Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms

Rhapsody.Audio- Listening Rooms (RLRs)

Rhapsody.Audio would like to announce that within the next 3-4 months there will be multiple new locations where several of the product lines that Rhapsody.Audio represents will be available to audition via Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms (RLRs).

Initially, the RLR’s will have the products available for demonstration mentioned below. Upon opening, the DFW RLR will have a very similar product offering as that available at Rhapsody.Audio in Manhattan.

Over time, all locations will be expanding their portfolio to a comparable scale as that of NYC/DFW.

The RLRs will be available to host auditions by appointment. All product ordering and delivery logistics will be processed and supported from the Rhapsody.Audio NYC location.

Product assistance and installation will be supported by Rhapsody.Audio NYC along with the RLRs depending on customer location.

The RLR locations are:

Portland - Rhapsody.Audio RLR

Products available to audition (coming soon)

-Pilium

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody.Audio DFW

Products available to audition:

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

-Pilium

-VYGER

-Kondo

-Taiko Audio

-VYDA

West Palm Beach & Miami (2 Florida locations) Rhapsody.Audio WPB/Miami

West Palm Beach will open initially. Miami will follow when the RLR is ready to host customers.

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Chicago, IL Rhapsody.Audio Chicago

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Long Island, NY Rhapsody.Audio Long Island

-Kondo

-Alsyvox

Dallas-RLR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We finally have the M9 room ready in the Dallas Fort Worth Rhapsody location. Still working on "the sonics", but aesthetically it is coming along.
View attachment 107642 View attachment 107643
Beautiful room Bob - @Rhapsody as an Alsyvox owner, interested to hear what room treatment you’ve applied for the Alsyvox room compared to this room? I think you are running some Diesis speakers in the same room as the Alsyvox - any pics you have of that room would be great to see as well.

Beautiful room Bob - @Rhapsody as an Alsyvox owner, interested to hear what room treatment you’ve applied for the Alsyvox room compared to this room? I think you are running some Diesis speakers in the same room as the Alsyvox - any pics you have of that room would be great to see as well.
Thx. We have professional pics coming mid-next week, for both rooms, so I will wait and post those pics once available. RD Acoustic panels are on both the front and rear walls of the the Diesis/Alsyvox room.

Here is a tease. The Alsyvox are on the opposite side of the room from the Diesis/Kondo system with another RD Acoustics identical back wall covering.

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-25 at 8.27.01 PM.jpeg

We finally have the M9 room ready in the Dallas Fort Worth Rhapsody location. Still working on "the sonics", but aesthetically it is coming along.
View attachment 107642 View attachment 107643

Really great looking room, Bob.

The speakers do seem very far apart across the 20 feet room width. I am wondering if putting them closer together might improve sonics. I don't know how the sonics currently are (you said you were still working on them), of course, but speakers closer together

1. usually give a more robust midrange (up to a point though, where it's simply not worth it moving them together even more), and
2. the imaging may also be better. While far apart speakers may give a very welcome huge sound on large-scale music, such as orchestral, something more intimate, e. g, a string quartet, may be quite exaggerated in size, depending on the recording. If the acoustics are sorted out and the radiation pattern of the speakers cooperates, you may get better scaling across a wide variety of music with speakers closer together. On small-scale music you may get a more appropriate size of soundstage, whereas on large-scale music the sound may still give a fantastic scale with such speakers.

Just some random thoughts; if I'm completely off the mark, simply ignore ;).

Reactions: ctydwn
It’ll be interesting to see where the speakers end up after the guys from Magico come to fine-tune the set up.

Reactions: PYP
Really great looking room, Bob.

The speakers do seem very far apart across the 20 feet room width. I am wondering if putting them closer together might improve sonics. I don't know how the sonics currently are (you said you were still working on them), of course, but speakers closer together

1. usually give a more robust midrange (up to a point though, where it's simply not worth it moving them together even more), and
2. the imaging may also be better. While far apart speakers may give a very welcome huge sound on large-scale music, such as orchestral, something more intimate, e. g, a string quartet, may be quite exaggerated in size, depending on the recording. If the acoustics are sorted out and the radiation pattern of the speakers cooperates, you may get better scaling across a wide variety of music with speakers closer together. On small-scale music you may get a more appropriate size of soundstage, whereas on large-scale music the sound may still give a fantastic scale with such speakers.

Just some random thoughts; if I'm completely off the mark, simply ignore ;).
HI Al, nah, the Diesis sound great in that room sitting right where they are. Of course if someone wanted to hear them moved closer together, they are quite easy to move, even though they weigh 250 lbs.

HI Al, nah, the Diesis sound great in that room sitting right where they are. Of course if someone wanted to hear them moved closer together, they are quite easy to move, even though they weigh 250 lbs.

I am talking about the Magico M9, Bob.

The Diesis do seem closer together.

It’ll be interesting to see where the speakers end up after the guys from Magico come to fine-tune the set up.
That's not the way it works. With the Magico calibration tools that they use, you can set the speakers basically where you want and the MXO crossover adjusts via the "tools" to adjust the mid- bass and bass showing in a RTA graph. Of course we already ran our RTA and it looks VERY GOOD, with no humps or voids at any frequency range before we settled on the final placement.

The front baffle is around 9' from the wall behind it. That is as far out in the room as we want to go. It gives layering and a great soundstage where they sit. Plus we took off the wheels and now they are on the Mpods, which make them non-moveable.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeterA
I am talking about the Magico M9, Bob.

The Diesis do seem closer together.
OH....sorry. I heard the M9s last week. I've never heard anything like it. Chris worked for weeks while the M9s were on wheels trying every possible position. The midrange is has more density than I've heard previously. They definitely don't need to be closer together.

I should add that if a curtain was placed in front of the speakers and a real drum set with a kick drum was set behind the curtain, I am quite certain that I would not be able to tell the difference between the M9s performing hard driving kick-drum sonics vs the real thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: ctydwn and Al M.
How much are those beautiful Kaiser (Spline?) Diffusor Panels on the front wall behind the speakers??
It really depends on the size and the shipping cost to the US is expensive as they are rather large and need to be packaged properly, which is not inexpensive.

Ballpark around $1K each usd plus shipping.

Reactions: christoph
Thx. We have professional pics coming mid-next week, for both rooms, so I will wait and post those pics once available. RD Acoustic panels are on both the front and rear walls of the the Diesis/Alsyvox room.

Here is a tease. The Alsyvox are on the opposite side of the room from the Diesis/Kondo system with another RD Acoustics identical back wall covering.

View attachment 107656
Hey Bob - did you get your professional pics done yet? Be great to see your room, especially the Alsyvox…

Hey Bob - did you get your professional pics done yet? Be great to see your room, especially the Alsyvox…
YES, they were done on Thursday, we were supposed to have them over the weekend, but I have not received them yet. Probably in the next day or two. Thx for asking!

Reactions: Levitator
Here are a few pics of the new Rhapsody.Audio- Dallas/Fort Worth showroom, which is now open and available to set up demonstration appointments with Chris Hesse in Dallas. Chris' contact information is on the Rhpapsody.Auido site under the Dallas location.
Photo Apr 20 2023, 10 27 48 AM.jpeg DSC_0429-1.png DSC_0440-2.png

Attachments

• Photo Apr 20 2023, 10 44 07 AM.jpg
    Photo Apr 20 2023, 10 44 07 AM.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Bob - great pics! With the Alsyvox, are you using any treatment in the corners behind the speakers? Also anything on the ceiling?? I do love the look of RD Acoustic Diffuser behind the speakers!!

Thanks for sharing Bob - great pics! With the Alsyvox, are you using any treatment in the corners behind the speakers? Also anything on the ceiling?? I do love the look of RD Acoustic Diffuser behind the speakers!!

We need a better pic, for this full shot, but as you can see just the RDA diffuser and the Kaiser side panels. Nothing on the ceiling. The BX sound really good in this room.

DSC_0415-1.png

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing