Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms

Rhapsody.Audio- Listening Rooms (RLRs)

Rhapsody.Audio would like to announce that within the next 3-4 months there will be multiple new locations where several of the product lines that Rhapsody.Audio represents will be available to audition via Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms (RLRs).

Initially, the RLR’s will have the products available for demonstration mentioned below. Upon opening, the DFW RLR will have a very similar product offering as that available at Rhapsody.Audio in Manhattan.

Over time, all locations will be expanding their portfolio to a comparable scale as that of NYC/DFW.

The RLRs will be available to host auditions by appointment. All product ordering and delivery logistics will be processed and supported from the Rhapsody.Audio NYC location.

Product assistance and installation will be supported by Rhapsody.Audio NYC along with the RLRs depending on customer location.

The RLR locations are:

Portland - Rhapsody.Audio RLR

Products available to audition (coming soon)

-Pilium

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody.Audio DFW

Products available to audition:

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

-Pilium

-VYGER

-Kondo

-Taiko Audio

-VYDA

West Palm Beach & Miami (2 Florida locations) Rhapsody.Audio WPB/Miami

West Palm Beach will open initially. Miami will follow when the RLR is ready to host customers.

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Chicago, IL Rhapsody.Audio Chicago

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Long Island, NY Rhapsody.Audio Long Island

-Kondo

-Alsyvox

Dallas-RLR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Please see the current pics below. The pic in this photo/attachment above was taken prior to our final set up, which is now complete. The X crossovers are behind the speakers and the distance from the rear wall is 1M+. Sounds GREAT and also blends in with the loft lifestyle everyday living.
Hi all. Just weighing in here. As Bob mentioned, I’ve been able to bring the Tintorettos FF5F5717-DBFB-41F2-AC73-31B2461CDECA.jpeg further out into the room.. In a perfect world, I’d have room to set everything up so that I’d have only the amp between the speakers but I’m very happy with the current solution. Given a choice between having the system I have in the space allowed or not at all, I believe I’ve chosen well. You should be able to find my current equipment list in my signature. The biggest asset of the external x-overs is that, as a fan of having a bi-amped system, the x-overs are so well designed that the Centaur drives them beautifully.
FYI, not a lot of people come by the apartment who know what they are looking at and, frankly, were more impressed by the pretty blue lights of the MacIntosh gear (an ill-fated experiment, I’m afraid) than the Constellation gear.
Please see the current pics below. The pic in this photo/attachment above was taken prior to our final set up, which is now complete. The X crossovers are behind the speakers and the distance from the rear wall is 1M+. Sounds GREAT and also blends in with the loft lifestyle everyday living.

The Raidho TD1.2's have arrived at Rhapsody Brooklyn. They throw a 3D holographic soundstage with gobs of layering on the soundstage and are easy to drive, which wasn't the case with their predecessors. I have no desire to turn on the subs with them. Driving them with a Constellation integrated and use them for both projection tv and streaming via an Esoteric N01XD network that is running Roon core on the Extreme server and delivering Roon to the Esoteric over the network (no usb or cable connections to the Extreme). Sounds top flight.
IMG_3796.jpg

Last edited:
Rhapsody.Audio- DFW new showroom. (Teaser)

The M9s with Pilium Olympus and two each Zeus stereo amps, Taiko Extreme, VYDA cabling all installed today. First time the Pilium gear was turned on. This is the first preliminary pic. There will also be a VYGER Atlantis TT in the room. Just starting to break in the electronics. Still lots of work to do. Many more to follow.

There is an adjoining room with Alsyvxo, Bayz and Diesis speakers with Kondo and Pilium electronics.

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-11 at 2.30.49 PM.jpeg

Last edited:

The M9s with Pilium Olympus and two each Zeus stereo amps, Taiko Extreme, VYDA cabling all installed today. First time the Pilium gear was turned on. This is the first preliminary pic. There will also be a VYGER Atlantis TT in the room. Just starting to break in the electronics. Still lots of work to do. Many more to follow.

There is an adjoining room with Alsyvxo, Bayz and Diesis speakers with Kondo and Pilium electronics.

View attachment 105937
Fantastic Chris.

Looking forward to experiencing this extraordinary rig in person.

View attachment 105937
Wow, Bob, what a major slice of audio heaven! I’m curious about the room treatment on the front wall. What brand and was it installed making adjustments by ear or with software or a combination of the two? I hope you are weller than well!

Last edited:
Wow, Bob, what a major slice of audio heaven! I’m curious about the room treatment on the front wall. What brand and was it installed making adjustments by ear or with software or a combination of the two? I hope you are weller than well!
The spline diffusors on the front wall are from Kaiser Acoustics in Germany. Chris Hesse, the owner of Rhapsody.Audio Dallas actually installed those himself. He's very handy;) Chris and I have previous experience with these diffusers and have worked with Kaiser to determine the acoustic layout of the room.

The spline diffusors on the front wall are from Kaiser Acoustics in Germany. Chris Hesse, the owner of Rhapsody.Audio Dallas actually installed those himself. He's very handy;) Chris and I have previous experience with these diffusers and have worked with Kaiser to determine the acoustic layout of the room.
Here is another pic while the room was still under construction last week. We will be doing professional pics in a few weeks once everything is settled and moved in, which is still in process. All of this rooms acoustic treatments (front, side and ceiling) are from Kaiser Acoustics. This pic was taken prior to the white center spline diffusers were painted.
WhatsApp Image 2023-03-07 at 12.33.27 PM.jpeg

New Alsyvox Botticelli X speakers installed today by Jerry Barker (last pic center), and BIG FRIENDS. Jerry is the owner of Rhapsody.Audio - Chicago.

And of course in the first two pics the proud new owner of his Botticelli X.

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-18 at 4.40.14 PM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2023-03-18 at 4.40.14 PM.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-03-18 at 4.40.14 PM (3).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-03-18 at 4.40.14 PM (3).jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 308
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-03-18 at 4.40.14 PM (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-03-18 at 4.40.14 PM (2).jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 306
Last edited by a moderator:
I was lucky to visit bobs audio emporium in Brooklyn last week amazing sites and sound a tough combo to achieve but he does this always.
let’s call him the david copper field of audio.
seen and heard almost all above. I do intend to make a good post about the visit. The ones above this post are so cool just to look at and then comes the sound so good
The bayz are my fav in just looks and blows me away in sound

asylvox to me are panels that truly show me how far panels have evolved to.
all seemed to not need massive amounts of power yet blow you away in the process anyway.

I was lucky to visit bobs audio emporium in Brooklyn last week amazing sites and sound a tough combo to achieve but he does this always.
let’s call him the david copper field of audio.
seen and heard almost all above. I do intend to make a good post about the visit. The ones above this post are so cool just to look at and then comes the sound so good
The bayz are my fav in just looks and blows me away in sound

asylvox to me are panels that truly show me how far panels have evolved to.
all seemed to not need massive amounts of power yet blow you away in the process anyway.
Hi

Yes ALSYVOX planars are incredibly transparent but also very (very) dynamic. If they represent a quite easy load for amplifiers, I discovered that they are the mirror of the audio system of course but particularly of the amplifiers. I tried many (Audionet, Tenor, others...) and found that I could achieve premium sound but it seems they could do better. When I tried an ultra high end solid state amplifier from France (not available in USA), the speakers become near magical: definition to die for, huge dynamics with slam (i was afraid at first listenings), much better tones than any amplifier I had those last 25 years. It's not a matter of compatibility, it's about the way this amplifier drive speakers.

KR

Philippe

Reactions: Rhapsody

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing