Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms

Rhapsody.Audio- Listening Rooms (RLRs)

Rhapsody.Audio would like to announce that within the next 3-4 months there will be multiple new locations where several of the product lines that Rhapsody.Audio represents will be available to audition via Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms (RLRs).

Initially, the RLR’s will have the products available for demonstration mentioned below. Upon opening, the DFW RLR will have a very similar product offering as that available at Rhapsody.Audio in Manhattan.

Over time, all locations will be expanding their portfolio to a comparable scale as that of NYC/DFW.

The RLRs will be available to host auditions by appointment. All product ordering and delivery logistics will be processed and supported from the Rhapsody.Audio NYC location.

Product assistance and installation will be supported by Rhapsody.Audio NYC along with the RLRs depending on customer location.

The RLR locations are:

Portland - Rhapsody.Audio RLR

Products available to audition (coming soon)

-Pilium

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody.Audio DFW

Products available to audition:

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

-Pilium

-VYGER

-Kondo

-Taiko Audio

-VYDA

West Palm Beach & Miami (2 Florida locations) Rhapsody.Audio WPB/Miami

West Palm Beach will open initially. Miami will follow when the RLR is ready to host customers.

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Chicago, IL Rhapsody.Audio Chicago

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Long Island, NY Rhapsody.Audio Long Island

-Kondo

-Alsyvox

Dallas-RLR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Yes ALSYVOX planars are incredibly transparent but also very (very) dynamic. If they represent a quite easy load for amplifiers, I discovered that they are the mirror of the audio system of course but particularly of the amplifiers. I tried many (Audionet, Tenor, others...) and found that I could achieve premium sound but it seems they could do better. When I tried an ultra high end solid state amplifier from France (not available in USA), the speakers become near magical: definition to die for, huge dynamics with slam (i was afraid at first listenings), much better tones than any amplifier I had those last 25 years. It's not a matter of compatibility, it's about the way this amplifier drive speakers.

KR

Philippe
Hi Philippe,

We feel the same way when driving the Alsyvox speakers with Pilium. Luckily we will be showing this combination at Munich in May. Maybe I will see you there!

Last edited:
Reactions: BillK and PhP
Hi Philippe,

We feed the same way when driving the Alsyvox speakers with Pilium. Luckily we will be showing this combination at Munich in May. Maybe I will see you there!
Hi

Yes I will be in Munich, the place to be in May. It will be a pleasure to meet you. Next year, I will show "my" new reference amplifier, This will be a fine moment of music and people will understand why disruptive technology approach from aerospace and military technologies help to design better amplifiers.
KR
Philippe

Hi Philippe,

We feel the same way when driving the Alsyvox speakers with Pilium. Luckily we will be showing this combination at Munich in May. Maybe I will see you there!
Hi Bob,
just checked the list of exhibitionists at Axpona. Really looking forward to hearing Bayz again . But what about Alsyvox and diesis?

Hi Caesar,

Bayz is at the show as you said. The available rooms are too small for the Botticelli X that we have in Chicago. Jerry, our Chicago Rhaposody gent already has people lined up that will be attending the show to also visit his place to hear both the Botticelli X and the Diesis.

I won't be at the show. I will be at Munich in the Alsvyox/Pilium from and the Magico/Pilium room.

Jerry, Bob West from Rhapsody Portland and Zoltan Bay will be manning the Axpona room.

I will be in Dallas setting up the new showroom with Chris. M9's, Diesis Roma Triode, Bayz Counterpoint and Botticelli X all are settling in at the new DFW showroom. I am going down almost weekly. Lot's of work.

Reactions: BillK
Just installed a new Kondo M7/Heritage preamp w/built in phono stage. This is with one hour out of the crate. System is:

Taiko Extreme w/new Taiko Switch (playing a local 44.1 file)>>>Esoteric DAC>>>Kondo Heritage pre>>>Kondo Kagura monos>>>Diesis Roma Triode speakers>>>all VYDA cabling.

Hi

Yes I will be in Munich, the place to be in May. It will be a pleasure to meet you. Next year, I will show "my" new reference amplifier, This will be a fine moment of music and people will understand why disruptive technology approach from aerospace and military technologies help to design better amplifiers.
KR
Philippe
Congratulations, Bob, on another fantastic Alsyvox review!

Hi

yes, great review of these wonderful speakers.
Just to correct Greg Weaver, it's not the World premiere review of these speakers. A French audio magazine reviewed them in December 2021 and a Swiss reviewer reviewed them in august 2022, all reviews at PHPAUDIO.
First review was Botticelli X and the second review was Botticelli X with upgraded cables from crossovers to speakers.
The next one will be in April in conjunction to the new amplifier that is much better than the one used in 2021 and 2022.
Customers could take appointment before of after Munich show to listen to Botticelli X in a unique set up.
KR
Philippe

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-04-01 à 08.48.59.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-04-01 à 08.48.59.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • Capture d’écran 2023-04-01 à 08.49.35.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-04-01 à 08.49.35.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
Reactions: Rhapsody
Looking good Bob and Chris. That must be a huge room to make those M9s look like they are M6s. I was in Dallas two weeks ago but cancelled the visit because the room was not quite ready. I will reschedule a visit with Chris the next time I go there.

Is not the VYGER going on that room?

Looking good Bob and Chris. That must be a huge room to make those M9s look like they are M6s. I was in Dallas two weeks ago but cancelled the visit because the room was not quite ready. I will reschedule a visit with Chris the next time I go there.

Is not the VYGER going on that room?
Hi Peter,

The room is 20' X 28' X 12'.

The VYGER Atlantis is on a three point stand sitting behind the massive Pilium Zeus amp on the left. You can see it on the first pic between the left M9 and the left Zeus amp.

The room cosmetically is now complete, but next week after Axpona, Alon/team will be doing a room/M9 calibration. We took off the wheels of the M9s and installed the Mpods while I was visiting Chris last week.

I can say that the pics don't convey what it is like being in this room. I believe anyone that visits will agree, it has a special and unique feel to it, which has a lot to do with all of the Kaiser Acoustic wall and ceiling panels. Very dimensional feeling when sitting in the room.

That is a very interesting wooden spine running down the center of the ceiling. I look forward to visiting Chris in the future. This looks like a very serious effort. Congratulations.

Reactions: ctydwn
That is a very interesting wooden spine running down the center of the ceiling. I look forward to visiting Chris in the future. This looks like a very serious effort. Congratulations.
Yes, Chris wasn't messing around when building the room. All of the front/side/ceiling panels are from Kaiser Acoustics in Germany. Chris and some helpers hung all of the room treatments.

Peter, the ceiling treatment was a bear..... There are 9 panels that run combined approx. 27' long x 9' wide. I'd guess the total weight of all would be close to 1500#. This was all over 12' in the air so man lifts had to be brought in for fabrication.

There are 2 rooms in the building that we gutted. One houses the Alsyvox/Pilium system and on the opposite side the Diesis/Kondo then the M9 room. Both rooms are identical size and construction. They are "rooms within a room" meaning completely sealed off with about a 4" air gap to neighboring walls. 2x8 studs with quiet rock 545 inside and outside skin. 545 is a 5 layer glue laminated drywall with a sheet of steel mixed in for good effect. Each 4' x 8' sheet weighs a whopping 275# and is 1.375" thick. Needless to say, the contractor had never worked with it before and wasn't real thrilled with me when the product arrived.

The end result is somewhat stunning solitude on a busy city street.

Initial RTA analysis of the room indicates quite a smooth frequency response. The guys at Kaiser Acoustics are great people who excel at their craft of making room treatment look more like fine furniture rather than burlap wrapped insulation. Their approach was wholistic but not intrusive.

I look forward to your visit next time. Sorry the VYGER wasn't set up yet. Maybe this week.

Thank you Chris for that information. Sounds like quite a lot of effort but it will be worth it when it is all finished. I would love to see some images of the second room.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing