Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms

Rhapsody.Audio- Listening Rooms (RLRs)

Rhapsody.Audio would like to announce that within the next 3-4 months there will be multiple new locations where several of the product lines that Rhapsody.Audio represents will be available to audition via Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms (RLRs).

Initially, the RLR’s will have the products available for demonstration mentioned below. Upon opening, the DFW RLR will have a very similar product offering as that available at Rhapsody.Audio in Manhattan.

Over time, all locations will be expanding their portfolio to a comparable scale as that of NYC/DFW.

The RLRs will be available to host auditions by appointment. All product ordering and delivery logistics will be processed and supported from the Rhapsody.Audio NYC location.

Product assistance and installation will be supported by Rhapsody.Audio NYC along with the RLRs depending on customer location.

The RLR locations are:

Portland - Rhapsody.Audio RLR

Products available to audition (coming soon)

-Pilium

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody.Audio DFW

Products available to audition:

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

-Pilium

-VYGER

-Kondo

-Taiko Audio

-VYDA

West Palm Beach & Miami (2 Florida locations) Rhapsody.Audio WPB/Miami

West Palm Beach will open initially. Miami will follow when the RLR is ready to host customers.

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Chicago, IL Rhapsody.Audio Chicago

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Long Island, NY Rhapsody.Audio Long Island

-Kondo

-Alsyvox

Dallas-RLR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Raidho TD3.8's driven with a VAC 170 iQ integrated at Rhapsody.Audio - Brooklyn.
View attachment 89120
I'm fascinated how you are taking natural spaces and using them for high-end audio, just how actual audiophiles would use their own homes.
BRAVO for not sticking with highly-designed spaces that might translate to disappointment (or at least surprise) once people install at home. Of course each room sounds different - and a home demo is best once close to the finish line - but your approach is appreciated. Nicely done.

Last edited:
I'm fascinated how you are taking natural spaces and using them for high-end audio, just how actual audiophiles would use their own homes.
BRAVO for not sticking with highly-designed spaces that might translate to disappointment (or at least surprise) once people install at home. Of course each space sounds different - and a home demo is best once close the finish line - but your approach is appreciated. Nicely done.
Thank you very much!

Reactions: gds7368
I am surprised you dont carry Cessaro in your product portfolio.
Hi Tang,

Cessaro are wonderful speakers. In the US Jeff Catalano at High Water Sound, located in Manhattan, has been the US distributor for Cessaro for many years. https://highwatersound.com

Jeff also makes GREAT SOUND at all of the shows that he does as well as at his cool space in NYC.

With all of the speaker brands that Rhapsody represents we work directly with the manufacturers vs. through distribution so Cessaro was never in the cards for Rhapsody.

And also Rapshody is Kondo distributor so will be interesting offer Cessaro with Ongaku or biamped with G70 and 2 Souga
Now that I have updated my Kaguras with GE or RCA 1940s NOS 211 tubes and all input and rectifier tubes also with NOS tubes and playing on the Diesis Roma Triode I have found my Kondo Heaven. The Kaguras offer a completely different experience even with NOS GE tubes (better with RCAs) vs the stock tubes. Input tubes maybe make more of a difference than the 211s and also the rectifiers as well. With all of the NOS tubes together the Kaguras now finally sound like true magic for me with my Roma Triode.

I understand that WE, United, Amperex all are even superior to GE/RCAs but they are almost impossible to find. At least with the GE/RCAs they are somewhat findable and also offer a much improved sound vs the stock tubes.

Once my customers hear even the GE or RCAs I need to get them at least these 211 variants and if they heard the WE/United/Amperex I would be in trouble trying to find tubes for their Kaguras or Ongakus.
Image-52.png Image-51-2.jpeg

Last edited:
Now that I have updated my Kaguras with GE or RCA 1940s NOS 211 tubes and all input and rectifier tubes also with NOS tubes and playing on the Diesis Roma Triode I have found my Kondo Heaven. The Kaguras offer a completely different experience even with NOS GE tubes (better with RCAs) vs the stock tubes. Input tubes maybe make more of a difference than the 211s and also the rectifiers as well. With all of the NOS tubes together the Kaguras now finally sound like true magic for me with my Roma Triode.

I understand that WE, United, Amperex all are even superior to GE/RCAs but they are almost impossible to find. At least with the GE/RCAs they are somewhat findable and also offer a much improved sound vs the stock tubes.

Once my customers hear even the GE or RCAs I need to get them at least these 211 variants and if they heard the WE/United/Amperex I would be in trouble trying to find tubes for their Kaguras or Ongakus.
View attachment 89158 View attachment 89159

It‘s pictures like this that say to me, “Don’t build that audio room you’re planning.” This is absolutely gorgeous. And this is the most common set up that one sees nice systems in. Absolutely Beautiful.

Reactions: Rhapsody
Yes, that is a really nice room for listening! I especially like the absence of ugly acoustic treatments.

To give some perspective of scale, what are the dimensions of the room?

Yes, that is a really nice room for listening! I especially like the absence of ugly acoustic treatments.

To give some perspective of scale, what are the dimensions of the room?
Hi, Thx. Yes I would not have been opposed to adding some treatments if it was necessary, but from the first time it was set up, it was clear that it had it's own sound and it should not be altered.

The room is 14'6" wide and 22' deep with barely 8' ceilings....nice and cozy. Honestly you can get lost listening to music in this room. It's very isolated.

Reactions: Tango
@Rhapsody
Thanks for posting the room dimensions. I am not surprised that room sounds good. Its dimensions are nearly identical to my room (14’8” x 20 x 8) which is far and away the best sounding room I have ever had.

View attachment 89158 View attachment 89159
Hi Bob, I am fully with you! You definately have to insert good nos tubes in order to understand what the Kondo poweramps and preamp are really capable of. See some of my earlier posts on the nos valves I am using with my Kagura’s, Gakuoh amps and G-1000. And I am pretty sure you have not heard the Kagura’s at their best: what about getting top notch gz34 rectifiers (and I know: getting 8 of them is a ‘pain in the ass’ but also very rewarding as we spoke about lately) and grounding them with a Tripoint ’grounding’ device. But I am just teasing: happy to hear that you are enjoying the Kondo’s so much and congrats on the beatfiful listening room.

Hi Bob, I am fully with you! You definately have to insert good nos tubes in order to understand what the Kondo poweramps and preamp are really capable of. See some of my earlier posts on the nos valves I am using with my Kagura’s, Gakuoh amps and G-1000. And I am pretty sure you have not heard the Kagura’s at their best: what about getting top notch gz34 rectifiers (and I know: getting 8 of them is a ‘pain in the ass’ but also very rewarding as we spoke about lately) and grounding them with a Tripoint ’grounding’ device. But I am just teasing: happy to hear that you are enjoying the Kondo’s so much and congrats on the beatfiful listening room.
I am following your trail!!!

So if anyone out there has 4, actually 8 each WE, United or Amperex 211's, hiding under the covers, as Chris, the Dallas RLR, who has Kaguras, currently running with NOS RCAs, also would like a set of 4 either PLEASE pm me. We need matched pairs, not necessarily matched quads but they need to test strong at 1000V.

I have a lead on 8 each nos Mullard GZ34's for my rectifiers but if anyone knows of a set of 8 GZ34''s also pm me.

It's not that finding 8 GZ34 NOS is a pita, it's just seems impossible to find, period. Same with the mentioned 211's, but of course they are out there somewhere.

My tech tests the 211s at 1000V, which a lot of people that test/sell tubes check them at 500 or 600 volts. That doesn't tell the story. I just returned 8 NOS RCAs after we tested them as 3 of the 4 were VERY weak when tested at 1000V....ugh.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing