Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms

Rhapsody.Audio- Listening Rooms (RLRs)

Rhapsody.Audio would like to announce that within the next 3-4 months there will be multiple new locations where several of the product lines that Rhapsody.Audio represents will be available to audition via Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms (RLRs).

Initially, the RLR’s will have the products available for demonstration mentioned below. Upon opening, the DFW RLR will have a very similar product offering as that available at Rhapsody.Audio in Manhattan.

Over time, all locations will be expanding their portfolio to a comparable scale as that of NYC/DFW.

The RLRs will be available to host auditions by appointment. All product ordering and delivery logistics will be processed and supported from the Rhapsody.Audio NYC location.

Product assistance and installation will be supported by Rhapsody.Audio NYC along with the RLRs depending on customer location.

The RLR locations are:

Portland - Rhapsody.Audio RLR

Products available to audition (coming soon)

-Pilium

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody.Audio DFW

Products available to audition:

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

-Pilium

-VYGER

-Kondo

-Taiko Audio

-VYDA

West Palm Beach & Miami (2 Florida locations) Rhapsody.Audio WPB/Miami

West Palm Beach will open initially. Miami will follow when the RLR is ready to host customers.

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Chicago, IL Rhapsody.Audio Chicago

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Long Island, NY Rhapsody.Audio Long Island

-Kondo

-Alsyvox

Dallas-RLR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This an example of over moderation, imo. Granted C-man made a silly comment. Bob seemed to ignore it, why can't you? Unless Bob called you in, which I doubt. Let people deal with stuff on their own, which it seems Bob did.
I quite support this moderation. The comment Ron targeted can be posted repeatedly to derail any thread. There should be some thing in it instead of just calling B.S.

Last edited:
Pilium Odysseus integrated amplifier getting ready to ship. It's destination will be to drive the Magico A5s at Rhapsody in Brooklyn. Looking forward to the "red beauty".
image0-16.jpeg

Reactions: Scott Naylor
Ya big show-off!

Love the red. What other colors can be had?
Most any color except they are powder coated versus painted so we can get swatches to see what the colors would look like. Takes a month longer than silver or black plus $2K extra per chassis.

Hi, I have recently joined this forum, I wanted to congratulate the owners of Raphsody Audio also for the sensitivity they show towards Italian products, demonstrating that the evaluation parameters go beyond the label but look at the results and credibility of those who propose them. I too, in my small way, have pursued this philosophy. Congratulations!

Attachments

• thumbnail-2.jpeg
    thumbnail-2.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 98
  • thumbnail-1.jpeg
    thumbnail-1.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 99
Hi, I have recently joined this forum, I wanted to congratulate the owners of Raphsody Audio also for the sensitivity they show towards Italian products, demonstrating that the evaluation parameters go beyond the label but look at the results and credibility of those who propose them. I too, in my small way, have pursued this philosophy. Congratulations!
Welcome to wbf. These speakers and system are stunning.

Ciao Strappoacustico!

Welcome to WBF!!!

Grazie for the SO KIND words, it is appreciated. Your room and speakers, especially the speakers are AWESOME!!! I would love to hear them, I bet they are wonderful.

How does your Indian Sig. Sound? What cartridge are you using?

What are your amplifiers? I am curious about your speakers as well. Tell us more about your system.

Again, Grazie and nice to meet you!

Bob

Cor blimey thems big uns !

Reactions: Bobvin
Ciao Strappoacustico!

Welcome to WBF!!!

Grazie for the SO KIND words, it is appreciated. Your room and speakers, especially the speakers are AWESOME!!! I would love to hear them, I bet they are wonderful.

How does your Indian Sig. Sound? What cartridge are you using?

What are your amplifiers? I am curious about your speakers as well. Tell us more about your system.

Again, Grazie and nice to meet you!

Bob
Thanks Bob for the welcome.
My room exclusively dedicated to listening and hosting

the amplification constituted by the pair of power amps LAMM M1.2 Reference Hybrid Monoblock. The pre section consists of the deluxe version of the LAMM LL2.1 line preamplifier and the Conrad Johnson Tea1 phono preamplifier (version with teflon capacitors).

The speakers are the MAAT Sigma Acustica - Orchestra version produced by Extreme Audio, or Aldo Zaninello deus ex machina of the Italian brand.The MAATs are three-way speakers, nine speakers per channel, 102 dB of efficiency and a linear impedance of 8 ohms. Dimensions and weights are important 58x205x90 cm WxHxD and 300 kg of weight each.

The speakers are custom built to specifications, with very tight tolerances and are not derived from production models, only in this way it was possible to create a perfect synergy between them. The 42 cm woofer is made of carbon fiber and special paint for the ideal structural consolidation able to reduce the break-up resonances, the coil is large with double magnetic equipment.

The digital source consists of a mechanism from MSB Technology which is in fact a multi-format player (CD, SACD, DVD, Blu-ray, Hrx, liquid music in flac and DSD format). The mechanics constitute a system with the DAC, also by MSB Technology. The two machines, through the MSB I2S Pro output, take advantage of a bandwidth capable of transferring up to 8 digital channels at 32-bit 384 Khz.

The converter is a 24-bit R2R Ladder discrete stage, 32x digital filter and femtosecond derivation clock with separate power supply. As for the reproduction of high resolution files, these are stored on a NAS inserted in the home Ethernet network. The system is completed with a 21 "monitor connected via hdmi and via router to the NAS.

The turntable is the VYGER Indian Signature IV Generation with Vision tonearm and ZYX Ultimate Omega S cartridge. I have been in possession of this turntable for a very short time, so I have yet to "get to know it well" but I can't help but be satisfied with its sound.
If you pass through Rome, I will be delighted to let you listen to the Maat!

Thanks Bob for the welcome.
My room exclusively dedicated to listening and hosting

the amplification constituted by the pair of power amps LAMM M1.2 Reference Hybrid Monoblock. The pre section consists of the deluxe version of the LAMM LL2.1 line preamplifier and the Conrad Johnson Tea1 phono preamplifier (version with teflon capacitors).

The speakers are the MAAT Sigma Acustica - Orchestra version produced by Extreme Audio, or Aldo Zaninello deus ex machina of the Italian brand.The MAATs are three-way speakers, nine speakers per channel, 102 dB of efficiency and a linear impedance of 8 ohms. Dimensions and weights are important 58x205x90 cm WxHxD and 300 kg of weight each.

The speakers are custom built to specifications, with very tight tolerances and are not derived from production models, only in this way it was possible to create a perfect synergy between them. The 42 cm woofer is made of carbon fiber and special paint for the ideal structural consolidation able to reduce the break-up resonances, the coil is large with double magnetic equipment.

The digital source consists of a mechanism from MSB Technology which is in fact a multi-format player (CD, SACD, DVD, Blu-ray, Hrx, liquid music in flac and DSD format). The mechanics constitute a system with the DAC, also by MSB Technology. The two machines, through the MSB I2S Pro output, take advantage of a bandwidth capable of transferring up to 8 digital channels at 32-bit 384 Khz.

The converter is a 24-bit R2R Ladder discrete stage, 32x digital filter and femtosecond derivation clock with separate power supply. As for the reproduction of high resolution files, these are stored on a NAS inserted in the home Ethernet network. The system is completed with a 21 "monitor connected via hdmi and via router to the NAS.

The turntable is the VYGER Indian Signature IV Generation with Vision tonearm and ZYX Ultimate Omega S cartridge. I have been in possession of this turntable for a very short time, so I have yet to "get to know it well" but I can't help but be satisfied with its sound.
If you pass through Rome, I will be delighted to let you listen to the Maat!
I thought they looked liked the Lamms, but I did not recognize the top plates.

LOVE the MAAT SA speakers. WOW!!! I bet they are fun getting into the room:)

Once the VYGER is all settled in I think you will love it. I LOVE my Atlantis.

When we start traveling again and I make my way to Munich, if passing through Rome, I WILL get in touch.

Warm regards for the holiday season and happy listening to that GREAT SYSTEM that you have assembled!!! Bravo!!!

Bob,

can you tell me how the Pilium Electra dac handles file processing? does it keep PCM and dsd native while it processes? or does everything convert to either PCM or dsd and get upconverted? i looked at the website, and read what little has been posted, and came up crickets.

i read that this dac has great performance, and it would be helpful to understand more about it.

thanks.

Bob,

can you tell me how the Pilium Electra dac handles file processing? does it keep PCM and dsd native while it processes? or does everything convert to either PCM or dsd and get upconverted? i looked at the website, and read what little has been posted, and came up crickets.

i read that this dac has great performance, and it would be helpful to understand more about it.

thanks.
Hi Mike,

No upsampling with the Elektra. All pcm and dsd are native processing.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne
I visited the Rhapsody Dallas location the other day. I spent a couple hours listening to the Diesis/ Kondo system. Chris was a great host and the system sounded great. The Diesis speakers are pretty unique sounding and it was nice to be able to compare high end digital (Taiko/ Pilium) with high end Kondo analog.
I love the Rhapsody Listening Room concept and wish them well in the future.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing