QSA RED

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
Dear All I have replaced the QSA yellow fuse to the red fuse, have clocked 150+ hours what I hear is that the bass is tight but less in quantity than the yellow.

Is it that it needs more burn in or is this the trait of the RED fuse.

One thing I did notice Red is more natural then the yellow.

Answers will be appreciated specially from the QSA RED fuse users.

Thanks

Last edited:

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Hello,

I am not sure about the red fuse as I skipped it and went black/red. All I can say is that the yellow fuse should be mandatory for anyone with a 5 figure box. Meaning if you spent over $10K for the box then the extra $200 for the yellow fuse is a total no-brainer.

Going from a stock fuse to a yellow fuse is a huge upgrade. One might think that this step would be the biggest. But going from yellow to red/black was far bigger than going from stock to yellow. The red/black brings much more resolution which brings more timing information along with it. It also adds purity and richness to the tone. Lower noise floor wich in turns means more audible decay and space between notes. All of this adds up to a much more musical experience.

I will not listen to any fuse higher up the chain as the red/black is already obscenely priced and is simply the most I am willing to spend on a fuse. (at this time. If I win the powerball then all bets are off).

Now that a few weeks have passed how has your experience with the red fuse gone? Are you still happy with what it is bringing to the table?

Reactions: Steveo and treitz3

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
Y
Hello,

I am not sure about the red fuse as I skipped it and went black/red. All I can say is that the yellow fuse should be mandatory for anyone with a 5 figure box. Meaning if you spent over $10K for the box then the extra $200 for the yellow fuse is a total no-brainer.

Going from a stock fuse to a yellow fuse is a huge upgrade. One might think that this step would be the biggest. But going from yellow to red/black was far bigger than going from stock to yellow. The red/black brings much more resolution which brings more timing information along with it. It also adds purity and richness to the tone. Lower noise floor wich in turns means more audible decay and space between notes. All of this adds up to a much more musical experience.

I will not listen to any fuse higher up the chain as the red/black is already obscenely priced and is simply the most I am willing to spend on a fuse. (at this time. If I win the powerball then all bets are off).

Now that a few weeks have passed how has your experience with the red fuse gone? Are you still happy with what it is bringing to the table?
Yes it is good but now I have added a black/red jitter to the DAC and WOW just done 5 hours.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Dear All I have replaced the QSA yellow fuse to the red fuse, have clocked 150+ hours what I hear is that the bass is tight but less in quantity than the yellow.

Is it that it needs more burn in or is this the trait of the RED fuse.

One thing I did notice Red is more natural then the yellow.

Answers will be appreciated specially from the QSA RED fuse users.

Thanks
Hi...looking forward to your experience. The closest experience I have is QSA Lan Jitter Org Gold and IEC Jitter Gold (20-amp). Interestingly, I recorded/noted changes by day. At around 148 hours, the spectrum got very inconsistent...and I was not entirely worried about it...I have experienced similar things before on other burn-ins. But I emailed the importer, and was told also to watch the 200 hour mark for lightening up of bass in particular which a number of audiophiles had noted.

At around 168 hours the bass did indeed start to lighten and by 252 hours it had started to come back...and stronger much more articulate than before.

I am around 382 hours now, and things have settled in spectrum-wise, but sound continues to hone and improve subtly but noticeably.

Reactions: jasond

jasond

Aug 18, 2022
Did someone try upgrading a QSA to a streamer, switch etc and if they impacted sound also that massive than QSA in an amp or DAC?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing