Question on using a digital oscilloscope for cartridge alignment

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
Just found out from a UK Dealer for AnalogMagik that they only have the V1 is in stock from the UK Distributor for £650 and the V2 doesn't have a delivery time (assume it is not in stock anywhere in the UK at the moment) and will cost £1,100.

What is interesting is the V1 to V2 upgrade (also not in stock anywhere in the UK at the moment) will cost £250 i.e. buying the V1 and then the V2 upgrade later is cheaper than buying the V2 first ! lol :)

Does anybody have any experience of upgrading from V1 to V2 with any issues etc. ?

Reason I am asking this question is, I am thinking to get the V1 now which I should receive some time next week so I can check my cartridge set-up ASAP and order the V2 upgrade at the same time (with maybe waiting for 4+ weeks ????) or order the V2 and maybe also have to wait 4+ weeks ???? for it to arrive ?
I'm waiting for V2 also but you don't miss anything with V1. It's a complete package that offers all alignments including zenith. Using VTA track for zenith is also approved by the designer of AM, Richard Mak as a smart move. I use VTA track and never had an issue. I recommend you to buy V1 but keep in mind that AM requires a lot of practice.

Reactions: Bonesy Jonesy

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
I'm waiting for V2 also but you don't miss anything with V1. It's a complete package that offers all alignments including zenith. Using VTA track for zenith is also approved by the designer of AM, Richard Mak as a smart move. I use VTA track and never had an issue. I recommend you to buy V1 but keep in mind that AM requires a lot of practice.
Thank you 'mtemur' for your post. Very much appreciated.

Ok, I will purchase the V1 now so hopefully it will arrive next week and at the same time the V2 upgrade which may take a few weeks to arrive into the UK. By the V2 arrives I should be fully accustomed to V1.

I have already bought the ART USB Phono Plus PC interface box (as recommended by AM) and a new Lenovo i5 14" screen laptop (also as recommended by AM) specifically for the AM. So as soon as AM V1 arrives I am ready to rock and roll.

Reactions: mtemur

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing