this morning, the good qualities stood out even more, while there were some signs of body and life, although still on the thin side. At least they were showing potential, although contrary to QSA, 24 hours burn in doesn't cut it (no surprise there).

With a few hours left before the ATC 50's arrived, the next step was to move the Reds to the Lampi TRP dac and Supratek Cabernet preamp, replacing their AM UP and an SR Orange fuses -- with the AM's back in the speakers. With that, came a big surprise: the Reds made absolutely no difference over the previous fuses. In this case, it seems the amp (speakers) was the place to start. But what about the sources?? Puzzling...

So now I have new speakers that need two or three weeks of burn in themselves, while the dac is likely off to Poland for repairs and upgrades (a cheap Schiit will fill in). In the meantime, I'll move one or both Reds around and see what turns up, and report back once everything settles.

Reactions: Töki and Willgolf

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Well, putting “QSA fuses” in a search engine, I come up with…

Here’s a better link for those who struggle with that…

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Here’s a better link for those who struggle with that…

In my old age, I’m trying to be diplomatic. Putting a few words together to search for something I’m curious about I do many times a day, but for reasons I don’t entirely fathom, I find that’s not an instinctive step for a lot of people. But I do wonder where Maril came up with the figures he cited.

Last edited:

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
I find that’s not an instinctive step for a lot of people.
I hear you about being diplomatic. Eventually I’ll get there too.

I think the question that was asked about prices was more of a statement than an actual question.

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
The QSA site seems not well programmed. I’ve found that the price chart has to be expanded to full screen on my Win 10 desktop to see the left side. That’s not available on my iPad Mini.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
With these QSA AC Outlets are there any improvements on the Video side of things ?
Any improvements with your TV picture quality ?

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
I can’t answer your question about QSA outlets, although in principle it should help the picture. Short of that, what is your video set up? With a modified Oppo 203 involved, I use a better video quality HDMI cable, the AQ Vodka, a better power cable if the TV allows — Samsung does, LG doesn’t — and, if you have cable TV, both of those + an inline filter. All fed from a Furutech NCF outlet and PS Audio P15 regenerator. Does wonders.

auricgoldfinger

Dec 8, 2019
With these QSA AC Outlets are there any improvements on the Video side of things ?
Any improvements with your TV picture quality ?

In my video setup, I use an HDFury Vertex2 to split the feed from an Nvidia Shield TV Pro to a monitor and an AVR in order to improve video quality while allowing the AVR to run my 7.1 channel audio. The SMPS inside the AVR degrades video quality. I use a Farad3 LPS with an SR purple fuse for the Shield TV Pro and a Farad3 with a QSA silver fuse for the Vertex2. In this setup, the QSA silver fuse has a huge impact on video quality in terms of color saturation, contrast, and blackness. I am mesmerized by the picture quality whenever I watch TV.

Obviously, I have not directly answered your question, but given my results, I would expect a QSA silver outlet to have a similar effect.

Last edited:

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015
...there is a price chart on this page, for those still looking. It can be confusing as there are multiple sites for QSA...none of which are very good, IMO:
That price list has 2 additional fuses at $5,000 and $10,000 o_O

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
The silver has been there for some time. The gold has too, though for much less time. but whether the latter shows or not depends on what type of device one is using to look at the site. No one here or anywhere else I've come across has mentioned even trying the gold. But yes, the pricing mentioned by the comment earlier was correct. Of course, there's a "So what?" to be asked.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I tried emailing QSA in HK but received no response. I was trying to find out about the circuit breakers they have.

5,000 dollars for a silver duplex. WTF!!!!!!

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
You might contact Michael at tweakgeek.com.

auricgoldfinger

Dec 8, 2019
AFAIK, no gold level products are being produced yet. They are still in R&D.

Sell as many silver products as possible, then introduce gold and get everyone to upgrade. ;)

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
You might contact Michael at tweakgeek.com.
TBH, I was hoping for a different perspective, especially about the circuit breaker items.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
AFAIK, no gold level products are being produced yet. They are still in R&D.

Sell as many silver products as possible, then introduce gold and get everyone to upgrade. ;)
They will sell very few at those prices!

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013

L3RD

Apr 30, 2022
Are
Now come to power receptacles.
The dealer lent us Red ; Black-Red ; Ultra Black-Red models.
I only joined one of the three (last) gatherings to audition the receptacles but my friends commented that the sonic character and hierarchy of the models of fuses and receptacles are very similar.

I listened to the Black-Red receptacle. It was installed on a MYSTJ powerstrip (a Taiwan brand). The IEC was Furutech rhodium and hookup wires of the Triple-C copper variety.

I like the powerstrips made by MYSTJ a lot. They are CNCed from solid aluminium and with excellent external finishing :
View attachment 84497

The Furutec IEC :
View attachment 84498

Simple internal connection :
View attachment 84499

Very interesting to discover that there were two minute gemstones installed on the posterior aspect of the receptacle. One red & one blue. Are they ruby & sapphire?
View attachment 84500

I was again very very intrigued by the Musicality and Naturalness of this Black-Red receptacle.
It resembled its sibling the Black-Red fuse almost completely.
I think some of you who know me understand that I treasure these two audio virtues/characters most.
Are they glass, plastic? Stones do not make good conductors, nor does glass or ordinary plastics. Just saying, fwiw.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing